Gosu micro

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
YouTube - amazing micro

Awesome! I said it once, it gives realism if units die faster but after playing war3 for mb 5 years, BW is just uncontrolable. I made some BW games and I just can't micro the way war3 is microed, units just die and die. And it's so primitve in BW workers don't auto look for resources, you may have idle workers and you won't even notice. Controls are shit, you can't hotkey more than 1 structure, etc. Yet this guy found some nice ways to do it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
starcraft is all on the player. each keystroke those koreans do are years of hard work and dedication

its really a wonder(to me at least) how they make things work over there

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
You know, I started playing broodwar melee recently coz in war3 most of my opponents suck and in broodwar I'm like .. n/c. I barely select a unit, and it already explodes. WTF is this game, since it is soo old such thing as 'micro' didn't exist or was never meant to.

An ally places a mine in your base when they drop units with a shuttle and the mine kills both my workers and the single templar that comes.. wtf. This game is like - touch and all explodes... Nah I watched SC2 units don't die so fast. The fact that this guy on the clip can micro... BW is for more than 10 years so if someone played it eversince no wonder..

I'm playing this BW just to remember what SC was like, ther's no way I'll practice for SC2 on that primitive game where all dies so fast and units have so bad AI.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Back in the 90s I didn't play BW the way it had to be played, the way I do it now vs other players coz at that time all I played was LAN vs computers. Internet was not even common in the 90s, I didn't have it. I used to play protoss only coz my bro plays it. Since 10 years ago when I played war2, war3 I chose to be human, terran and I'm not gonna change it in SC2 or any other future game, no matter the balances.

I complain that in war3 ud always beats hu, it's the same here. We play 3v3 or 2v2 some guy masses carriers and he becomes unstoppable, imba. Ok I haven't played BW at all vs others and that's why this happens and units die fast but SC2 really will be more like war3 from that aspect, than BW.

Just 1 thing: what is the best counter to carriers with terran besides 1-2 vessels with EMP bomb?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I complain that in war3 ud always beats hu, it's the same here. We play 3v3 or 2v2 some guy masses carriers and he becomes unstoppable, imba. Ok I haven't played BW at all vs others and that's why this happens and units die fast but SC2 really will be more like war3 from that aspect, than BW.

Just 1 thing: what is the best counter to carriers with terran besides 1-2 vessels with EMP bomb?
get off the team play imo. even with a team game i dont think you guys should even let the game last that long that toss get carriers

goliaths, ghost with lock down, emp
some combinations above. or just mass gols.

majority of the air units arent used sadly

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Damn, exactly, ghosts with lockdown, that stops carriers. Thanks.

majority of the air units arent used sadly
Same in war3, if you let someone mass the most powerful unit like wyrms, you're not doing right. But they get those carriers fast.Proly straight tech to them. Generally if the guy with carries loses them, it's gonna be a big ouch. In war3 it's piece of cake to kill many of the most powerful units and that's a big loss for whoever uses them. I just haven't seen that kind of fast counter to carriers in SC.

nammage

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Lol at gosu micro =p Those koreans... man, its reasonable to be that good since starcraft is a sport in KOREA lol, i remember one time me and my friends were gonna scrim against a starcraft team against koreans... we lost so bad...