For Whom the Art Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Following up with Lina's attack, Ryu lets out Force Missle. The golem's leg shatters then and there, thanks to the damage it had just taken. Besides, Ryu ensured to first and foremost elementally enhance his blade. Cold and Fire damage has weakened several parts of it's body. Before continuing his clear domination of the first golem, he looks back to Lina, Naran`or, Vesquire, and the Legionaire. The thunderstorm is still going on, and still striking at the coming army.

Ryu: Good. Now on to you! Thanks, Lina!

By now, she's too far away to hear him. She is fighting with the others and the Militia. Ryu then begins casting a few lower level spells at the golem to finish it off. That ought to take care of you. That thunderstorm should last a bit longer. Now to the other golem! Ryu rushes toward the next golem casting Fire and Cold arrow as he approaches. He also prepares Magma and Ice Daggers to do severe damage.

Meanwhile​

The combination of attacks that Cloud, Aphra, and Tsukin`asu set off has definately taken it's toll on the approaching armies. Tsukin`asu is relying more on her many summons and Vorporeal Slash to rain death upon the enemies. Cloud is concentrating on fighting with the Legionaire.

Aphra: They still fight eachother as they fight us.
Tsukin`asu: It's a good sign.
Aphra: Yes. Mother Martha! Bring down bolts of your wrath! Both sides have defiled nature this day, and both threaten your ward! Call Lightning!

Much as Ryu's spell, this is the Clerical version from the goddess of life and creation. The lightning starts by attacking those weakest to magic and the elements of wind and forest.[/color]

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ooc: I will be entering again. I will be using Reyan's alter ego/form and he is known as my very first RPR character the Dark Blade or Dark Blade or called Dark for short.

*A Large ball of dark swirling energy appears 100 feet above the battle and it erupts with such a dark light that for 5 seconds none could be seen, and on the ground just below where the energy was stands a mysterious shaded figure*

*The armies just stood bewildered wondering whose side this strange figure was on, then an arrow shot out at the mysterious figure. He easily dodged it. He looked over at Ryu acknowledging his old friend*

Ryu: Can it be? Is it really him?

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As the wave of needles fly at her, she dodges them expertly, not allowing a single one to hit her, while attempting to strike William, but to no avail. The two continue in this fashon for nearly an hour, neither making any further progress*

May: This battle is futile.

*meanwhile the legionaires are fighting a heated battle with Giles, the two legionaires attacking just out of unison so as to catch Giles off guard, but also to no avail. Try as Giles might he can only inflict light wounds upon the legionaires, and when he does manage to hit one, the other strikes him.*

ooc: current status:
Boscha: approxamately 3 dozen undead remain along with a small group of the Elite Black Guard [5 militia]
Tartio: 1/2 dozen troops from Kortuganor including 1 Adamantine Golem, 2/3 dozen Small FG's from Rurikans [1 militia]
Kivicks: 4 dozen troops arrived 1 Adamantine Golems [5 militia]

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
OOC: Ohh.. How do you do that Tsukin'asu w/ the thing going the other way then? And I sorry, I thought we were aready fighting...I guess I was just tired...

*Cloud*Ok guys, get ready,here come some more. IF I were you, I'd charge some range attacks or spells, so we can get an edge on the attacking force.

*Cloud charges up a few more Lightning 3 as he charges the enemy. He then hoots one of them with his Lightning 3 and uses his Invincibility skill, which allows him temporary invulnerability.*

*Cloud*Try and hit me now tough guy...

*Cloud then attacks an undead speedily and finished him with a Drain Blade technique. He then backs off again, charging a few more Lightning 3 spells and Lightning Blasts,one of his special abilities.*

*Cloud*Ok, let's do this!

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
William: No my dearest, not futile, just no longer entertaining. I am afraid the fun ends now, truly sorry.

-=Shadow Dragon Style: Fukimi-Enzan=-

*With a sweep of his arms, twin waves of needles flash towards May who dodges at the last moment.*

Without using even half my dragonic power, I shall run you into the ground.

*He smile fades, replaced by a serious scowl. His eyes glow red and shadowy flames crawl along his body.*

Goodnight dearest...

-=Shadow Dragon Style: Twin Fukimi-Ho=-

*From both hands fly a torment of needles, hundreds, thousands of poisoned needle soar from his hands. May can avoid some, maybe even half of them, but not all of them. From the first minute prick, blackness begins to close over her vision. Less than a few seconds later the attack is over and May is down.*

Dear girl... did you ever stand a chance? Hmm.... GILES! Finish those two clowns and let's get this over with.

*There's a sickening splashing sound and the legionares fall in a pile of red.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later...*

*May awakens grogily, surprising to find herself alive. How did she know she was alive? Well, the fact that it felt like she'd been used as a punching bag by several pro boxers was a good hint.*

*She groans painfully* What in the.....

