Diablo 3 release date

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: Diablo 3 official release date is May 15, 2012

This thread will be updated as more information comes out

With the increased frequency of press releases by Blizzard on Diablo 3 as well as the Beta release to family members of game developers, we seem to be approaching the long anticipated release of Diablo III. However, blizzard has led gamers on for years about the eventual release of the game so such press releases should not be taken as an immediate release of the game.

While there has been no real information on the Diablo 3 release date, actions signal a Quarter 4 (or Winter of) 2012 or sooner. For the latest press releases to have been put out without a release within just over a year, would be a poor move by Blizzard and wear fans out... Blizzard wouldn't do this.

Update 12/16/2011:
Quote from Blizzard:
While you bring up a number of points of speculation, I just want to cut right to it and state that the reason we don’t have a release date yet is because the game isn’t yet where we want it to be in terms of our quality standards. We aren’t holding it back on account of any one piece of the game, or for any other outside factors.
>the Latest information looks to show a Q3 2012 release date.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Here's how you figure out blizzards time table:
Soon = 3-4 years.

For each quarter, add another 2, so q4 becomes q2.

For a specific date, take that date and multiply it by the number of days between now and then.

If you don't get a 'soon', or a definite date for some thigns (like a Bnet dnd, paid name changes, basic chat moderation, clan functionality, everything we had in Bnet that we don't in bnet 2.0) IT basically won't happen.

now you know.

markmatt

Reaction score
I like this game very much..please update some more information regarding this game.

RogueTadhg

Reaction score
Im saving up my vacation time. Any information if it's going to be before the end of this calendar year?

L

lamarwisneski

I'm waiting for Diablo 3 but their is not fixed date. when it is going to release. i think all we are about this same question when this day would come. everyone is just too excited so now I will check this thread if any new information is there as I'm eagerly waiting for Diablo 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
update added

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
figures ill be on deployment when it releases

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if Target is clueless or the first retailer to mess up and post the info, but Targets website has the Limited edition version as being released February 7, 2012. I have also heard there will be a limited early release about 3 weeks ahead of the public release (don't know if this rumor is true or if that marketing tactic would pan out well for Blizzard).

Last edited by a moderator: