Oh how I love starfall...

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Oh is it great... Oh how I love it

The other day I was playing with a couple crappy team-mates, you all know how that is... had they stuck with it we probably would have won. They had pretty much desicrated both of my partners bases, they were just rhomping, somehow I managed to draw them to my base without finishing off my partners bases....

I Parked my dryads towards the back of my entrance, my huntresses towards the front, and my priestess right in the middle... all through my entrance where auto-cast Moon wells and it was at night in the game, so my moon wells would constantly charge back up.

So I'm sitting there waiting, and they send Chims, Tauren, Shaman and necros to my base.... but not all at once, so I had to do some fighting... finally they got all their units to my base and Blam, I unleashed it.... Starfall... I wiped out most of their units, the only ones that made it through to my base where the ones that showed up late, so I was preparing for battle and was constantly trying to replace the lost ones at my base with ones that I was producing in my base, which had just built up and I forgot about, which was enough to take out what was left.

Starfall has to be the greatest Hero ability in the game. Earthquake is good, but it doesn't damage units... what's your favorite hero spell to cast upon your helpless opponents?

Wish I had the replay... dah...

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I understand that at the time, you may think starfall is godly, but it is way too easy to stop. Wand of wind, Druid of the Talons cyclone, Bash, Warstomp, sleep, the hammer, and just running away (which the people who you played were too dumb to do.) I love it when my enemies get a PoM, she is so easy to beat.

With that all said, starfall is an incredible spell if there are no counters that I listed above.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I hate it in defense situations, that time it happened to work but in an attack on a base... it's ungodly. Not only do you kick buildings asses, but you kick units as well

what's your favorite spell?

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'd have to say my favorite spell is thunder clap. IT kicks major ass against every single units ass (besides air and gay dryads.) Plus Avatar, so you are hugely on steroids and you cant be mana burned and stuff. Plus a few mana potions and a pendent or two and the mk can take out armies single handedly.Thunder clap is definately my fav :)

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
starfall is good. I personally have begun to like "Blizzard" more though... simply cause it regenerates much faster, you can get it sooner and it does incredible amounts of damage to stuff. Starfall is good, but it can be countered very easily like psychotic said... so I stay away from it now.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Eh, I like it because it's probably the most effective elf spell between the three Heros... but in order to counter it, you have to get your units close enough to the priestess, which when playing me (I've gotten better as of recent) is very hard to do... esspecially you're tier two, three units. I usually go for the hero first, then work my way down. Unless like you said, you have Druid of the Talon or something that can counter my Starfall, then I go for that before the hero.

Reines

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes starfall is very easy to defend. a simple stun or sleep will end that starfall. yes many other things can even counter that defence, but it is very hard to execute,

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Starfall is not easy to defend from, because if u lose ur hero u cant stop it and ur dead.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
meh... I still say it's the best spell.... unit damage wise I don't think there is one that is better.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
still think sleep is the best, it takes a hero out, and they need to let it wake up or attack the hero. sleep also stops moves such as starfal and healing rain. which makes it a great tactic vs night elves.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
yeah, as far as Undead goes though, I find them to be the weakest race, they just have large numbers. I can probably take out your hero before I even think about casting starfall, I usually start casting starfall just as I think I'm about to lose a battle.

I once went into a base and cast starfall just as the other team TP'd to help, oh it was a beautiful massacre, my timing couldn't have been better, the instant they entered the base they where getting their ass kicked. Not to say that Starfall can't be countered, but you either have to be really quick about how you're going to counter it, or really tactful either way you're still going to get damage done to you.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Placebo
The best hero owning hero is the Mountain King.
Mountain king, is a great hero, it was stated above why. I like the Mountain king, Dreadlord, keeper of the grove, and tauren chieften. They all are great heros.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Archmage + mountain king is probarbly the best hero combo in the game.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I like the war stomp, more than once that spell has leveled my troops. With good management of that spell, you will own.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, shockwave hits buildings, and its very very very good if you use it against a line of soldiers, or spellcasters.

entense

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.cydevr.net
I agree with Silynt, starfall is my favorite. Last night I played a 3v3 game where I was NE and was teching to Hyp Riders. Unfortunately they rushed, and took out practically my whole team. One of my allies left, and the other hung around. I was level 5 and near level 6 after we killed off all their weak units they used to rush. I then level up, after some rebuilding, they came back and we were away from base. We let them run in on my base and start attacking, then we both used our scrolls and I activated Starfall right as I got there. We wiped out their ENTIRE army and went on to win a 2 v 3 game. Starfall rules when used at the right times in the right place, thats all. :)