Gone Gold - W3: The Frozen Throne

Sgt.Slice

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Here it is stright from Blues News.

"While a frozen throne can be uncomfortable, a gold frozen throne could be downright dangerous. Nevertheless, Warcraft III The Frozen Throne Goes Gold -- Street Date Announced is the press release announcing that the WarCraft III add-on is complete and being prepared for retail. Word is the game, which they say has over 2.5 million initial orders, will be available worldwide as of July 1. Here's a bit: "Following in the tradition of previous Blizzard expansion sets, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne provides gamers with a vast new chapter in the epic Warcraft saga. In the single-player campaign, players revisit the war-torn world of Azeroth. Several months have passed since Archimonde and the Burning Legion were defeated at the battle of Mount Hyjal, yet a new threat has arisen throughout the land"

Well there you have it, its only a matter of time untill we will have it.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
No, im not a mac user. I just only could reach that website from my school. I wish i was a mac user though.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Im a bit worried about this...

Going gold means the play disk is finalised. That means no more patching. And from what i hear, its really unbalenced. I just hope Blizzards making the right decision releacing it in this state...

Rod

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its likely they will continue balancing after its release through patches. So I wouldn't be TOO worried about that.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
there still going to patch it in the beta , read this thread from blizzard to the beta testers:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=war3x-beta&T=255605&P=1&ReplyCount=26#post255605

It says:

The game has gone Gold. But that doesn't mean things are over!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Once the game goes gold though, there is still 6-8 weeks of time where the game gets translated and duplicated. During this time period we continue to beta test the game and fine tune the balance furthur have a 1.1 patch ready for upload the day the game actually goes on sale in stores.

RPardo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So continue on testing as if nothing has changed. We'll be making a patch with the balance changes that you guys help bring about.

There is no official ending time for the beta but usually it's right before the game goes live.

http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/genfaq.shtml

What does it mean when a game "Goes Gold"?
This means that a Gold Master has been released to the CD plant for replication. Within a few days silver proof CDs are sent from the plant to our QA group where we do a final check to ensure that no anomalies have been inadvertently introduced into the CD or the code. When the silvers are approved, then the replicater starts pressing the CDs that are then shipped to our operations plant for insertion into the final box. Once the completed package comes off of the production line, it is shipped to stores.