Forum Skin

What kind of skin would you like to see?

• Total voters

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
With our forum skin fundraiser going extremely well, I've begun talks with a few graphics artists as far as finding out who will be available to do our work. While quotes and designs haven't been discussed in detail yet, I'd like to get an idea from you guys what you're looking for in the next skin that will shape our look to the rest of the online world for years to come.

Please post your thoughts and ideas for the forum skin, and what you'd like to see. Please keep in mind we will be somewhat limited in what we're able to get, however we may borrow some of your suggestions if they're within our price range. :)

I'll update the poll options if you guys have any additional suggestions for voting options. If that's the case, don't vote until I update the poll.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Great, I voted...:ufo Should had something like 'READ THREAD BEFORE VOTE'
I hate light colored skin. It's been proven true that more people surf BattleForums in the dark time than in the light time(Unless you live in Europe). And I think light colored skin require less money/work and turn out bad looking so that kind of sucks.
I request and demand that this skin be heavily graphical in the SC forum department.
Suggestions for skin color would be Blue, Black, and Dark Green. Don't want the skin to be totally evil black but also don't want to skin to have a big portion of Blue or Dark Green.

Also, if the skin hasn't been bought yet come middle of April and you need money, I can try and donate. Right now I got about $200 and I have to save for a special occasion. :ufo

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dark is too drab. And what do you mean light would cost less money...?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lwek said:
It's been proven true that more people surf BattleForums in the dark time than in the light time(Unless you live in Europe).
That makes no sense, since light falls earlier here than there :p

I prefer dark skins.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Dark with some spark on it maybe? It doesn't necessarily have to be grey, but at least something like SCGhost that wouldn't burn my eyes at 3am.

- Amantis

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a good light skin :p. I'd say a dark skin...as it's easy on the eyes.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i say a dark skin, wit subtle shades of color blending in and out

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not a dark,but not a light skin... somewhere in the middle.. like a dark blue or something...

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I voted for a light one, such as BattleF. In reality, it's not too dark but not too light either, as it's somewhere close to just right. I dislike SCGhost Skin, just because of the green in it.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've always been in favor of darker skins. It makes colors stand out, and makes text easy to read :).

Other things I would like to see happen:
- The GIL/RPG Hack gone(Or make the RPG stats/points not viewable on every post)
- A star system hack or post count to be shown/not shown in every forum(No forum differences)
- No more colorful/italics/glowing names. Its hard to tell who is in charge :( (Helps the new guys).
- Less banners
- Forcing skins
- Less clutering things... make the site look sleeker
- Move the sections so they are where they belong.(General Forums, Blizzard Games, CS - Other Gaming)
- Maybe enforcing the signature rules wouldn't be that bad of an idea
- Make a vote for us page so we don't have to display those tacky "Vote Diablo" ect links on the front page.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont really care about skins. i used to go with the forum Default, but now i use the skin with the white background.

it makes the lyrics in my Ville signature stand out more. plus it looks cooler to me.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
coRtALoS said:
Those can always be changed. Is that the only reason you want dark?
Yeah, if you get a light skin, then nobody will be able to read my posts.

But seriously, BattleForums has been dark for a long time, and I think it should stay that way.*

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
voted lighter skin, but i honestly do not care.