Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Macromanagement

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I did SCV dance once! :D

I like micro then macro, I macro with zerg tho.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
Killing a bunch tanks with their own mines/splash(via zealot bomb) is B E A utiful. :D
Yeah, but nothing is sadder than a group of vultures killing the four zealots you dropped on the tanks without killing one. :(

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes Zerg micro their units.. all of them. When I can get a good game going, I usually end up with at least 3 groups of hydras and 6 groups of mutas. Microing mutas is more important than microing hydras, and really is necessary. With things like psistorm and irradiation waiting for you, if you fail to properly micro mutas, you're simply preparing to lose the game. With hydras, yes its important, but with mutas, they are more expensive and can be much more valuable, plus take longer to tech to but can die just as easily. Muta micro isn't just unit positioning and attack/move orders either, you need to know when to mutate. If you mutate too early, you'll either be lacking in ground or air attack, depending which way you went. If you mutate too late, you won't have enough mutas left to guard your cocoons. If you don't mutate at all, well, I hope you brought enough mutas :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry I missed your request initially DarkMatter.

Here's the website: http://www.sclegacy.com/features/

Unfortunately, none are for patch 1.12b. They're definitely worth downloading the old patches though.

Regarding Renzokuken's maelstrom zealot strategy, no offense, psi-storm is three or four times better hands down. Literally, maelstrom is absolutely, positively so much worse in every way that if you do well with that you should dominate with psi-storm :).

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Ever since you started talking about it, I've become more and more interested in it. Could you possibly hook me up with some links to the site(s) dedicated to such things? (Famous replays, tournament results, pimpest plays, etc) You know, all that hott stuff you know so much about :D T'would be much appreciated :)
I guess you 'missed' this request too AoP :-/

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maelstrom WITH storm is really incredible. However, that requires some incredible micro and isn't even an option until late game. :(

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
omg maelstrom with storm would make me cry :( no one has ever done that to me before, but considering the kind of results each ability has on its own, used together efficiently I'd probably just give up >.< The problem with maelstrom is it doesn't last long before the units are unfrozen, and the problem with psistorm is you can avoid and dodge it.. used together, each one would cancel out the flaws of the other one.. sounds pretty damn menacing to me :lucifer

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ArtOfProtoss said:
Yeah, but nothing is sadder than a group of vultures killing the four zealots you dropped on the tanks without killing one. :(
Must you always be a kiljoy?

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
-Azrael666- said:
I guess you 'missed' this request too AoP :-/
I can only be on so much Az :). Sorry if I insulted you, I would've replied if I'd have seen it.

Oh yeah, on the topic of maelstrom, I think it got in pimpest plays. Zerg was massing muta (for a bit too long) P got quick mael and storm. Zerg's muta were clumped and he mael'ed all of them in one shot. Archon's and quick storms devastated Z and P won. Great looking game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That's why I generally have a hard time making mutalisks, or any Zerg Unit en masse. I'm afraid of that damn conmbination attack to wipe out my whole force in a matter of seconds. I try and scout ahead with a queen, to drop a few broodlings on those pesky Yemplars. But even if I do, I still end up gettign fried sometime during the game. Renzokuken knows what I mean. :(

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You're supposed to muta harrass before they have storm, and when they get it you shouldn't stay in one place long enough for him to plant a storm. In ZVP never go queens. Too much wasted gas without enough payoff. You'll become a good bit better if you never go queens :)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I used all sorts of queen spellcasting on you DM :D I would have been killed a lot worse if I hadn't had my handy queens ^^ Then again, it wasn't ZvP, it was ZvT. I just like to have as much fun as possible while playing, I don't take Melee too seriously since I became a UMS addict. Infact, I tend to take UMS more seriously :p I have a lot of fun while I'm playing Melee too though, I just like to use special abilities and mess around a lot :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I do have a replay overhere somewhere that shows how I beat my brother's mass mutas with dark archons and high templars. It wasn't a very fast game, but it still broke him like there is no tomorrow.

I'll try to find it and post it here.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, let me give you guys a tip: Never use queens. Ever. In any matchup. Now I now that might sound crazy but they are a waste. One day you'll thank for me this tip :). If you don't believe me you can watch pro replays, or semi-pro replays. They never go queens (or maybe out of 1000 games 5 or so). While things certainly change across skill levels this principle stays the same: Don't build queens!

If you're messing around though by all means, they're quite fun. I just have a hard time messing around because I take SC so seriously.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Didn't you saw my game versus ReiGn? I destroyed his defilers with queens ;)

Oh, they're quite handy. Ensnare with devourers and mutas is bloody awesome.

--Edit--

Here's that replay I speaked off.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
Didn't you saw my game versus ReiGn? I destroyed his defilers with queens ;)

Oh, they're quite handy. Ensnare with devourers and mutas is bloody awesome.

--Edit--

Here's that replay I speaked off.
You don't go defilers ZVZ either. They're totally useless. Sorry if I sound mean but I promise you it's true! :umm

And I'll have you know I've watched every rep in the tournament thread. I love replays with a crazy passion. :)

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Only time when defiler comes handy is when they use plague on stacked mutas, but I doubt the game will even reach that point since any typical ZvZ games will finish in 10 minutes w/ muta//ling combo.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yup. *shakes head up and down*