Nagalisk Calling

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Leo awaits in the ready room, in front of the assembled team. He's got his personal rifle, and a minigun and rocket-launcher on his shoulders. He has various high-explosive weapons equipped, and even more weapons hidden all over.*

Leo: This'll be our first fight with our new augmentations. We'll be really testing our suits, our AIs, and ourselves. I'm not going to hold you bunch by the hand; it won't help. But, we do need designated teams.

I will be leading Alpha, Simon can take Bravo. We'll be supported by Marines. Simon, you can have first pick, I'll take whoever else.

We'll be taking a modified Atmospheric Dropship down that Blackcloak's throat. Lock 'n load, laides and gents.

Katie: Seeing as you're no good at raising morale, I've got a bit of news for all of us. An article came up recently on the 'nets. Apparently, we're the military's "anonymous warrior-angels" here to save Humanity. Apparently, there are some religious cults cropping up, praising God's name and us, the "Angels of Death."

Leo: Huh... Heaven sent, Death delivered salvation.

Katie: yeah. How about that, for a new motto?

Leo: ... "Heaven sent, Death delivered"?

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon nodded, liking the slogan for DREAM MAKER.

Simon: It's good. I go by my own motto though; Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

Leo stared at Simon, intrigued that the young lieutennant had adopted the Warrior's code as his motto.

Simon started picking random marines to his squad. He seemed to jump out of depression pretty quickly when fighting was involved. Admiral Codop watched Simon with Sargent Lasik.

Codop: He has grown much in such a short time. Lasik, take care of my boy will you?

Simon closed his eyes for a bit then opened them and walked to Divina and smiled.

Simon: Dont worry, I'll take you on that date soon enough. Pray I dont make it back half dead this time.

Simon grinned and gave her a peck on the lips then put on his helmet and sealed it.

Simon: I'd rather be in a Gear right now...but I dont have a choice in the matter. Let's roll, Bravo!

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Leo assembled his team, taking Katie along.*

Leo: SImon, make sure you've got at least one of the Psychos with you.

Katie: hey, I resent that!

Leo: I resent your resentment. Now let's rock 'n roll.

*Alpha and Bravo team get into the Dropship. It is very cramped, stocked full of explosives.*

Simon: The hell?

leo: What, you thought the Nagalisk would just open the docking bays?

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon sat uncomfortably in the Dropship, and uplinked himself to the briefing files and he started to read them.

Simon: Out of no where...a cloaking device perhaps?

Tek: Sounds possible, sir.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo: Yeah, they got a cloaking device. Which is why our job is to capture the ship. First things first, ladies and gents. Simon, take Bravo and crack the ship's bays wide open. Alpha team, stck with me. We're gonna be taking out the ship's internal and external defenses using the AIs.

Marine: Goddamn, and fight off Nagalisks?

Katie: Damn straight, Marine!

Marine: Goddamn! You people are fscking insane!

*Just as the Marine finished his sentence, the rest of Alpha and Bravo had boarded the very cramped Dropship. Leo undocked and headed straight at the Nagalisk Blackcloak.*

Leo: Man the guns! Keep us alive, ladies and gents, 'cause if this thing takes too much damage, we'll be nothing but gas in a vacuum!

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon nodded

Simon B-01: Roger, let's make it hot, boys!

Simon's Mark X suit charged into the Blackcloak. He unleashed anti-gear missles that he got installed in his suit at the door, and the 5 inch thick door flew off it's hinges. He grinned at his invention.

Tek: Damn, Simon. You are one insane boy.

Simon: All part of the job, Tek.

The marines charged into the Blackcloak and opened fire on the Grunts inside
(After playing HALO and HALO2 for a couple years, I know the enemy names off by heart)

Simon shrugged off the weak pistol shots from the Grunts and blew them away with his shoulder mounted minigun. He grinned under his helmet.

Simon B-01: Area clear, sir. Bring on the party!

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*The Atmospheric Dropship continued head on into the Blackcloak. A minute before impact, the rest of Alpha and Bravo leapt out, landing on the side of the Blackcloak. A minute later, the Dropship impacted onto the side of the Blackcloak.*

Leo A-01: FIRE IN THE HOLE! MOVE THE HELL AWAY!

*Pressing a detonator attached to his suit's wrist, Leo sets off over ten tons worth of high-explosives. The explosion can only be described as a miniature nuclear warhead going off. Magnetically attached to the side of the Blackcloak, the boarding team is only pushed back from the explosion, instead of being tossed away into the void of space.*

Leo A-01: Go, go, go!