*She is laying in the center of a wasteland. Nothing remains of the town but a few small smoking ruins.*

No...... I've failed....

*Something glints in the ground next to her, a large crystal-like needle with a note attached.*

"Dearest May,
---Against the orders of my superiors, I have spared your life. Consider this needle, and your life, my present to you in return for your heavenly presence. Such radiance shall not fall from the earth by mine hand. Please do not continue this battle, I will not spare you if we meet on the fields of battle again.
--------------------With all my love,
-----------------------------------William"

*May stares at the note for a moment before crushing it in her hand. She drags herself to her feet and wearily spreads her wings. Or at least she tries to, it seems William's poison has not worn off entirely yet. She sighs heavily and begins to limp back to HQ, only picking up and stashing the large crystaline needle as an after thought.*

I may have been bested in battle this time, but I will never be defeated!!!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: Hello, Dark Blade.
Dark Blade: Just call me Dark.
Ryu: If you don't mind, I think I'll finish off this last golem first.
Dark Blade: Tell me, when did you learn to make a thunderstorm last so long?
Ryu: It's no big deal. It's just a spell I've been working on for a while. Now, if you'll excuse me...!

Ryu charges the final golem casting his Magma and Ice Dagger spells right at it's midsection. Due to the metal nature of its body, it's midsection shatters, and it dies.

Ryu: Now we can concentrate on the troops. That storm won't last for much longer.

Meanwhile​

Tsukin`asu continues her Vorporeal Slash assault. Aphra continues to pray and bring down spells to abaid the enemies. The golems soon become her primary targets. The Flesh Golems for being abominations, and the Adamantine Golem for being defilers (defiling the villages).[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As May is leaving Boscha, she remembers the legionaires*

May: Damn,... I need to find whats left.

*As she searches for their remains she mumbles something about "i couldn't resist the poison...". When she finally finds their remains she kneels down as a beam of white light shines down upon her. Two souls stand next to her staring off into the distance. For a few minutes she sits making divine gestures and praying. Soon the souls that were standing next to her seem to explode with a white light as their true bodies form where they had been standing. She rumages through the remains of their old bodies and finds her Axe and Scythe, both of which have been damaged severely. She concentrates for a moment and casts Make Whole upon them as they return to their former shape and brilliance. In May's left hand Splice sits cold and lifeless*

May: I have failed you, I have failed Boscha, I have failed my Squad. I failed him...

*A bright red light bursts forth from the cross-shped Gem that is hagning around her neck as a strong wind blows across the wasteland. A bright blue light fills the area, when it fades a spectre stands before May, but not one of evil creation, it has no definate form, but it was clearly an angel at one point.*

???: You have not failed, this is just a temporary set-back, draw upon the strength which lies before you.

May: Who? Wha?...

???: You know who I am, but say it not. In time you will learn to draw strength from me, as I have from you.

*with a flash of blue light the spectre disappears. May sits for a moment stunned, but then slowly gets up and casts Wind Walk to get her and the Legionaires to Kivicks*

ooc: current status:
Boscha: completely destoyed
Tartio: One Skeleton and One Brawler remain, [no militia]
Kivicks: 6 Monks remain [1 militia]

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Cloud, Aphra, Tsukin`asu, and Legionaire easily finish off the last skeleton and brawler. After they do, Aphra calls out to Ryu to be recalled with a portal. Ryu opens it, and Cloud's group quikcly sees the devestation caused by golems. They also see the few monks that remain. With their added support, the battle is over in just another minute. Just another minute later, May arrives.

Ryu: Didn't go as planned, did it?
May: No...
Ryu: I smell the blood of a dragon on you. A half-dragon, to be precise.
May: Yes...
Ryu: One of the two used his own blood to create a poison.
May: How much can you tell?!
Ryu: There were two that fought you. You managed to harm both, as determined by the blood I smell. I can also tell that you were lucky to escape with your life. *looks at her now* As the poison should be almost as powerful as the kind I've created for the spines on my equipment.
May: Well, we must move on. Boscha is...
Ryu: Destroyed. I'll tell the commander. Oh! This new guy is Dark Blade. He's an old ally of mine. I'll see you in a bit.

Ryu walks toward the commanders area to report what's happened.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: i'll be closing this and making a new thread after i post this

BOT:
*May looks around the battlefield, the destruction bringing tears to her eyes. Her Squad Gathers around her*

May (wiping the tears from her eyes): The time for sitting around and crying is over. The losses have been great, but nothing compared to what we will inflict upon these two warring countries. They will sign the treaty as laid out by The Crusaders of the Open Palm. If they refuse, they shall be destroyed.

*She turns and looks over the plains*

May: Prepare for battle, we're moving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.