Night elf RUSH

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
make a hero, rush.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
find out where the enemy is, by this time have a hero out and about 5 or so wisps(make sure you have wood and gold). Now send ur hero in to distract the other player(make sure u have at least 1 moon well and AOW by now) move all your wisps near the enemy base and build like 5 ancients. if u can, 5 ancient protectors would be nice, but you probably can get by with ancient of war.

have fun :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
find out where the enemy is, by this time have a hero out and about 5 or so wisps(make sure you have wood and gold). Now send ur hero in to distract the other player(make sure u have at least 1 moon well and AOW by now) move all your wisps near the enemy base and build like 5 ancients. if u can, 5 ancient protectors would be nice, but you probably can get by with ancient of war.

have fun :)
5 buildings? for what? to waste resources? :(

one is enough, two might be bit much, but two keeps those hunts coming.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
13uryYourHead said:
im looking for a great night elf rush strategy, does anyone have one?

U know that movie? "white man can't jump"
I am telling u, NE can't rush

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
Night Elf rush isn't too hard to counter, the hero's are only good for hero harrassing that early in the same, and with Archers being ranged, melee can really easily take them out.
huntress anyone?

and if NE cant rush, neither can UD, HU, or Orc.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
make a hero, rush.
I come to this thread, about to write the most intellegent response, with build oreders and unit strats etc. and I read your post and almost choked on my food.
Bravo, Bravo

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
I don't find hunts to be a very good unit.
Then how do you find archers a better unit?

@Pan: well, thats what you did essentially to me and messed up everything pretty much :grunt your DK was really annoying you knwo that?

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What Hero is better to rush with? Warden or Demon Hunter?
I would think Warden.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
huntress anyone?

and if NE cant rush, neither can UD, HU, or Orc.
No way, too much time lost to get to them and to train and they need lots of money.
This is not rush.
Mass arches is totally out of the picture because everyone else has heavy armored melee.
DH is a good rush hero, but the units don't help him.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
What Hero is better to rush with? Warden or Demon Hunter?
I would think Warden.
Both are good, I prefer Demon Hunter becuase of manaburn and evasion.

If you want some massacores or hero killing, go with Warden, but mind you she dies much faster than DH, and runs out of mana real quick.

and @stormhawk: then you obivously dont know how to play as NE nor its BO, I can rush fine with hunts. and sadly, I would have to say all NE has to depend on to win a game is early harass, also known as rush.

and Hitsua, I'd agree, hunts and archers arent the best units to be used in the game, but when all your give n is those two units.. you just gotta pick hunts.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
and @stormhawk: then you obivously dont know how to play as NE nor its BO, I can rush fine with hunts. and sadly, I would have to say all NE has to depend on to win a game is early harass, also known as rush.
Recently I played some b.net TFT against some dude (he was good), on lost temple, and I rushed the creeps near the baase with war ancient, settled a second base and start to train hunt.

I got 11 hunt and I wanted to go and kill him, when I noticed that he was attacking me with nothing else than mass rifle, guess what, I got defeated, though my DH did his job and sliced his hero in 1v1, and the wisps cleared the elementals.

The thing is that hunt has perfect damage vs medium armor and piercing excelent vs unarmored, but melee is melee and ranged is easy, u just change the target, there is no need to change your battle position in order to hit them with the axe or sword or whatever.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Recently I played some b.net TFT against some dude (he was good), on lost temple, and I rushed the creeps near the baase with war ancient, settled a second base and start to train hunt.

I got 11 hunt and I wanted to go and kill him, when I noticed that he was attacking me with nothing else than mass rifle, guess what, I got defeated, though my DH did his job and sliced his hero in 1v1, and the wisps cleared the elementals.

The thing is that hunt has perfect damage vs medium armor and piercing excelent vs unarmored, but melee is melee and ranged is easy, u just change the target, there is no need to change your battle position in order to hit them with the axe or sword or whatever.
The thing is, the rush Im talking about starts with one hero and first hunt being made =/

You gotta start harassing at the first, otherwise you let your opponent come at your with rifles or w/e.

It might be different story with UD because they usually have towers set up, and they get fiends relatively faster...

StarGirl

Reaction score
pan said:
I come to this thread, about to write the most intellegent response, with build oreders and unit strats etc. and I read your post and almost choked on my food.
Bravo, Bravo

I read THIS and i almost on MY food. HAH! kudos.

I usually prefer to tech with NE. I've seen highly sucessful "rushes" in 2v2's where they pump out mass tier one units and overwhelm the opposing team in early-mid game.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
if i have a NE on my team i usually tell him to feed resources. thats all they are good for in early game. ;)

(kidding, kidding, dont flame me! ahahaha)

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
here is a strat with build orders

3 wisps at gold
2 building altar and moon well
pump 2 more wisps at gold
pump 3 wisps at wood
send the 2 building wisps to make ancient of war and ancient of wonders
pump 2 more wisps at wood
send a wood wisp to make a hunters hall
send a wood wisp to build a moonwell every time one is finished
pump 5 archers out (harrass enemies base with ur hero and archers and make more archers as they die, or go creeping)
pump 5 wisps to wood
tech to tier 2
when tier 2 is done make 2-3 ancient of lores
pump out a few bears, and also tech their special abilities
tech str of the wild for attack and defence
pump some dryads out about 5-8
tech to tier 3
tech str of the wild again
pump enough bears till u run out of food

then send 80% of your bears as bears, and 20 as night elf to rejuvinate the damaged bears.
this plan always works for me!