Games that made you a Gamer

_Ace

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good old Alex Kid game that came with my Sega Master System II. Those were the days lol

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Played video games as a kid but it wasn't until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that I was turned into a real gamer. Something about it made me crazy addicted and now I get that way about other games as well.

endirio

Reaction score
Definitely Starcraft. I was a casual gamer untill I played it and was never the same again. The time I spend on battle.net is ridiculous but I don't regret it one bit. I'm still not sold on SC2 and constantly come back to the gool ol BW.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
The first game I ever played was Pac Man on an Atari 2600. At that time, you really weren't given a real opportunity by parents or life to become a gamer. It was something that you did in the summer on the really hot days when you couldn't go out at all. After that, you played when you had time later in the day.

I think what really got me back into playing was Burnout Paradise. It was just a game that I found so much fun that I was willing to try a variety of more games to see what else was out there after so many years of not playing anything.

TheBiggestNerd

Member!
Reaction score
I bought a sega genesis from my cousins and the rest was history! I would play Mortal Kombat and Sonic all day. Switched to PC gaming when I discovered Quake 3; it was so fantastic and I loved having so much control over my character. Now I pretty much stick to PC gaming, but I have an Xbox 360 just in case.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't remember if I said it or not, but xbox 360 was the system that did it. Call of Duty MW2, but on the 360 for sure. World of Warcraft had its part too.

awesomedor

Reaction score
I'm not one of those old school gamers with the N64 but my gaming experience started with the PS1. I just played whatever I had such as Ape Escape and Spyro but then I took a huge interest in Pokemon when my dad bought me a Gameboy Advance with Pokemon Yellow. I was so sad and WTF when I think about it today when my brother (who was 5 at the time) traded Pokemon Yellow for a colouring book! He also traded the gameboy but managed to get it back after my dad explained to him about the situation.

Metool

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I never really got attached to video games until I played Pokemon Silver on my Gameboy. It was a whole different feeling to have a portable game with that much replay value. I would say that Pokemon is easily the number one reason I eventually got hooked on video games.

Scoobysteaks

Reaction score
Sonic + some old boxing games I had way back on dreamcast. Possibly the old Max Payne games on PC gave me a great influence. Such great games... all of them.

Nickman13

Reaction score
I played Super Mario Kart on the Gamecube which made me a gamer originally and then I got into the Call of Duty franchise which made me even more of a Gamer. All in all, good games have been making me a gamer. Call of Duty is mainly what I play now.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Nickman, do you ever attempt to finish the campaigns or is it all about the online play? I have a mission to try to complete (to the best of my ability) all of the SP campaigns from the first one to whenever they stop making them. Not so much going 1000/1000, but to try to play them through.

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
I just posted about this game, Everquest, in the addiction section.

I have to say, picking up this MMORPG when I was 10, while the average player was 25, really set me onto my nerd path of hardcoredom.

I really miss the early days!

BOBDOB

Reaction score
Final Fantasy VIII. Still to this day my best game. A lot of peoples "moment" came from Nintendo and to be truthful the first game I ever played was on the NES (Super Mario Bros). But the game that made me fall completely in love with games was no doubt FFVIII. All the other games were meaningless after I played this masterpiece. The only one that came close was FFX. I really am grateful to SquareSOFT for truly making me a gamer. And the rest is, as they say history...

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Well the first game I played was Mario Bros. 3 and that made me into a gamer, but I think the game I invested the most amount of my youth into was Age of Empires: Age of Kings.

iFreakGod

Reaction score
Nintendo 64 Mario Kart. I still play it with friends sometimes! It just never gets old!

makingloot

Reaction score
Started on the very 1st mario on the nintendo console that looked like a lunch box. Then onto the Sega Megadrive where i used to love the sonic series to bits. Then the Final Fansaty series on the playstation, and got into PC gaming via Half life 1 and Counterstrike.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I grew up poor so I didn't have a video game console as a kid. Then paying my own way through college I was STILL too broke to buy a console.

When I was an adult, I bought a Sega Dreamcast and Shenmue, and Dead or Alive 2. I got hooked and haven't stopped collecting games since.

Esperahol

Reaction score
Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis was my first experience with a console, but Mortal Kombat played on the arcade machine at the laundry mat is what got me into gaming.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Old school, back in the day Pac-Man is what started me off and made me a gamer.