*Alpha team leaps down into the giagantic, gaping hole that has been blown into the hull. Leo sprays down the area with his minigun, mowing down at least a dozen Nagalisk "marines," while blowing heads apart with his rifle. The assorted DREAM MAKERs and Marines tear down the rest of the remaining Nagalisk.*

Leo A-01: Okay, Bravo team, assemble with Bravo Leader. Alpha team, let's go. The Nagalisk'll be after us soon enough.

Tex: Fscking 'ey! You are fscking insane!

Leo: Tex, link with the other AIs. I want maps, pathing, everything and anything. I want to know where the Nagalisk are and the best way to take them down.

Tex: Aye. I'm on it, bossman.

*Alpha team splits off, heading to through a passage to the left in hopes of locating the weapons command center.*

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon and his squad charged into the Nagalisk infested corridors, blasting away at everything that moved. He stared at the ceiling when he reached a gigantic computer room. The ceiling had sacs of some sort attatched. (Alien-much?).

Simon: Tek, take some pictures and relay them to Leo. He has to see this.\

Tek: I'm on it, chief.

Tek started to photograph the room and pinpoint it on the map then sent all of the info he gathered to Tex.

Tek: This is very interesting stuff, Tex. Wonder what's in the sacs?

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*A small box appeared on leo's HUD, indicating he had some sort of message awaiting him. Thinking about it, he inadvertantly activates the new message.*

Leo: *Thinking* Nifty.

*Leo see's Simon's various pictures.*

Leo: ... Simon, pop one of those sacs, see what's inside. And be careful. Team, advance!

Marine: Sir, there are some rooms ahead!

Leo: Roger that. Break in, you boys know how. Move!

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon got the order to break open a sac but got the feeling of forboding.

Reluctantly, he fired a plasma grenade onto it, and it blew up and a mass of white smoke came out. The marines screamed as they tried to outrun the smoke. These clouds could eat through their armor material and their flesh in a matter of seconds.

Simon bolted for his life and firing at the smoke was useless.

Simon B-01: Boss, we have a MAJOR problem on our hands! The sacs had some sort of acid smoke inside, my troops are getting eaten alive!

The marines all bolted for cover and were eventually lost down the maze-like halls of the Blackcloak.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo: Fsck. Hopefully that cloud disappates. Keep on heading to your objective. Is the charge ready?!

Marine: Sir, yes sir!

Leo: Fire in the hole!

*Activating a detonator, Leo sets off a C4 entry charge, blowing the Nagalisk door in. Rolling in a pair of flashbangs, the DRAM MAKERs bust into the room room, backed by marines. Leo begins to blow heads aart with his rifle, which is currently chambering .223 supersonic rounds.*

Marine: Sh!t, you can fire that sonuvab!tch at full-auto?!

Leo: Hells yeah.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As the Beta squad fled for their lives from the cloud, Simon set up metallic barriers to attempt to block them. He searched the archives on them, and saw a new entry which called them Nano Disassemblers, or Nano-D for short. They were capable of eating through any materials we currently use and are susceptable to fire.

Simon: Reeko, Hobbie, burn em to nothing.

Marines: Yes sir!

The flamers opened fire (literally) on the Nano-D's, and the cloud eventually disappated. Simon took this opportunity to check their losses. Most of the marines were fine, some had the odd chunk missing from their armor, others had full pieces of armor and bits of flesh disintegrated, and half of the squad was dead.

Simon B-01: Chief, we've lost half the squad but we figured out that the clouds - Nano-D - can be destroyed with fire. Heads up.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo A-01: Understood. We've taken minimal losses - three dead, a couple shot up. Continue on. We need to open those docking bays for reinforcements.

Tex: Heads up, people. I got a live video-audio feed from the brass. Uplinking.... now.

*A video box pops open on every DREAM MAKER's HUD, as well as the marines. They can see the command and control center of the Battleship Hyperion. Standing in front of the camera is Commander Geans.*

Geans: A'ight gentlemen. The Marines are primed and ready. Crack those doors open and we can drop in your first back-up team. And make it snappy. We're not holding out too well against their spacecraft. Leo, the first marine drop will be carrying some very powerful explosives. Use them if you can't capture the Nagalisk ship. Commander Geans out.

Leo A-01: Alright, you heard the man. let's move!

Tex: Hold up, bossman! I got you those maps. Xeno-biomonitors are in the works. Maps have been sent to everyone.

*A new map appears on the HUDs of all the soldiers. Alpha team is currently located forward, heading to the bridge. Bravo was slightly off-course, going down into the hold, but still in the correct direction. Leo motioned Alpha team forwards, to the bridge, where there was most likely a high concentration of the "hardcore" Nagalisk.*

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon heard the update from Commander Geans and smiled.

