New Computer

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Just ordered my new Alienware gaming laptop. I can't wait for it to get here. Specs-

ALIENWARE M17x, Soft Touch Stealth Black
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 2860QM 2.5GHz (3.6GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
VIDEO CARD 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M
HARD DRIVE 1.5TB Raid 0 (2x 750GB 7,200RPM)
LCD PANEL 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920x1080 120Hz WLED w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle

I'm pretty ****ing stoked.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Just ordered my new Alienware gaming laptop. I can't wait for it to get here. Specs-

ALIENWARE M17x, Soft Touch Stealth Black
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 2860QM 2.5GHz (3.6GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
VIDEO CARD 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M
HARD DRIVE 1.5TB Raid 0 (2x 750GB 7,200RPM)
LCD PANEL 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920x1080 120Hz WLED w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle

I'm pretty ****ing stoked.
Gaming laptop? Alienware? How much that cost you, like 4,000? You're aware you could build your own or get one built (yes, even laptops) for maybe 1/4 of that cost for the same thing, right?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I agree, Alienware is way overpriced.

Though you basically pay to have an alien icon on your laptop.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
dido all of the above, but it would cost $1500-$2000 to get that built somewhere else by my estimates.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I never saw an appeal for a gaming laptop.

PC gaming? Sure. But when are you gonna be gamin on the go? LAN situtations, maybe, but whatevers clever.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a gaming laptop just because I have to have a laptop for work/school, take it with me every day, and I like playing games. I didn't want to have to buy 2 different computers and then not have the files I downloaded or stuff installed on one of the computers when I wanted it.... plus I can play games during work or what not!

adamlee

Reaction score
Computers which are using nowadays are efficiently work.they are work on p5 processor.now window 8 has been lunched everywhere,with some new and effictive feature.

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
I think one of the best graphics cards I have ever used is the GeForce GTX550 TI, it handles most of the stuff I have :). I play Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, and Red Orchestra 2 with it, and it's an awesome card for those games. I recommend it for almost any game, since It can handle almost, if not anything on the PC platform.

johnTisRad

Reaction score
I don't think that you can build your own gaming laptop for 1/4 of the price just because of the companies that have the ability to buy the parts at premium prices and as a result construct them for cheaper prices. Just a word of advice however you could of saved a good chunk of money by getting another computer and replacing it with an alienware casing if you liked that, because alienware is like mac books (no offense to you mac book lovers) but what I'm saying is that its the brand that helps it be sold so they can increase the price and something like hp with the same specs may cost half price or less... I have also heard so bad things about dell customer support so you may want to check that out and be careful. Congratz on the new laptop though!

Nickman13

Reaction score
I wish I had a better computer so I could engage in PC gaming. I have a Dell Inspiron 15.
500 GB Hard Drive
4096 KB RAM
16.3 Inch Screen HD

Got it for 400$ from Best Buy.
Thought it was a pretty good deal