Nagalisk Calling

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
After having consumed breakfast, Leo was accosted by Commander Geans.

"Admiral wants you to come along with us. We're reviewing Simon today."

"Does he know?"

"No. We want to see how he is, unprepared."

"You and the Admiral both know how I hate this, right?"

"Of course."

"Anyone else coming along?"

"Divinia for medical, Katie for psych."

Elsewhere...

Katie woke up, startled. "No! I'm late!" She had fallen asleep at her desk. Stumbling over books and such, Katie rushed to the bathroo to brush her teeth. She stopped just as suddenly when she noticed that she had a message.

"Oh good... my test has been cancelled. Psych analysis for... Simon. Hm. This ought to be interesting."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon walked out of the combat Sim. He managed to kill 5 of them, but the last 5 killed him. He groaned and then exited the Sim room to see Leo, Admiral Codop, Divinia and Katie waiting for him.

"Exam time, Simon." Admiral Codop said. Simon swore under his breath. "I didnt get to study!!" Simon yelled. But the Admiral raised a hand. "That's the whole point, son. You need to expect the unexpected."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Alright then... combat analysis. Leo?"

"You're relying too much on the AI and your technology. You're not patient enough, and you jump the gun. Try training without Tek or any sort of detectors. You need to sharpen your natural senses and instincts."

Simon grumbled at this, saying something about how it wasn't 2003.

"If it was 2003, Simon, you'd have no deer heads mounted."

The Admiral then turned to Katie.

"Well, Leo did pretty good at summing up my, uh... my analysis. Like Leo said, you need more patience. 'Patience is a virtue, but it's a pain in the rear to get.' Also, you're too distracted. Staying aware is one thing, but you twitch at almost every sign of movement. I know you've gotten off alcohol, but you might want to stay of the... the, uh..."

Leo looked at Katie. "Caffiene?"

Katie blushed at her loss of words. "Yeah. Thanks."

The Admiral motioned to Simon, signalling that it was time for his written test.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon cursed with every bad comment under his breath. They were studying him. He really hated being watched. "At least Caffine doesn't put me into a drunken stupor." He muttered.

He entered the test room and looked down at the vid pad where his test questions were.

(You do the questions for me, I have no clue what questions there would be for 2nd Lieutenent)

Simon cursed with every bad comment under his breath. They were studying him. He really hated being watched. "At least Caffine doesn't put me into a drunken stupor." He muttered.

He entered the test room and looked down at the vid pad where his test questions were.

(You do the questions for me, I have no clue what questions there would be for 2nd Lieutenent)

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((Hehe, neither do I. Time to do some time skippage!))

About two and a half hours later Simon had finished. He stood up and turned in his test. Commander Geans looked it over and told him that he'd have the results later. Divinia came up.

"Lady and gentlemen, excuse us. Simon, time for your physical."

Simon and Divinia walked off to medical. Under her breath, Divinia spoke.

"No funny business, mkay? What we do in our freetime can't interfere with our jobs."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon couldn't help but grin. "Sure, Divinia. After this I might give you a physical." He said with a wink then stripped down to his skivvies...

Admiral Codop: Hm...Hope nothing funny happens in there.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Half an hour later Simon left the Infirmary, holding his report. His father looked it over.

"Well, at least your liver isn't getting any worse. Seems you've suffered some physical trauma to the head, but that doesn't explain much... Well, it seems you're good to go. Test results will come in tomorrow."

The Admiral turned to Katie.

"Your test will be tomorrow. Testing for First Lieutenant, right?"

"Yessir."

"Good luck."

The Admiral walked off, deep in conversation with Commander Geans about infantry tactics. Leo, Katie, and Simon were left standing in the hallway, chatting. At least, Simon and Katie were chatting. Leo was being his usual, uncommunicative self.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon sighed in relief that he passed the physical test. His depression didn't suverely damage his liver which was good. He was talking to Katie and Leo though Leo was only half interested as usual.

"Right, after your test, Kate, let's all celebrate."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
"Yeah, we should do that. Who's gonna bring the booze?'

"I dunno... Leo?"

It would be quite a joke for Leo to bring alcohol. He has only been publicly drunk once, for a challenge, and the uptight commander of the DREAM MAKERs bringing alcohol would never be expected. Naturally, that made him the prime selection.

"C'mon Leo! We need beer and stuff for any kind of celebration!" Katie grinned in her psychotic, yet strangely cute, way. Simon agreed with her.

