Heir of the Stone King

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric frowned and shook his head no. "No, I never have. My family was never allowed to leave their frozen prison. All I saw every day was snow and ice and sleet and hail." He said indignantly and then stared up at the moon. It really did look beautiful out here. He closed his eyes and let the cool wind wash over his skin.

Reaction score
"Well maybe now that all will change." She smiled again before stretching.'He looks like an angel...' She thought.Jael gave a joyous laugh,"We be here now. Why don't you gather th' others Aasiyah?" She nodded when the wagon came to a stop and hoped back aroudn towards the others notifying them of the end of their journey for now.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric watched Aasiyah go, then averted his gaze to the city around them. It was bustling with life, although many were ragged, unkempt and unwashed due to them living near a volcano. He hopped off the caravan car, and started to look around, his hand rested on the pommel of his sword.

Reaction score
She went exploring the town with Madame Zeldi and Tatianna."Looks like we start showing tomorrow." Zeldi smiled wrapping her newly bought shaw around her shoulders."Really?!" Aasiyah yelled excitedly."Quiet down girl. Yes ofcourse." Zeldi laughed."You need a new costume do you not Aasiyah?" Tatianna gave a wicked grin to Zeldi.Zeldi grinned back nodding and smirking."What ever you two are planning my answer is no." Aasiyah spoke glaring a little."Don't say no until you've tried." Tatianna smiled pulling her while Zeldi pushed into a hoded tent.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
He kept in the background of things, never forgetting that he had a contract to complete, and time really was of the essence. The bonus was well worth it. In the city, Talon disappeared into the crowd, moving through them like a fish through water, leaving behind a pouch of gold to pay the transit fee.

This was more of his element: a tightly packed crowd in a bustling city, where strange faces were more prevalent than the glint of gold. He wound his way through the city streets, down strange alleyways that were still oddly familiar to him. He noted deals and kept his eyes open for oppurtunities, though few presented themselves to him, mostly a stranger. That's what he always was... a stranger.

Finally, he arrived at a rundown home, flies flitting around outside. He drew his grey cloak closer around himself, an instinctive move to help keep himself disguised. Talon approached the building, the door looking sickly and rotted. He knocked on it thrice, mildly surprised that the door stood up to the light breeze, much less his knocks.

The door slowly creaked open, the smell of ash and filth assailing Talon's senses; he ignored it, and stepped through, one hand on the ancient goblet beneath the folds of his cloak and the other on one of the many blades he kept hidden on his person.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric wandered around the city for a time, regarding the pathetic populace of this run-down town. He looked at the various shops, selling overpriced goods so that the merchant could make a living. Suddenly, a woman bumped into Auric, she was tall, slender and not that bad on the eyes besides the fact that she was quite grubby like everyone else. "Watch it there, sailor." She said, but her eyes had a hint of shock in them. Auric instantly knew what was amiss and grabbed her wrist roughly in his hand. "You cannot cut what one doesn't have." He growled at her, her eyes widened as she stared into the icy blue pools that were his eyes. "H-how can you carry a sword and not have any money?" She asked and Auric's grip tightened on her wrist, making her yelp. "Because I've lived in exile my whole life, all because of the failing of an ancestor of mine. I don't need trash like you spoiling my day with your false kindness." He said and released her. She ran off in search of more rewarding prey--and less dangerous. Auric's temper cooled and he resumed his walk through the street.

Reaction score
"Come on out Aasiyah you look perfectly fine." Tatianna smiled satisfied with her work. Zeldi let a puff of smoke float from her pipe."What ar eyou waiting for we don't have all day girl?" Zeldi grumbled."I'm not comming out....this out fit is far too skimpy.I feel like I'm nude...." Aasiyah spoke from behind the curtain."Then wear a cloak for now. We need to get back to Jael to help him setup. I have a feeling we might not be here long. This place is pretty shabby." Zeldi turned puffing her pipe walking foreward. Aasiyah gave a sigh and put a cloak on following after Zeldi and Tatianna who was sporting off a pretty skimpy outfit hrself it didn't leave much to the imagination. It was bright red silk that hugged every private place barely. She wore sheer red sleeves and a pair of pants similar to that of a mistress. Aasiyah sighed."Even Tatianna is wearing more clothing than I am."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A crowd started to gather around the big, ragged traveler, in awe at the life he had within him whereas most of the run down populace had lost all hope. Auric was showing some children how to mend minor tears in their clothes (although it looked like his needed more attention than theirs) and suddenly, a man grabbed Auric violently and wrenched him from the awed children. "You got some guts roughing my woman up like that, punk." The man said. Auric sneered. "She was a cutpurse, they're scum." He retorted and the man fumed. He let out a sharp whistle and four other men came out of nowhere to rough up the big man. Three carried knives, and the other two carried hatchets. Auric calmed himself, and recalled his training. His expression turned blank, almost indifferent as he drew his slim sword from its scabbard. He reached down into the calm center within himself and then drew forth the power of the wind.

