Ouya.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
If this console comes to fruition, it looks like it will have a lot of support. So much so that you would have to be some lunatic fanboy to not give it a try.

They've already received a promise on an exclusive game from one developer, they'll be streaming games with OnLive and now, Square Enix will be backing them and promising Final Fantasy III for them. Also, I don't recall seeing a previous date of release, but this article has it as March 2013. One more reason for me to believe that the next XBox and PS4 will also be out in 2013.

There is no way that they will allow Nintendo and Ouya to have the market by themselves for an entire year.

BBC News - Square Enix backs Kickstarter-funded console Ouya

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
The name of this console is a bit strange, but funny. I don´t know what the consumer group pointed to the company, but I think it is a bold and risky proposal, because we all know that every time there is less room for competition in the world of the new consoles. I am glad that there are people with new ideas and willing to carry them out. I am going to read this article from the BBC to find out a little more. Anyway, I don't think that console is sold in my country so soon.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, the size of the console is supposed to be as big as a Rubik's Cube, so that helps them find a spot in my home as I'm not moving a bunch of stuff around. They have a real controller for real hands, not that piece of crap on the PS3 that is built for the hands of Smurfs. :D

I'm actually more interested in getting certain games that I like to play on Android than I am any other games. But, I guess with the streaming of OnLive, I can test out some games a little more fully and then decide whether I want them on my XBox profile.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Dude please, there isn't anything wrong the the PS3's controller. People didn't have any issue with it until this generation all of a sudden. Nice way to get a fanboy dig in btw :)

But as for Ouya. I still don't see how this is going to be effect. Yeah they have support. But look at the games. Outside of that Onlive, those are all games you find on your phones. And that's a mobile market. They're going to have a hard time trying to get these people that generally ONLY care to play those games on the go on their phones to suddenly be stationary and play in the household.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Only a fanboy would take that much offense to a widely thought comment about that tiny controller. It's not that serious, but if you want to make it so, then so be it.

iemp

Reaction score
Yeah Ouya... Funny name but I really like the whole idea about making cheap android gaming device. They say it should cost 99 bucks? Does anyone know if it's possible to pre order it? :)

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I never understood the criticism of PS3 controllers. I am 6'8 and naturally have large hands and I can still game on it with no problem.

Anyways, if this is mostly mobile games I will not be getting it, but if they gets some great games for only 99 bucks I would definitely get it.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I've never suggested that people aren't able to get used to the PS controllers as clearly they are, but it is still a small controller. That's just fact, especially in comparison to the controllers of the other consoles.

Iemp, you can go to Kickstarter and pledge if you want to preorder.

I think they will be able have mobile games played on the Ouya, but with the streaming of games through OnLive and other developers pledging games, they will have a pretty good variety, especially at $99.