Simon: You can relax now, boys. The cavalry has arrived.

Simon and his group started their way through the endless halls on the Blackcloak. They eventually reached a whole nest of Nano-D sacs.

Simon: You know the drill. Burn it boys.

Everyone in the squad fired Incinerary Grenades at the sacs, burning everything in sight. The flamers finished off what was left.

Simon B-01: Cheif, They have a whole breeding ground in here. We've taken care of most of the Nano-D's. This hallway is noisy as hell though, so I think we are near the engine room. Plant charges, sir?

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Leo A-01: Roger that. Don't mess up the engies too bad. We want to capture this ship, not take it out.

*Leo's team has assembled outside the blast-shielded doors leading into the weapons control room. Leo stealthily plants five 3-kilgram packs of C4 on the door, one in the center and one on each corner. He motions the team back. Falling back a safe distance, Leo raises his hand, silently counting down from three.

Three seconds later, the door explodes in wards and Alpha team charges in, weapons raised.*

Marine: AAAARGGGGHH!

Leo A-01: What the hell?!

*Unleashing a torrent of gunfire in the marine's direction, Alpha team brings down what looks to be a cross-breeded Human and Nagalisk.*

Katie A-02: Oh my God...

*Several marines pop open the faceshield on thie helmets and vomit. One unlucky marine does not manage to hit the release and vomits inside a sealed helmet.*

Leo A-01: HEADS UP! MORE OF THEM!

*Leo pops off three rounds, turning a Hybrid's head into gooey, blue-red mush. Rolling to the right, Leo takes cover behind a computer console, whilst the rest of Alpha team do the same.*

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon's squad entered the engine room and began to set some charges of C-4. He wanted to cripple the ship, so he put charges on the main engines and not the minor ones. This ship will limp home.

Beta squad hid behind a 5 inch thick blast shield and then Simon pulled the trigger to blow up the charges. The engines explode and the noisy room's ruckass was reduced after the deafening explosion. Only the soft hum of the minor engines remained.

Simon B-01: Engines crippled. Awaiting next orders.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Leo heard Simon's voice, but couldn't respond, as he was putting down nagalisks and Hybrids.*

Leo A-01: Someone pop a flashbang!

Katie A-02: On it's way!

*Blowing a nice-sized hole in an Armored Nagalisk chest with her .50 cal close-combat rifle, Katie telekinetically threw a flashbang. Two seconds later it exploded, blinding everyone excluding the DREAM MAKERs.

Using this breif respite in battle, Leo re-loaded his gun and yelled orders to Simon.*

Leo A-01: Roger that. Head to the docking bays. We need those re-inforcements!

Simon B-01: Roger that. I hear gunfire. You okay?

Leo A-01: Just a walk in the park with some uglies.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon nodded

Simon B-01: Roger, chief. I'm legging it.

Simon motioned to his squad to get their greenhorn asses moving to the docking bays. When they reached it, the reinforcements instantly joined up with them. The injured were taken to the dropship where they'd be shipped off to the medical satellite nearby.

Simon B-01: Reinforcements have arrived, chief. Where's your Position?

Leo A-01: The Bridge. Make it fast, Simon!

Simon and the fresh soldiers ran to the coordinates on the map and rejoined the fray.

Simon: Son of a- What the hell did they do to those men!?

Leo: Hybridized them.

Simon: Shit.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Popping his head out from cover, Leo hoses down the area with gunfire. he only kills a few, but wounds many more. Ducking back behind the computer console, Leo narrowly dodges a glowing green blob of plasma as it flies over head and disappates on the floor.*

Leo A-01: Dammit. They've got the automated defense turrets up.

Tex: Curious... the ship's floor paneling is designed to absorb and/or disappate plasma fire...

Leo A-01: yeah, yeah, yeah. Hack their systems, now!

Tex: Right-o... er, you'll have to slot me into the computer. The Nagalisk don't have ship-wide wi-fi.

Leo A-01: Goddammit.

*Rolling to the side, Leo moves from cover-to-cover. He ends up next to a dead Marine, who happens to be holding a powerful, but short-ranged, combat shotgun. Picking that up, Leo leaps over the computer console he is behind, pumping the Nagalisk full of hot, white-phosphorous pellets.*

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Simon's minigun rattled with the continuous fire. The six rotating barrels of death cut Hybrids and Nagalisks to ribbons with the continuous pelting. He was tackled by a Hybrid and he could smell the fetid odour of desecration and he threw the armored freak over his shoulder then pumped a rocket into his gut.

Simon B-01: Leo, Make it quick damnit! Those turrets are relentless!

Leo A-01: I'm working on it, damnit! Keep your pants on!