Sunshadow

Reaction score
by the way - I'm back...
(. .)
C

Sunshadow

Reaction score
J'kar said:
((Fine...just DO that then...make me be mean to poor Ryushi...see if I care. But if Sunshadow gets mad at me and starts up a lynch mob, I'm pointing them in YOUR direction.))

Erm... what's a lynch mob? :confused:

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((First of all...STOP DOUBLE POSTING! It is very much against forum rules...any more and I'll have to report your posts.

Second of all, a lynch mob is a bunch of angry people who set out to hang or brutally murder someone...what the KKK does to African Americans is technically lynching.))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
J'kar said:
((First of all...STOP DOUBLE POSTING! It is very much against forum rules...any more and I'll have to report your posts.

Second of all, a lynch mob is a bunch of angry people who set out to hang or brutally murder someone...what the KKK does to African Americans is technically lynching.))

Okay... Sorry, and Thanks

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
((Fine...just DO that then...make me be mean to poor Ryushi...see if I care. But if Sunshadow gets mad at me and starts up a lynch mob, I'm pointing them in YOUR direction.))
*headpalm*
Greatest of timing I have, don't I?

Sunshadow

Reaction score
J'kar said:
((I'm going by game standards. Goblins are about 5 feet tall in CoN, so that's how tall they are here, to our maybe 5.75 to 6. They are rather vicious, so being kicked in the head isn't very fun. I do see your point about the minor damage all around though...say we're at 3/4 instead. Still...think about it. Lvl one characters don't have many HP. So...perhaps my estimate was a little severe, and when I said that I have less severe wounds and should leave them untreated while giving you the opportunity to treat yours, I was setting it up for a situation where I was in the poorest health among us. Oh, well...I guess it was slightly innaccurate and a little unfair...adjusted it has been. For now, let us regenerate our health, Ian recover his mana, and let us prepare for another battle...that's five goblins out of maybe thirty total.))

erm... aren't the wood-elves small (5 ft-5.5ft) and the erudites tall (6 ft+)

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((anywho, back to the actual RP))

Ian came up behind one of the battling goblins and cracked it on the head with his staff. It fell forward, then got up, cursing in Goblin. Turning, it saw Ian. It charged, and Ian mumbled his ice spell. The shard of ice flew into the goblin's shield, spearing through it. The goblin yelped and attempted to shake off the shield, but the ice had speared through his arm, holding the shield there. While the goblin was distracted, Ian had time to get in another head shot with his staff. The goblin fell to the ground, dazed. Ian cast his spell again, impaling the goblin in the back, killing it.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Umm...I do believe that the elves of any size in CoN are about mansized, and erudites are the same.))

Jakkar drew an arrow and sent it flying at a goblin who was coming up behind Ian to club him. Jakkar's aim wasn't perfect, but he found he was getting a bit better, and the arrow thudded into the goblin's upper-right chest, just below the shoulder joint, and spun the goblin around, exposing its back to the next arrow, which hit, luckily enough, directly in the goblin's spinal cord, snapping it and sending the goblin to the ground in a heap.

((What I just did is called a Critical Hit. Even at low level, Criticals are able to be done, they are just pretty rare. Let's say that you have a 1% chance of critical, so don't overuse them, but from now on, they are available for use. If a particularly lucky hit occurs, acknowledge it as a critical hit by typing the hit text in yellow. I mostly just did this one to introduce them. There won't be another for a little while, now. Luckily though, we may level up soon, which means getting stronger. Yay!))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
Seconds later, a blinding flash lights up the area, revealing a humanoid shape, Ryushi appears, sword in hand, holding a glowing amulet, he then replaces the amulet on his neck and beheads a passing goblin; about to attack, he then walks over to j'kar and hands him a grey coloured scroll.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Um, you don't hand me the scroll, it disipates when you use it. To clarify, that was a Gate Scroll. Each person has one to start with. When you use it, it brings you back to the hub of any particular place. In this case, it was with us. I gave him permission via PMs to use one, since he's more active now.))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
heh heh oops... I guess I got a bit carried away there...

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Another note, Sunshadow, please put any out of character text in double parentheses. It makes it easier to read the thread.))

"Good. Only one left." Ian took careful aim at the final goblin, who was at the moment battling the remaining elven defender. He muttered his spell again, and sent an icebolt flying at the goblin. He missed, and grazed the leg of the elf, causing him to drop to one knee. Seeing it's chance, the goblin raised his sword with a cry of triumph. Practically shouting the spell, Ian cast again, hoping to at least stop the goblin from killing the elf he had wounded. The shard of ice flew from Ian's hands and hit the goblin in the back of the head, killing it instantly. Ian let out a sigh of relief, and hoped he hadn't hurt the defender too badly.

((I figured I'd try out the crit deal. Anywho, get to the postage, people! Can't let this thread die. I'll never get the chance to play the real game.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((heh heh...it's $20 nowadays...shouldn't be hard to get ahold of...

hey, guess what? I think it's about time to level up for the first time. I guess the next round of posts should be each character discovering a renewed vigor and a slightly enhanced clarity. The ice shards should be slightly more accurate and powerful, my arrows should be more accurate, and general weapons proficiency should increase. Oh, and to the Shadowknights...you do have a spell! Disease Bolt rocks! It shoots a phantom skull covered in yellow smoke at the enemy, and it causes a most uncomfortable outbreak of boils and sores at the point of impact. Right now it can only shoot in a straight line, but at much higher levels it has a tracking mode similar to a heat-seeking missile. Okay, say we're all up to level 2 now. By about level 10 there should be some powerful basic spells and a few new ones too, which we'll get to when that time comes. For now, we just sharpen the ones we have, m'kay? Ok, for now you guys just post describing the "level up" feeling your characters experience. Wounds should pretty much heal, and mana recharges, too.))

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
Darkenn's head mysteriously fals off and he dies.

I'm leaving.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Strange way to exit a thread. Hey, you'd better get R'kaia back here. We're losing members fast. As to my problem with getting the game, I'll never buy a PS2. The only Sony game product I'd buy is the PSP.))

Ian took a deep breath. He felt stronger, more sure of their ability to finish the quest. "We should be moving on. There's no telling how many more there are."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((If I bring back R'kaia, it'll be as an NPC controlled by me. My friend who was going to be her...isn't on BF anymore.

Not ready to continue quest yet..will edit to continue when can.))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
DragonOfChaos said:
((Another note, Sunshadow, please put any out of character text in double parentheses. It makes it easier to read the thread.))

((Sorry... like this... Right?))

Redcoat

Reaction score
whoa... dé ja vu

Firstly, sorry about the intrusion but this is ringing some seriously loud bells here. Back 2 or 3 years ago when I came onto this forum there was some C.O.N rp goin' on here too.
Secondly, yes, I used to be on these forums.
Thirdly, try Return To Arms, that's a much better game as you can level waaay over 50.
Finally, is this rp still open for joining?

Redcoat

Reaction score
OH. MY. GOD.

this is the actual thread that I posted on... it's all comin' back to me... my old account was SunShadow... dear lord... this site doesn't even clear up old posts... never mind delete inactive members. God!