H~ Beating mass Demos

Kingbot90

Reaction score
Ok, so I was doing a human vs orc 1v1. I got a palidan and pumped out some footmen and rifflemen. Creeped a bit till lvl 3. Then got priests and tried attacking. The enemy had grunts 2 headhunters and a lot of demos + a far seer & Tauren chieftain. I got pwned by it. Then I tried re-building with gryfons and he had taurens and an ArchMage. Still got pwned. How do I stop this problem? Is it something wrong with my strat? Or do I just uck badly?

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to mention an ArchMage in there

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It's not that you suck, its the fact that you let him do that and let him kill you. Demos are pretty crappy weapons themselves, you can easily stop them by direct attacking or rush him and prevent him from getting the resources to getting demos. Unit wise, you seem to be fine, but you need sorcs when you face Orcs.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Mass demos against a HUM seems to me that your opponent was worried about your casters (which of couse wtfpwn Orc).

id say u just have to scout more, if u see a no-rax tech (iffy if he goes FS first), dont always assume wind riders or batriders, he could be gruntapulting. if u see two raxes go up with a mill, i'd say you should pump foots while making gryphons. plus with invis and dhawks, batriders shouldnt be an issue either. also remember HUM towers = imba. (=P) so mass em and expos.

btw, how did he kill ure gryphons?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Demos could also be used to enter bases from a distance, it has more than just reduce casters to blood and guts :).