A miniature tornado whooshed around the sword's blade. Several people gasped as they witnessed what a Spellblade could accomplish but the five ruffians didn't back down. The training passed down by his father's father rushed through his mind. "Remember the primary edict, son. It means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance of death. It is the law a Spellblade lives by or he dies." The words coursed over and over in his mind.

Everything seemed to run in slow motion. He cut down the first man skillfully and swiftly, using the man's size against him. He ducked a blow from the second man, and then sent a kick to the man's groin and then flipped over a third man charging him. He plunged the gusty blade into the man's chest and then withdrew his sword and cleaved the shoulder off of the second man. He barely managed to deflect a blow from the fourth man, counterattacked and then lopped his head off. The remaining man was the cutpurse's husband. Auric's ice blue eyed gaze glared down at the man, who was cowering but still caught in a rage. Auric raised his bloody sword towards the man. "This is what happens to those who cross a Spellblade. Cross an Eladrin." He said. The last word cut like ice shards into the man's heart. He started to cower that he harassed a man with royal lineage. "I...I ap-pologize...Spellblade." He stammered and then ran off to his home. Auric sheathed his bloodied sword and sighed. "Back to his woman's skirts like a typical brute..." He muttered and looked at the crowd, shaking in fear, wonder and anger. He suddenly wondered if Aasiyah or Zeldi or Titainna were watching the fight.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
A whisper of fear and wonder ran through the crowd, like venom through the city's veins. But he didn't care for it at the moment. There were more pressing matters at hand: namely, that of the goblet and his pay. He stepped into the dark and musty building, taking in the smells. Rot and undergrowth. What had happened to the majesty of the kingdom? It was all going to ruins ever since the King had been slain by his traitorous Heir-Apparent, the Final Warrior.

But that had little meaning of effect on Talon at the moment. Hidden in the darkness, almost invisible, was a huddled and cloaked form, shivering in the damp. It beckoned to him, a mottled and ancient hand flashing into the light for a mere moment. Talon approached warily, a hand still on one blade. He neared the figure and spoke. "When did I first meet Jeremiah?" The huddled figure replied in a rasping, dry voice, "Nary but two days, four hours, eight minutes, and sixteen seconds ago."

Talon tensed up. "You and I both know that to be a lie," he fingered a shortblade sheathed on his upper arm, beneath his cloak, "but it was a good answer. My pay?"

The mottled, rotted hand appeared again, this time holding two brown bags, tossing down to Talon's feet. They clinked about, sagging on landing. Gold. Talon nodded beneath his hood, and drew the goblet out from underneat his cloak. Despite all the gloom, its jewels glinted, whispering of the blood shed over it in the past centuries. He passed the goblet over, delicately, and stooped to retrieve his pay.

At the same time, he rolled to the side and drew out a shortblade in his left hand, catching a dagger at the hilt. The huddled figure gurgled in fury, angry that it had failed to kill the mercenary in the first blow.

Talon, on the other hand, didn't bother with displays of anger. He pushed off his feet and hurtled forward, tackling down the would-be assassin, smashing into it's throat with his right arm and swining his left arm around its back. The two landed in a pile, struggling amidst their cloaks, but Talon had already won the battle. He extricated himself and danced backwards, a long dagger emerging from his left arm and a sword in his right, watching his foe carefully.

The assassin struggled for a bit longer before noticing the shortsword that had erupted from its chest. It stared for a moment, and then fell back, dead.

Talon approached again, wary that his combatant could still be alive. He kicked the pile of cloth, but only recieved a cloud of ash.

"Ash golem. Damnit." Talon looked about, to see what he could recover, to find any clues about his assailant. Nothing, except for the two pouches of gold and the goblet. He picked up the things and appraised them. The gold was authentic, as was the goblet.

