COMPETITION! Prizes to be won donated by GameYeeeah.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDog

Reaction score
Which Video Game Most Enriched Your Summer Vacation and Why?

Give your reasons as detailed as possible for a chance to win a prize!

At back-to-school time, many young gamers will be starting school again. That means they won’t have as much gaming time as they had during the summer vacation that just ended. So, looking back on the whole summer’s gaming, we invite you to take part in our new contest launched in partnership with GameYeeeah.com.

What's this contest all about? Well, we're asking you one simple question: Which Video Game Most Enriched Your Summer Vacation and Why?

This contest ends on 29th September, 2009.

The top ten entries will win one of the prizes donated by GameYeeeah.com

Let us take a look at what the prizes are:

1st Prize: (1 member)
1118090008 PS3 Wireless Controller

2nd Prize: (2 members)    
1118090007 PS3/PS2/PS1 Wireless Controller
1118090009 PS3 Dual Shock Controller

3rd Prize (3 members)
1118020020 High Speed Multi-Card Reader for PS3   
1118030011 PS3 Dual Charging Dock
1113010019 Wii Remote Controller Steering Racing Race Wheel and Stand

4th Prize: (4 members)
1113020023 Wii RGB Scart Cable
1113020011 S-Video AV Cable for Nintendo Wii
1106030013 Beetles Charger For PSP/DSL/iPod/iPhone
1118150001 PS3 Charger Stand 3-in-1(white)

So post away ... Which Video Game Most Enriched Your Summer Vacation and Why?

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Probably Diablo 2, not to be cliche.

All summer I've played it for the pure joy of playing out the story.

Blizzard really did market the game right as it has some of the best features. I mostly feel like it is a book and I play the character through the chapters. Since I was seven I've played Diablo 2, introduced by my mother's friend's boyfriend, who used to babysit me and my sister. I fondly recall playing through blood moor or the blood foothills, mostly with a necromancer. That was some good gaming.

Really, though, it seems to be the only game I play now. I do want to learn what games others are playing (Iso beetles charger rofl).

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
For me, the only game I really spent playing was World of Warcraft. Not the piece of shit given the name of "Wrath of the Lich King", which completely killed the PvP community, but The Burning Crusade version. A few of my friends showed me the server and I rediscovered what I had long lost, which was the enjoyment of a video game. I only ever really enjoyed Arena when I originally played World of Warcraft back in 2.4, and the private server is completely centered around that. I suppose I always found that the only real skill aspect of the game was involved in PvP, that raiding didn't really take skill and was only difficult because it involved getting 25 retards to press the right buttons at the right time. Since finding the server I was able to make up for my previously poor play in arena and was able to compete with some once e-famous PvPers at a high skill level. Not only that, but without the imbalances given by vast gear differences due to certain people having access to PvE items and certain people not.

So in a sense I guess you could say it enriched my summer, but it'd be more true to say that it wasted a vast portion of it.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I didn't exactly have a summer vacation (since the design school I go to still runs as normal during this time), but during this time, it really has been stressful to the point of no sleep, being pounded by caffeine and frequently stabbing myself (unintentionally) with pins and scissors.

But thank god I brought my Fallout 3 game with me. Even though I've already finished the game once before, the replay value is absolutely priceless. Just like in real life, you get to choose your own path, be it "I'm so good I'm almost like Jesus", or "I'm the psycho who appears in your dreams every night", or "I don't care, it makes no difference to me". Playing an evil character this time round has been therapeutic - doing nasty things that you don't get to do in real life (unless you want to get arrested!) sort of offers you a virtual punch bag, while at the same time assessing how far you can get away with doing some things.

Blowing up a town isn't something you get to see or do everyday you know!

- Amantis

agent7t4

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
MY number one game at the moment is Starcraft+expansion its a perfectively balanced RTS that does not require graphics to be awesome. most of the time you get graphic fags that pay it out for its lack of graphics, even thing graphics make a game more emersive Starcraft uses clear cut images and a stable resolution to make the best of the RTS games.
P.s: Cant Wait For Starcraft Two

agent7t4

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Probably Diablo 2, not to be cliche.

All summer I've played it for the pure joy of playing out the story.

Blizzard really did market the game right as it has some of the best features. I mostly feel like it is a book and I play the character through the chapters. Since I was seven I've played Diablo 2, introduced by my mother's friend's boyfriend, who used to babysit me and my sister. I fondly recall playing through blood moor or the blood foothills, mostly with a necromancer. That was some good gaming.

Really, though, it seems to be the only game I play now. I do want to learn what games others are playing (Iso beetles charger rofl).
i have plaed though Diablo one and two many times on all difficulties you are right in saying it is one of the best games around. blizzard have a nack at making games that rise to the top or crash and burn (starcraft ghost).

t_onny

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I played DOTA (warcraft 3 frozen throne expansion map) during my summer vacation.
I think this is the best game and very addictive one.

kopijuon

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
all this summer i play warcraft 3 frozen throne playing dota is realy goo^_^

2TE_Cat

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
DotA,

Great strategy game kept me enertained the whole summer

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the summer i played Dota with my friends. I guess this game helped me a bit to know my buddies better. I mean if he doesn't want to help you online, why would you trust him in real life . j/k But creating different strategies with different heroes so you can win was so much fun.

TrOiK

Premium Member
Reaction score
The game the enriched my summer this year would have to be Zelda Ocarina of Time. I mean this may seem like one of those, oh wow first time playing ocarina of time noobie! nahhh I beat this game back in the day hundreds of time as I was little, but this time, 7 years later I tried to take in as much as I could from the game I mean I was taking everything into consideration: Time frame in witch the game was produced, Quality, Entertainment, and of course weather not I could still masturbate to zeldas cute little ocarina of time ass once again. Hell yes it was the anniversary of the first time I came all over the tv screen was last month 7 years ago. I will never forget (Zelda) ocarina of time.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
The game that enriched my summer would have to be Warcraft 3 TFT. After being inactive for almost 1.5 years, I realized that with more real life stuff that I have to do, melee is the one that even a busy person can afford. Having played for years, it's a great fun even for few hours a day, playing vs very good players. Nothing beats competitive gaming, it is not just playing bnet - I decided to get back to ladder and tournaments this summer maybe for the last time in War3. I got better with years and now even if I'm not a pro, it's great to play vs pro gamers from the rank of Grubby, Check and Remind.

Status
Not open for further replies.