Nukes or BCs?

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On a money map, which is better:Nukes or BCs.
(I made this thread because I need serious help with my Terran)

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
On a money map you can do both so I don't think it matters to much. If you can get a Ghost in without being noticed, you can really do damage. If you can't then you mix them up. Use the nuke(s) to take out air defense and send your BattleCruisers in.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Unless you're playing tvt, neither. On $$$ maps, by all means, go for it. They both suck and are easily beaten.

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
if its tvz then dont go for ghosts cause u will lose. but in tvp dont go for nukes.in tvt dont go for nukes.go for battlecrusiers and take them out!!!

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Moof-Ader
if its tvz then dont go for ghosts cause u will lose. but in tvp dont go for nukes.in tvt dont go for nukes.go for battlecrusiers and take them out!!!
Overlords aren't invincible. Why not nuke Zerg? If you are facing a newb, it might not hurt his economy because of tremendous cash flow, nuke his cluster of Overlords. It looks awesome.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Overlords don't have to be invincible. There are plenty of those floating around. Terran goes ghosts against zerg for one reason and one reason only. Zerg doesn't need overlords to reveal your ghosts, either. Parasite, ensnare. plague also reveal them, too.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll never see a Zerg using one of those spells as their primary detection method against Ghosts. Zerg may use against a bunch of Wraiths to uncloak and slow them/damage them. Other than that though, you don't send a Queen to do an Overlord's job.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If were discussing money maps, then I don't see why a zerg wouldn't use queens as an alternate means of detection. The fact that terran goes ghosts against the zerg is baffling in itself.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright. You may have a better understanding. I don't play money maps, but you may. I don't know. I just don't see how a Zerg would find time to use a Queen to do that when they are probably going to be defending/attacking the whole game, atleast the Terran should to make a distraction while the Ghost sets up the Nuke.
When you hear 'Nuclear Launch Detected', do you send an Overlord to find the Ghost, or Ensare every square inch of your base?

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by iamshort
On a money map, which is better:Nukes or BCs.
(I made this thread because I need serious help with my Terran)
*cough* NOOB *cough*

who goes bc's or nukes on money map...if u focus on either of these two things...u lost for sure...better to stick with the old m&m and tanks

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole point of money maps (atleast when I played them a long time ago) was to mass the biggest and most expensive unit. I guess times have changed.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Raccoon
Alright. You may have a better understanding. I don't play money maps, but you may. I don't know. I just don't see how a Zerg would find time to use a Queen to do that when they are probably going to be defending/attacking the whole game, atleast the Terran should to make a distraction while the Ghost sets up the Nuke.
When you hear 'Nuclear Launch Detected', do you send an Overlord to find the Ghost, or Ensare every square inch of your base?

Using ghosts on non-money map is completely unheard if that's what you're talking about. Yeah, so are queens, but we are discussing money maps. The only time nukes are used on non-money maps is when terran is already winning.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Using ghosts on non-money map is completely unheard if that's what you're talking about. Yeah, so are queens, but we are discussing money maps. The only time nukes are used on non-money maps is when terran is already winning.
So... you haven't heard of Lockdown?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
locking down units in tvz? good luck. ghosts aren't used in tvp because ghosts are too gas intensive. ok, maybe not COMPLETELY unheard of since there used in tvt once in a while.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
using nukes is a waste in money maps unless ur playing a noob
ur better off with bcs but u should have wraiths and a science vessel with them

and money maps arent just build the biggest, most expensive units as fast as u can otherwise u lost against me.

i havent seen anyone use a queen to reveal a ghost but it is possible but it is much easier to use overlords and hope u have any guards near the ghost

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Nukes, nukes, nuuuuuuukes!!! Heh heh... They go BOOM. It has to be on a money map or it's not half as effective though.

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Neither will BCs, unless you're playing against ubernewbies.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Re: Nukes or BCs?

Originally posted by Tiger_shark
*cough* NOOB *cough*

who goes bc's or nukes on money map...if u focus on either of these two things...u lost for sure...better to stick with the old m&m and tanks
Hey man, you can't blame me. I sux with Terran. That's why I made this damn thread anyway.

Anyway, I usually try nukes only when I am playing Originial, because no one like builds detectors for some damn unkown reason.

Also, how would you use both BCs and Nukes at the same time? They both take up a lot of space. (Even though Starcraft update to make BCs take up 6 space now)