"Why attempt to assassinate the one person you sent to retrieve your family's treasure?" Thoroughly puzzled now, Talon departed, heading back out into the daytime hustle-and-bustle of the city streets.

Reaction score
The three had been heading back from helping set up the tent for the show tonight when they saw Auric in trouble. They had stopped knowing as women there wasn't much they could do or were able to do in a crowd this large. That's when Aasiyah had heard it.."Eladrin....no...no they're all gone...Eladrin...forgive...forgive...." She fainted." Princ...I mean Aasiyah!" Tatianna cried out catching the girl. Zeldi turned her attentions to Aasiyah."Quickly Tati..get her to safety...we must make our presence scarce." Zeldi spoke darkly."Yes mi'lady." Tati spoke picking Aasiyah up on her back and darting through the crowd only sliding into Auric on minor slip of the foot. In a tumble Tatianna was at Auric's feet along with the fainted Aasiyah.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric noticed that Tatianna tumbled forward before him, with an unconscious Aasiyah. He looked down at them. "What happened?" He asked, his once cruel face now was changed to his usual, slightly smiling expression. He cocked an eyebrow at Aasiyah and picked her up from Tatianna's hands. "Are you okay, you both look like you've seen a ghost." He said, tilting his head to the side as he readjusted Aasiyah in his arms.

Reaction score
Tatianna stood making sure she regained her flirty nature." Aasiyah just had a heat stroke. I was on my way to take her to Jael....but we could ditch her and you and I could have some fun together." Tatianna gave a wink at him. Zeldi had gone back to the tent waiting for Tatianna's return with Aasiyah."...My skills could be better used than pretending to be a fortune teller....Tatianna's as well...but if this is the life you wish mi'lady then we shall help you live it....even if it means killing anyone who may hender you."Zeldi let a puff of smoke escape her lips.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric shrugged off Tatianna's advances and then led her back to the tent where Zeldi was waiting. He lay Aasiyah down on a cot. "She fainted it seems." He said and flashed a suspicious look back at Tatianna. He then shifted his icy gaze back at Zeldi. "When will she come to?"

Reaction score
"I assume sometime soon. For now she just needs to rest." Zeldi smiled at him. Aasiyah gave a small moan before sitting up holding her head."I had the strangest dream...that Mr. Auric was an Eladrin and that he...why are you looking at me like that Zeldi?"She asked curious when she noticed Auric."Oh hello Auric." She smiled at him kindly. Tatianna and Zeldi looked ghostly pale unsure of what to do.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric felt relief that she had woken up. His posture stiffened when she mentioned his surname. He forced a smile anyway down at her and relaxed his stance a little. "How do you feel?" He asked her kindly, wiping the sweat from his brow.

Reaction score
"I feel fine thank you for asking." She gave him another smile."Well if your alright then there will be no need for me. You better go get dressed Tatianna Jael said no more late shows out of you." Zeldi spoke pushing Tatianna fromt he tent."If you need anything just say so dear."Zeldi smile dback at Aasiyah before leaving."Are you insane you can't leave them alone!?"Tatianna whispered but Zeldi stopped her."I'm sure she will be fine...if she needs us we will not be far. We can not blow our cover or risk putting our lady and this carvan in great danger."

Aasiyah stood up yawning a little."Those two really wear me out.So how was your day Auric?"She spoke looking at him.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Auric merely shrugged. "Well, I ran into a cutpurse and then brushed her off, then her hubbie came by later and we had a bit of a...tussle. Eh, he ran off shitting himself." He grinned.

Reaction score
"You must be tired after all that. You should go enjoy the show." She laughed a little. She walked over to the bed where a small table was laced with jewelery she put all the gold bangles and jewels before taking her cloak off. She wore next to nothing as a fine white silk hugged her most private curves just barely she wore a translucent skirt that gave her the appearance of a an exotic mistress.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
He eyed her outfit, taking in the sheerness of it. He didn't make himself obvious but he did stare at her. "I guess so, but where am I to sleep?" He asked, still being new to the troupe. He wondered where everyone else went suddenly. He rested a hand on the pommel of his slim sword, the hilt was black and gray, but had no cross-guard to defend the hand from the blade. It was meant to deal quick, deadly blows not for brute force.

Reaction score
"The men usually sleep next door to this one....or in the caravan." She smiled."I better get going or Jale will be angry with me."