Least used SC Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
As an off-shoot of my earlier thread about least used SC Unit, what do you guys think the least used SC spell is?

I'd have to say either Mind Control (DA), Hallucination (HT) or Ensnare (Queen), they are the three most under-used spells in my opinion. I hardly use them, and i hardly see others using them.

What do you guys reckon?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hallucination.l

I use blind on overlord/obs :D

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say hallucination. It is a decent spell but alot of people don't use it.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Oh man, I can't believe I lost my old replay.

There was a game Iknad and I played (melee, non-money), where he massed DAs, and MCed an entire army, which he used against the comps.

So ****ing hilarious.

He actually managed to kill one comp on LT with that strat.

Lockdown is a difficult one for me. It's just so goddamn hard to use it when most players that attack, mass mechs. You're just sitting there, looking at this huge wave of metal coming at you, and locking down 1-2 of 70 mechs just begins to seem pointless.

Static said:
I would say hallucination. It is a decent spell but alot of people don't use it.
You mean the bad toss players? That spell is perhaps one of the greatest spells. Yes, you're right, it's underused, but I'd have to say that's only because there's more newbs than there are pros.

It's the perfect spell not just for distracting enemy fire, but just for exploring later in the game if you don't want to sacrifice one of your units, or you know anything you send to scout will die.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dark Swarm. i hardly ever see anybody use that spell against me. and almost 70%+ of the time my opponent is zerg :(

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ReiGn said:
Dark Swarm. i hardly ever see anybody use that spell against me. and almost 70%+ of the time my opponent is zerg :(
again, dark swarm is very often used.. maybe people who played against you weren't good enough or too good so didn't need it ;) its the most useful skill of zerg, i must say. im not good enough to use it properly, so i try it only sometimes :p

-=edit=-
plus, defiller is high techtree unit. if you finish game early, it is hard to see defilers and so dark swarm

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
p- hallucination(even though it's good vs T, it's kinda underused), mind control.
t- EMP(crappy, what can I say?), optic flare(gimmick?)
z- broodling?

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
broodling has to be, because of the energy cost, along with how weak broodlings are.
These to factors make it very rarly used...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
shrimpshark said:
broodling has to be, because of the energy cost, along with how weak broodlings are.
I always use broodlings against terran/toss, always fun watching goons or tanks blow up in pooop.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
For more than I hate to say this, Mind Control :-/

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i would say seild regenerate nobody uses that spell ta least i think its a spell :|

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
PUMPKINHEAD said:
again, dark swarm is very often used.. maybe people who played against you weren't good enough or too good so didn't need it ;) its the most useful skill of zerg, i must say. im not good enough to use it properly, so i try it only sometimes :p

-=edit=-
plus, defiller is high techtree unit. if you finish game early, it is hard to see defilers and so dark swarm
Heck i always use defilers in every game i play :p

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its weird how many ppl say "i use <underused spell> a lot and find it very effective"

PEOPLE....they are underused for a reason...

On topic now:
P: hallucinations, mind control
T: Restoration, Optic flare
Z: All the Queen's spells

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u no i dont think a lot of ppl use medics at all unless they have a zerg ally.
or they using rines and firebats a lot for a while but i doubt that

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
dude, have you ever heard of a medic rush?? they are widely used.. *ahem*
anyway i think the most underused spell is ensnare, i have almost never seen it used when ppl are being serious.. i mean it would be good espacially against carrs.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Flare for terran, Phoenix just because you always beleive EMP useless, it is still used

I have used flare to blind wueens so they couldn't use their long range

Restoration is godly too purges parasite, kills plague

just underused :-/

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's not about what I believe, but about actual fact. The fact is, nobody uses EMP beyond newbie level. I played maybe 1 out of like 10 games where people get it, but it doesn't make a differernce. THERE'S A REASON why NOBODY GETS EMP.(several actually)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
shrimpshark said:

Borrdlings work wonders against Siege Tanks and other units you don;t want to get close and kill. I'm not sure if they work on Archons, I doubt it but I know they can take out those nasty spell casters from T or Z easily with Spawn Broodlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.