Champions of Norrath RPG

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian mumbled his spell once again, this time taking careful aim. The shard of ice exploded from his hands, flying towards the goblins. The goblin standing over Jakkar gasped and fell over, a shard of ice sticking out of it's back. "Yes! One down!" Ian cried. Then, one of the goblins broke off from the group and charged him. Ian managed to step out of the way, but the goblin still caught him with the edge of its shield. Ian went sprawling onto the wooden floor. The goblin advanced on him, holding its sword at the ready.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Jakkar gets up and does a flying tackle at the goblin from behind. He impacts the goblin at full speed and they both fall to the ground. Jakkar takes the opportunity to reach around with his sword and slit the goblin's throat. Ok...that was easy. He gets up and turns to assess the situation. That makes three down, two more. This should be not too hard, as one of them is bleeding profusely from Dhren's stab.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Looks like you made your own cross-thread mistake, J'kar. Ian, not Dhren.))

Getting up, Ian slowly backed away, watching as the goblin he had hit slowly got up. "Wonderful, missed the vitals..." he muttered to himself. He took careful aim again, hoping to finally down it. He mumbled the spell another time. The shard of ice flew slightly off the mark, hitting the goblin in the shoulder. It flew backwards, flipping over. Hopefully, it'll stay down this time.

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
A goblin charged Darkenn, and he made a feint to the left, jumped to the right, and did a spin slash, cutting through the goblin's armor and leaving a large cut, and the goblin yelled in surprise and pain, and whirled on Darkenn just as he stabbed. Darkenn missed, his sword a couple inches to the left, but he swung his sword, cutting a couple inches into the goblin's neck, and kicked the goblin to complete the beheading.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Oh, crap. I did. DAMMIT! It's so confusing...bleh.

Anyway, we can recover a little before we go fight more goblins. Right now, our health would be at about half if you go by vidgame standards. I'm probably the least wounded, so I'll save my health potion. You guys can use the other two.))

Jakkar tosses one health potion to Ian, and one to Darkenn. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. He turns and tosses one of the mana potions to Ian as well, seeing as those spells require energy that regenerates rather slowly.

((Also...after that battle I'll say we're at about 30% along the way to lvl 2. Another couple battles like that and we'll go up.))

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
Right now, our health would be at about half if you go by vidgame standards.
Half? I have a pair of cuts on my chest; though such things may be painful and bleed some, they're not really too bad of wounds. All that's happened to Ian is getting knocked to the ground. In all, I'd say you'd have taken about the same as me, because you got kicked in the head(and from the described reaction, would atleas give a decent headache), which brings me to another thing...

goblins kicked him in the head, knocking him dizzy and sending him sprawling.
The standard size for goblins in the Fantasy genre of movies/books/games is from that of a 3 year old to a 14 year old. However, if it kicked you in the head, then either they're bigger in this Rp, or we're really small. Which?

"I have neither doubt of how 'fine' you are, nor of my condition.", Elsire says in response to Jakkar, wiping his sword quick and putting the potion on his belt.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I'm going by game standards. Goblins are about 5 feet tall in CoN, so that's how tall they are here, to our maybe 5.75 to 6. They are rather vicious, so being kicked in the head isn't very fun. I do see your point about the minor damage all around though...say we're at 3/4 instead. Still...think about it. Lvl one characters don't have many HP. So...perhaps my estimate was a little severe, and when I said that I have less severe wounds and should leave them untreated while giving you the opportunity to treat yours, I was setting it up for a situation where I was in the poorest health among us. Oh, well...I guess it was slightly innaccurate and a little unfair...adjusted it has been. For now, let us regenerate our health, Ian recover his mana, and let us prepare for another battle...that's five goblins out of maybe thirty total.))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
Okay, I'll join as a shadowknight... how's Ryushi for a name...?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((That sounds good. An AVP fan are we? We'll start you in identical to Unkown Being's character, and I'll even put you at our 30% XP so we don't have to get all technical over when we lvl up. If we stay together on the xp guage, it'll be less confusing. Let's say you already took out a couple goblins when we meet you on another platform. Okey doke, this'll be fun!))

Walking towards the sound of battle, the three adventurers come across another shadowknight engaged in battle with a goblin. As they watch, the drow ducks a vicious slash from the goblin and thrusts his blade into the goblin's side. The goblin stops and coughs, blood dribbling out of his mouth, then slumps to join the other goblin at the feet of the dark elf newcomer. Jakkar walks forward and sheaths his blade, helping the shadowknight up from his knelt-down stance. "Very nicely done. We could use your skills among our number. Would you care to join us in ridding this land of these foul creatures?"

Sunshadow

Reaction score
I don't mean to ruin it but... Where's Ryushi?

Sunshadow

Reaction score
forget that last message

Sunshadow

Reaction score
Don't we pick up weapons or something?

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
For some reason, J'kar is extremely forgetfull and this Rp is currently dead.
Atleast, tha't show I understand it.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I am NOT forgetful. This RPG has been dead because I have been waiting for Ryushi (Sunshadow) to tell us his response. I can't RP it for him...

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
I am NOT forgetful. This RPG has been dead because I have been waiting for Ryushi (Sunshadow) to tell us his response. I can't RP it for him...
Ya, I wasn't serious about ya. =\
Well, you may not be able to RP him, but you could RP the world around him to nullify the necesity of an answer at the moment, like him being seriously injured and going to a medical area. lo

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Yeah, I could do that, but I don't like making things happen that seriously hinder a character's options without just storyline cause. I don't think it's right.))

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
You're seriously hindering our options by grinding the Rp to a halt, as far as I can see. :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Fine...just DO that then...make me be mean to poor Ryushi...see if I care. But if Sunshadow gets mad at me and starts up a lynch mob, I'm pointing them in YOUR direction.))

Just as Ryushi was about to make his reply, a flaming ball of rags from a goblin catapult on the ground crashed into the platform they were all standing on. The edge of the platform was shattered, but Jakkar, Ian, and Elsire were far enough back to avoid falling. Unfortunately, R'kaia and Ryushi plummeted towards the trees below. Jakkar and the others looked over the edge anxiously and saw to their relief that the pair had landed in the branches of some trees far below and appeared uninjured. They should be fine, but the rest of the team wouldn't be able to reunite with them until the Goblins were gotten rid of and they could use the elevator to get down to Lesser Faydark...

With resolve, Jakkar turned to Ian and Elsire. "I guess we must proceed with our mission. We will meet with them on the forest floor." He started towards the sounds of battle, skirting the shattered area of the platform. They came upon another troop of 4 Goblins fighting with a couple of Wood Elf defenders. The defenders managed to dispatch a Goblin, and the team of heroes plunged into the fray.

((Okay, problem solved. By the time we get through all the other Goblins and get down to Lesser Faydark, Sunshadow should be back. I had to get rid of R'kaia for the time being because I don't think the BF member R'kaia is really on anymore. She mostly joined at my request, and she's busy with other stuff, so...we may not see much of her. I didn't want to kill her character lest she return, so...two birds, one stone, ya know?

Oh, and btw, this battle will probably result in a level up for each of us, so when that comes, I'll tell the procedure.))

Sunshadow

Reaction score
(Sorry? was I meant to post?)