Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Xbox

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Playstaton 2

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
H

Halo2

Halo is better than all the games exept Halo 2. Why do you waste money on PS2 if you can have Halo and all the other great games with graphics that are much better? Vote on my pole. look in the guiness book of world records for 2003 on pg. 177 you'll see Xbox is the most powerful system in the world. So why buy a Playstation 2 and get games that are on the computer. ie...(Vice City)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
omg, me 5 months ago, how embarassing ><

but in a way i was right, halo 2 still looks amazing, but its kind of pissoff that we have to wait so long. halo 1 got boring....fast.....

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
All i can say is it must not be delayed any longer!...

i need to buy it so i can break it burn it blow it up throw it off a cliff etc

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hmm? Halo = trashbin for me, GTA = trashbin for me. Never liked them, never will. Then agian, I'm no fan of FPS or this poll. If I had to pick game/sys:

Zelda: Takt of the Wind/GameCube

or a multitude of other games (GC, N64, PS2, and GB(A)). But "great" for XBox...sorry, can't think of any.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only game X-Box has that's worth playing is Halo. There's no other game out there that's even worth the money it took to make. You know what really gonna suck though....Halo is comming to the PC, so buyah! Not that I'm even gonna play it then, but your prescious little game is no longer X-Box exclusive. X-box is worthless trash and is only good for three things...being big, heavy, and boring. Someone out there will someday write a virus to crash that harddrive that's in there too.

I have one word, two syllables for you...

ownage :D

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
lol

Everything that comes out on the XBox does seem to go the same way...they either multi-plat or they go PC. If you can name one that hasn't/won't, I might be mildly surprised and happy.

FYI and BTW: Emulators = Evilness. I don't accept those as true "ports" at all, so don't try to bring that up. I just have a feeling some idiot will bring those up...

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ah I see no one's attempted to flame me...probably cause they're trying to back up the X-Box, and we all know that's just not possible.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There are alot of X-Box games out there. Alot of the PS2 games are available for X-Box. But you have to realize, if it is on all 3 systems, it will always be better on X-Box. It is a proven fact.

Halo 2 will own all, coming out in a few months, I will definently get it, it will probobly sell more than any other console game except for the Zelda on 64. Hmmm....

Medal of Honor is an awesome game for X-Box. Bloodwake owns too. Ghost Recon is ok, Splinter Cell is an awesome game. Lots of other good games too

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are better on the GC (testimony from FAQ writers at GameFAQs who played all versions), so your point there has become somewhat mute.

Halo may seem nice to you, but it's puke bad to me. I guess it's genre doesn't help it much for me. I have played it, so you can't accuse me of "not knowing what I'm talking about" or anything.

Oh, and I think Takt of the Wind (GC Zelda) out-sold (or came very close to) Ocarina of Time. Master Quest was awesome, and it was actually #1 on the top selling games list until Takt of the Wind came out. I don't think Halo 2 will outstrip Zelda OoT either, but I do somewhat doubt it will outstrip a few other games as well.

In any case, isn't Halo coming to the PC and Halo 2 already scheduled for porting? So...what's the point now? You may as well stick with PC and get your kicks there for XBox. Now, XBox did look like a nice system to me at first (when it was first released), but started to look less so as more and more of its games started porting. I've seen far too many XBox games port to PC, GC, and PS2 to leave it as too great a system. Personally, I don't like any of their XLIVE (is that the name?) games right now. Why? They only have FPS and Sports online, and I don't like those genre.

Now...games that were ported from PS2 to XBox were better on the XBox, but they seemed to have even further options on the GC... Now, I really haven't played (or cared to play) any of the massive ports, many of them aren't that great. What I would like to play that is multi-plat are games like LotR: RotK (newest one). I'd also like to try an older game, Baldur's Gate. Vexx also looks somewhat good of a platform multi-plat.

Now, if you can name some XBox games that I like, I won't be too surprised. I think I have pretty blatently put out my point-of-view. If I haven't said so, XBox will be the third system I get...if I ever get to the point I can... But, I can never seem to recall the games I want that are XBox only...

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bart on the fact that GC (and all nintendo) games are kind of kiddy but they are not necessarily boring. I gotta say, I enjoyed Zelda, Mario, and Super Smash Bro.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Let me define kiddie for all you stupid fanboys out there:

Rating: Edu or C or...whatever that stupid Sesame Street/Barney rating is...

Nintendo does not, not, make kiddie games because they do not produce educational games. If you need blood and gore in your game, fine. But I want a good story line along with it if I'm going to like it. MK...oh how to put it...? STINKS!! Halo, same... GTA...same. They don't have what I would call a true story to them. What do Nintendo games have, you may be asking? Let's look at what is likely the most popular game on the market right now, Zelda. It's about a boy (or man) who is given a quest to save the world. If you want to look at it short-hand, he needs to find the ultimate sword to vanquish the evil forces plaguing the lands. But there is much more to it. I loved the game. It is stellar. I will say the same about Mario Sunshine and other games I have.

Don't mistake me for a fanboy; I am far from it. I like the PS with many games. I like the XBox for at least one game; I'm fairly sure. Also, did you notice that GC games have pretty much sparked the Cel-Shaded market we've gotten? There's even a multi-plat ("M") game coming out that is Cel-Shaded.

So, before you start using that very bad descriptive word, understand what it means and STOP BEING FANBOYISH (you know who I'm refering to if you are one). Kiddie means DIRECTED at children. Nintendo directs their games at the rating audience. "E" goes to everyone. "T" goes to teens. "M" goes to mature audience.

If you want me to name a GC game I hate, I will. Mortal Combat. There, I named one for you. I'd name more, but I am at a lack of time.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
MK has been bad on all platforms since they tried to make it a 3d fighter. MK should just stick with the 2d style from back in the day. Bart's right that Nintendo has been seen as having games geared toward younger audiences back in the days of N64. Now though, there are still a few games (Animal Crossing of example) that are kiddie, but still somewhat fun. Mario Sunshine, Legend of Zelda WW, Metriod Prime, and Star Fox Adventures are super fun. Plus let's not forget the Resident Evil is Gamecube exclusive now. RE4 will be Gamecube, and the last RE games the PS2 will see are the RE shooter that just came out and RE Online. The best multiplayer game is on the Gamcecube though....Super Smash Bros. Melee.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wish SSMB was given Online capabilities, sometimes. But, quite honestly, I don't care about online. If it's not free, I won't play it (and no, I have played Halo online, still hated it--but I don't like many FPS as it is). Also, GC has the most exclusive games, and I don't know any exclusive games that have been ported. Splinter Cell was advertised as XBox exclusive and look what happened. Its on the all systems now. That, of course, includes PC. I, personally, don't like Splinter Cell. The only recent FPS I like is Metroid Prime. It has a stellar storyline. And, let's face, it's fun as anything to use that Plasma Beam on the ice creatures... *extasy* (and I don't care about it's sp)

One thing you have to hate about Animal Crossing...it's boring but addictive as anything! I tried to stop playing, but I caught a Red Snapper and thought, "Hey! 3000 Bells richer." I'd rather play Takt of the Wind or Mario Sunshine. But SF: A was...disappointing. It was far too linear and short. I beat it in...5 days; I think.