NE~The best strategy 4 ne v/s humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pepeku

The best strategy 4 ne v/s humans

I made a bet with a friend that i could beat him being a ne v/s him with humans... So i need a good strategy 4 this...

THX

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Follow your normal general NE build except:
Get a DH and first skill mana burn,
Upgrade to dryads and druids of bear

That should keep at bay unless your general NE skillz are bad. If the game is getting long go grab some chims at a expac base.

XanDeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well footman kinda suck o_O other then having armor of 2 at start their damage is pretty weak a DH with a few archers/hunts coul take out almost a whole army of footman well, i can atleast (i tech up fast) and about placebo's bears/dryads bears OWN but only in bear form and dryads are ok because of slow poison and that stuff... and knights... those r a b*tch but you bears should hold them off :)

G

gvbryan

ARMOR!

Get a Paladin with aura and Priests with master training.
Then, you can can upgrade armor with a blacksmith.
Get knights, then witht he Paladin and Priests Behind with inner fire, you will walk through any ground army.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U should probarbly get a demon hunter and tech to huntress right away. Good scouting is fatal because if he techs to sorceress + priests u need to make dryads.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i think you should make dryads, priest or not. but if they get units like knights huntresses will be usefull. in fact build lots o huntress and dryads. put in a couple druids for support and rock them.

P

Parages

k the knights will own ur hunts also the polomorph is annoyin so its pointless to go bears so its best to go dyraids and druids of talon ( fully upgraded) the druids of talon use hurricae on the knights and the dyraids finish of the sorc/priests this plan works well. O yea and use Dh for a hero or potm

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Humans Just plain, all out suck completely and totaly. and poly would do shit agaist my force i just said. notice how i said PUT IN SOME DRYADS. its a t hing called abolish magic. poly would only waste ur magic, while i change em back and own ur retarded ass.

TansenGronfar

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
is a huge line of ancient protectors a good defense for the last base standing on my team? i'm talking, like, 20 of them. i lined them up and created a barrier around my base and just made lotsa dryads.... it sorta worked for 10 minutes, but the other team got sick of waiting and came in with all these hippogryphs+sorceresses. otherwise, i'm not that good at playing... what's the best NE strategy for the first 5 minutes of the game.... i'm kinda slow at expanding, but i'm getting better.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
For nightelves, a good huntress rush is fairly common. huntresses are good vs meele units and are also important. Archers just don't cut it for me.

Meet me on bnet, my name is pan_the_man, ill see how good u are.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
In the very begining, get 5 wisps on gold and maybe 10 on lumber to have steady income. like i said contact me and ill play with u, are you on now? PM me.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT send all of your wisps to the gold mine. Elves are very demanding on lumber.

As for beating humans, it's virtually impossible to defeat a human rush. Footmen are very quick to build and hard to defend against. Their basic unit is Footmen (Melee), and Elves produce Archers (ranged)

Melee will always defeat ranged. However, going for Demon hunter in this situation isn't your best idea, you may be able to take out the hero fast with a DH, but you're not really getting killed by the hero, you're getting mauled by footmen, I'd go for a keeper of the Grove and get treants, send the treants after the hero, deturring the footmen from your base, in the meantime, pump out huntresses as fast as you can. When one dies, make sure you have one building in your Ancient already building.

If you make it past the human rush (assuming there is one), you can pretty much guarantee he's either going to tech to tanks and mortar teams, or priests and sorceress. Defending tanks and mortar teams is easy, they're siege units, any large group of melee (Huntress)will do , or air units (Hippogryphs, chimaeras).

If he decides he's going to tech to priests and sorceress', I cannot emphasize enough that you need to have Dryads in this case with abolish magic upgrade. Anything that they decide they're going to polymorph will be negated by the dryads, if a priest casts inner fire, this too will be negated by the dryads. Make sure you have a large group of them since they're mana is limited. If you face Priests and sorceress' make sure you have a form of melee, and dryads, it would help to have Druid of the Talon with Cyclone as well, toss those spell casters in the air.

It's all about countering. If you can defeat a human rush, I think you can defeat humans. They're not that great in the late game. They do have strong spells, but against undead or NE, the negation spells are devastating.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just to tell ya, i dont put 5 on gold right away, one goes to moon well one goes to alter one to lumber and 2a to gold. then i build 3 wissps 2 for gold and 2 for lumber. NE is realy east to rush, so its best to get quick huntresses for te footman rush. KOTG is the only hero to use.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
oh, I didn't mean send them all to lumber at first, usually I do what you just said

3 ---> mine
1----> moon well
1----> Altar

then from that point on I just have the whisps go to lumber, after the altar is built, that wisp then goes to the mine, and the moon well wisp is sent to the trees. After a while I get a 5th wisp on the mine, it depends on how fast my money moves around.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
For nightelves, a good huntress rush is fairly common. huntresses are good vs meele units and are also important. Archers just don't cut it for me.

Meet me on bnet, my name is pan_the_man, ill see how good u are.
Pan... are you talking to me? If so, add me to your friends list. I'm on azeroth using the name TheLichKingJr. (the . is part of my name)

I'll show you the true power of humans

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Pan, You'll get owned by him, I don't care how good of an elf player you are, A human rush is like twice as fast as an elf rush. Esspecially if you're going Hunts. If the two of you want to play, I'll be home the majority of the evening, Pan, you can be undead.... I'll be elf, lich, you can be human.

Unless you plan on using protectors, there is no way you will out-build a human. Barracks can be assembled with multiple peasants rapidly, and footmen are produced at the speed archers are. Where a whisp has to build the building by itself, and on top of that, hunts are a half tier unit, and hunts are produced about half as fast as a footman, so he's probably building about twice what you are. Even though huntress has the moon glave bounce... I still take the two footmen over your one huntress. You'll lose this one.

2 footmen -> 1 huntress
4 footmen -> 2 huntress
6 footmen -> 3 huntress
8 footmen -> 4 huntress
10 footmen -> 5 huntress

You've played with me before Pan, I'm pretty good with elves, usually my first encounter with a rush is just after I've produced my fourth huntress, and I produce them fast, I'm efficient at that, as you know... I haven't seen you play with elves, but I know that undead is your strength... you might want to stick to that, but if you think you can defeat a human rush 1v1, you're a better elf player than I, or at least a better solo player.

just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.