Ok, dads not home, you have 5 minutes, what do you kill?

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So the situation is you arrive at the enemy's base, nobody is home, you have a certain time before he comes back, what do you kill?

Orc - I would say burrows, one being they will shoot and two that they are food
Elf - Ancient of Lore to slow him down then huntress hall so he can't get back up
Dead - kill acolytes, any tech buildings (slaughterhouse, temple), then graveyard to slow him down further (all tech buildings require graveyard)
Human - not sure, probably peasants and shop, perhaps go after sanctums, though he could just rebuild them... perhaps the castle?

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
gatherers+townhall/necropolis/stronghold/ancient

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
For humans, sack the shop if its in sight. Or go straight for the peasents. When they call to arms, setup your summons and fighters to target them. They aren't chicken ****s as Miltia, and the only difference is that they have heavy armor and 5 armor. If you are good, you could probably kill a large number of them.

If you keep up the pressure of your attacks. He will be using CoA more than he is gathering resources to build his harder units, while your workers are safe to get you what you need.

Hell, me and Impactor discussed this. He tends to do harassing and rushing a lot to avoid this situation happening to him.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
5 mins !? ahahah if someone's not home for 5 mins he's gg

vs elf I kill many wisps, especially when teching to t2, I had a case when I killed his wisps and his mine so he left. While if he's back with his units, a battle in his base with the moon wells would suck for me - then I would lose and I make sure, here's a positioning - I make sure I'm on the side of the moon wells. If he's next to the moon wells I don't fight there (that is later game), in the beginning with 1-2 wells they are emptied fast, so it's ok to be there. And some silly guys while moving through my units to get to the wells, eh they were newbs prolly, they kinda lost a lot xD

vs hu shop and workers, vs ud workers while teching , vs orc - burrows. If someone's not back for that long and doesn't have exe - gg noob. Say you get 10 gold per 3 sec, we multiply both sides x100, you get like 1000 gold for 300 sec (5 mins). Kinda big loss if for 5 mins you don't pick gold, ok you will have 1-2 workers while you kill the rest 3, at least 500+ loss of gold.

Yeah good you know that Chris, a lot of peasants loss is my fault, but that is the crappiest thing that can happen to me, such games unless very long and with exe.. are just crap from the beginning. And Chris don't feel offended when I said you're not good, it's true but I'm not good either, im starting to get good, you know 'good' means really to have owned a lot more good players than I did. You're not newb, right? I also think you're not. With my inactivity now I'm prolly less even than 'starting to become good'. If you felt like playing for old time's sake even if SC2 is out and I may prolly be back not earlier than the late spring of the next year, I would play with you. There aren't any ppl left in war3 anyway.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
None taken, I got that analogy from your strategies yuo used in your old games. The only players I have ever seen you get beaten by were those that either, A) Knew how to coutner your units or B) Harassed you a lot to keep your resource pool at a minimum.

My style of harassing works better vs NE. For two reasons:

1) If I am orc, I can use wolves to attack wisps, if he blows them, its one less wisp for him to use. If he is newb, I can kill off some before they become a threat. I actually once killed off an entire array of wisps with just a Blademaster, made the guy leave.

2) If I am NE, I can use KOTG with trees and do the same thing, I showed Dream_walker a long time ago how to do this harass. When he attacked with me, he would have 2 archers and a KOTG - pretty devastating in the hero harass stages. If I get warden, I run in and FoK the wisps. At level 2, it instantly kills them, cutting thier wood supply to shreds.

As for the wells, sometimes using thier heal can be your advantage. If you force them to use wells o ntheir weaker units, you can then beat up thier stronger units with no fear of them recovering thier lost HP.