"Yeah! Besides, we still need to celebrate our victory!"

The two began to poke and annoy Leo as they walked down the hallway towards the mess hall for food.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon knew that he and Katie would eventually wear down Leo. Even he had his limits. They poked and annoyed him untill he shouted "ALRIGHT DAMNIT!" and Simon and Kate fell on the floor laughing, holding their sides.

"I ca- I can't breathe" Simon said as he laughed harder than he's ever done for years.

After a few minutes to recover, Simon was soon singing Irish drinking songs with the people in the mess, lifting a bottle of Coors above his head like a lighter at a Queen concert.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((Uhh... wasn't the whole celebration after Katie's test?))

Leo went to the mess hall, up to the servers. Whispering to one of them, he got grinned at and shoulder-slapped, the whole kit and kaboodle. It seems that no one was going to leave him alone, before or after the acquisition of alcohol for the next day's party. Word spread like fire; Leo was finally going to be hosting a real, actual party, complete with alcoholic beverages.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((This is Simon's celebration. Both Katie and Simon's actual party is after her test.))

After getting fairly wasted, Simon stumbled back to his quarters where the lights were all off. Strange... He thought and he saw a woman's silhouette against the artificial moonlight. Divinia. Simon opened his mouth to speak but she hushed him up and closed the door.

"Alright, Simon. Time for you to celebrate with me alone." She said and Simon could trace a grin on her lips.

Soon enough, Simon's world was an errotic heaven.

((dun dun dun))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
((>.O))

Katie went off to cram study some more, leaving Leo alone, thinking.

"Alcohol and Katie..."

Leo remembered the last party he attended. It ended with blood on his fists.

"Hmph. I'll have to play protector again."

Leo went off to his room, but instead of resting, he turned on the holodisplay and played videos. Combat tactics. Strategic positioning. Placement of fire. Battleship tactics. Not that he was even thinking about quitting the Marines and becoming a driver of a tin can.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The next morning, Simon felt like he never wanted to rise from bed ever again. He felt so relaxed he didn't want to ruin it. Beside him was Divinia and he stroked her hair a little. They both may have been a little drunk the previous night, but not drunk enough to forget what transpired. Heh, I got laid. Damn, that was the best... He thought, grinning inwardly. He rose up and got dressed in his civvies again.

He decided to get some breakfast and headed to the mess hall and got a regular meal of cereal and hash browns ((mmm....hash browns...*drools*)).

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Both Katie and Leo left their rooms, both of them with blood-sho eyes. Leo went to the showers and Katie left to go testing.

After his morning shower, Leo went to the mess hall where Simon was consuming breakfast at an alarming rate. Leo grabbed some hashbrowns, sausages, and scrambled eggs, seating himself across from Simon.

"You look... especially chipper today, Simon."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon looked up at Leo and grinned a little at the question. "Yea, I feel especially chipper today." He said then drank down the rest of the milk in the cereal. "And I've never felt this relaxed in my life. I'm on Cloud 9 today." He was in a relaxed position on his chair (kina like mine XDXD). He finished then headed to the Sim room to finally finish that Sim the way everyone wanted him to.

He loaded up into his Gear but and powered up but didn't turn on his radar or sensors or even Low Light. He walked in complete blackness with his Gear.

When he reached the ambush point he rolled his Gear to the side and started shooting. Then the night was lit up by the rapid shots and sounds of battle.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo was amused by Simon's attitude this morning. He spectated, just outside the Sim room.

"Damn. Whatever Divinia's giving him, she ought to hand out to the rest of the Marines," Leo thought, not realizing what it was that Divinia had really given Simon.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The sim ended and Simon was finally victorious. He used his instincts and not his equipment to take down the ambush party of Nagalisks. He whooped his victory and laughed heartily. "Man! I never thought I would actually win that! That was awsome!"

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo entered the now-lit room.

"You did pretty good. What'd Divnia give you? Because whatever it is, she ought to give to the rest of the Marines."

Watching Simon's face turn red, Leo questioned him.

"She didn't give you any meds, did she?"

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"Uhh...no, chief. She gave me the night of my life." He said in a low tone, so only Leo could hear. "I've never felt so relaxed and confident in my life." ((This is true, I've felt this euphoria before :D))

Simon smiled weakly and walked out of the Sim room and actually headed to the library of the ship to read on more battle tactics.