Diablo 3=WoW

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into Diablo 3 into too much depth yet, but from a brief glancing it almost seems like it will be like WoW on a smaller scale. Anyone else feel this way?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Need to look more into it myself, but I feel Blizzard is making a push to have all their games more WoW like. I know that they are making another mmorpg to push even harder than WoW but I don't know if that will be an existing title or a new one.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
oh boy anther thread about rainbows. its like 2008

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
when the game footage was release people complained about how bright and colorful the game was(even complained about a rainbow). all im saying is topic is over discussed

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that's relevant to me saying it's like WoW. I was more talking about the global shop features and stuff like that (trading...etc).

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
For me, what will separate D3 from WoW will be the questing.

If I wind up having 15 random quests by the time I'm level 3, that aren't connected with the main story line in any way, then it will feel like WoW.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
It works the same way as Diablo 2. Quests will focus on story and a little more. Characters will have their own story on how they got to the first town. there still will be optional levels like in d2.

The only thing that may change is end game content where blizzard plans to periodically add new dlc/content
I don't see how that's relevant to me saying it's like WoW. I was more talking about the global shop features and stuff like that (trading...etc).
i was under the impression you meant graphically where people did compare it to wow

_Ace

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yup, the same company making two identical games makes a lot of sense. I mean, really, people who want a game like WoW wouldn't play WoW, right?

I seriously hope these forums go back to at least 20% of what they used to be when D3 is released...

BTW, good to see you, UE :D

Edit: Oh, my avatar.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, the same company making two identical games makes a lot of sense. I mean, really, people who want a game like WoW wouldn't play WoW, right?

I seriously hope these forums go back to at least 20% of what they used to be when D3 is released...

BTW, good to see you, UE :D

Edit: Oh, my avatar.
Ace, it's nice to see you visiting the forum. We know the site went downhill for a few years, but we are actively working to restore (and dare I say surpass) what the site once was. I am doing a lot of stuff in the background to prepare this site for Diablo III and to push it as the #1 community!!

_Ace

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ace, it's nice to see you visiting the forum. We know the site went downhill for a few years, but we are actively working to restore (and dare I say surpass) what the site once was. I am doing a lot of stuff in the background to prepare this site for Diablo III and to push it as the #1 community!!
Oh, man, I sure hope that. What will the policy be on exploits, hacks, bots, tools, etc., though?

Ultimate Empire

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Good to see you Ace....thank you for selling your soul to Battleforums.

I asked a similar question here:
http://www.battleforums.com/forums/void/145428-hacking-mods-policies.html

and got a positive response from arkueckelhan. Hopefully there will be a sub-forum dedicated to general d3 hacking (vs. the existing modding sub-board which is buried deep in the depths of BF).

Edit/PS: If you create a forum called "D3 Hacking", you will undoubtedly receive several e-mails from Blizzard's lawyers, as I'm sure the previous administrators did. To be fair, they may have merit in their C&D letters, since D3 will involve real-money transactions. We must tread carefully.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you found your way back to BF, UE. Count me in on the D3 hacking fun.

@Topic: You cannot expect D3 to be just like D2. It might resemble WoW because that is what modern RPGs feel like: D2 was very linear - introducing lots of side-quests in an RPG is an absolute must. As long as they do not butcher the general gameplay (hack'n slash) like Square Enix did to the Dungeon Siege series, we should be completely fine.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hacking and modding is a stupid direction to go.

your best bet, the most money and most poublic interest will be in competitive play.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
I haven't looked into Diablo 3 into too much depth yet, but from a brief glancing it almost seems like it will be like WoW on a smaller scale. Anyone else feel this way?
a bit premature eric, (first time you've heard that?) but of course it will have wow influences, its blizzards most successful game. bad business to ignore what is ragingly popular with your customers
Hacking and modding is a stupid direction to go.

your best bet, the most money and most poublic interest will be in competitive play.
why would things have changed since d2? hacking and modding brought almost all the 03ers who still post here.

also eric do we really need to get moderator tools happy already? renzos post was sarcastic, not trolling.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
a bit premature eric, (first time you've heard that?) but of course it will have wow influences, its blizzards most successful game. bad business to ignore what is ragingly popular with your customers

why would things have changed since d2? hacking and modding brought almost all the 03ers who still post here.

also eric do we really need to get moderator tools happy already? renzos post was sarcastic, not trolling.
It didnt bring me, or anyone in the Starcraft/Warcraft section. It didnt help keep people around when no one knew how to generate activity and kept pushing hacks. It is a spit in the face of all other gaming communities, and alienates everyone from recomending the site. IT also made sure that every time the forum tried to promote itself around the internet, they took a look at Hacking, and it instantly got you shunned. It will get the Ire of Blizzard. It also offers a way to get your ass banned, which I'm sure all the new memebers will appreciate. If Starcraft II has the practice of bans is much swifter, and much stronger now than it was in 03. There is EVERY indication that Blizzard WILL be monitoring everyhting that goes on in Diablo III, because technology has improved, and they have just spent the last 7 years running a persistent online MMORPG in which hacking made a minimal Impact. So no, Hacking/modding is ****ing stupid ESPECIALLY when it is in the ****ter now.