Carriers = Instant Win!

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There's no point in offering suggestions since you like theorycrafting(on this PARTICULAR topic), anyway. And no, pure temps won't beat pure carrier. There was no reason to edit my post. Just because it contained something YOU didn't like. I guess that's you 're problem. It was the truth whether you liked it or not. I'm not holding back on anything. Sak, more often than not, doesn't know what he's talking about.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Then go post it in The Asylum, or tell him on Private Messaging. There's no need to go off topic.

And what the hell is theorycraft? Apolagies for my poor english.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Theorycraft is when someone says something like " Lockdown beats everything mechanical, but in an in-game situation, it doesn't. " While it may be true in THEORY(hence the term), it's totally incorrect. Another example would be when someone says EMP > toss. While it wipe out shields ON PAPER, the spell itself just sucks.(AND I don't wanna go into why it does for the 10828464674678th time) Rarely(if at all), I encounter Ts who bother with either and I go carrs in say most of my pvts.

If you'd like, we can play(you terran and me toss), and you'll be the first T to use it(EMP and lockdown) against me. Say tomorrow morning, 11am-12pm.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I would, but, in case you haven't noticed around, I have not been able to play the game in some time. So, yes, most of what I say is theorycraft, probably. Why? Because I play the game for fun, with people I know, and those strats work, Why, because we suck? Possibly. Does it even matter? Alas, something that may sound theorycraft for you, may be used by someone else. It depends on the ways of gaming of each and every one of the players.

Now, we are getting way off topic. Let's stop it, now, or I'll have to close this for off topicness.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Temps alone suck vs carrs(temps are just too weak and slow) and scouts are only good vs unsupported ones.(goon or sair support will nulify that).
#1) I didn't say alone, I said and
#2) Temps storm will either kill interceptors while the carrier tries to move or kill the carrier.
#3) Mass scouts will rape carriers unsupported or not.

-- EDIT --
Pheonix, please stop posting your uneducated stupidity, and don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, when I know for a fact I would beat you one on one 10 times out of 10. And I'm willing to take you up on that. 2 people know your wrong, and theorycrafting is a term made by tillerman which means watching replays of other people and using their strategies. FFS man, rubbish.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So sak, is that a challenge?

You would beat me 10 times out of 10? Prove it. Tomorrow morning around say 11am-12pm. good? I'm gonna enjoy kicking your ass. I would've done it the other day, too, but I had to leave suddenly.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Phoenix has a bad additude....

I used EMP agains renzo once, it would have been effective had I had another EMP to get his templar. I win... anyways. Carriers, about three are one HELL of a support unit, confuses me to hell :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You all under-estimate Phoenix's playing ability, and he is right about theorycraft. I for one am sick to death of Terraners saying that they'd poon me with EMP.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i really wanna face some ppl here..but evertime i see ppl on, they refuse to play 1v1. Phoenix, what is ur username on b.net, which gateway do you play, and which time zone r u in?

Sakuhta said:
#1) I didn't say alone, I said and
#2) Temps storm will either kill interceptors while the carrier tries to move or kill the carrier.
#3) Mass scouts will rape carriers unsupported or not.

-- EDIT --
Pheonix, please stop posting your uneducated stupidity, and don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, when I know for a fact I would beat you one on one 10 times out of 10. And I'm willing to take you up on that. 2 people know your wrong, and theorycrafting is a term made by tillerman which means watching replays of other people and using their strategies. FFS man, rubbish.
add another person on phoenix's side, you don't know what you're talking about. I may not know a lot about PvP, but i know for sure that temps suck against carriers, and that scouts would lose to supported carriers. Furthermore, this is coming from an above average player (c2-c1 on wgtour, and can maintain a 50/50 record on nG-i).

On topic, carriers do not give you an instant win...i think a lotta people has said that already.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My bnet handle is stealthassissin on east. Eastern time. Only available to play on fridays and saturday mornings, though. The info is in that Bnet name topic(1st page, I think).

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who masses scouts anyways? And storm is so easy to dodge. if the interceptors are destroyed by storm you can just make more.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
phoenix, i'll add u to my friends list on east cause i don't think i'll be able to see u on often. Add me, username: totallnewbie

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Tiger_shark said:
I may not know a lot about PvP, but i know for sure that temps suck against carriers, and that scouts would lose to supported carriers. Furthermore, this is coming from an above average player (c2-c1 on wgtour, and can maintain a 50/50 record on nG-i).

On topic, carriers do not give you an instant win...i think a lotta people has said that already.
I pride myself in knowing alot about the Protoss, and their weaknesses and counters and i find that in PvP, it is just a massing game, and that doesn't include air units. Corsairs may be the only air unit you get (Besides Observers and Shuttles) and you'd get that for distruption-web.

And it's not wise to invest in HT's or DA's either.

I find in PvP, the only spellcasters that should back you up are Arbiters (For both recall and stasis) and/or Corsairs. Their spells either slow down or stop a certain number of units attacking, which can even halve their army if done right, so then your huge army can easily poon theirs.

That's how i see PvP anyway.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Not if you have Science Vessels/Wraiths/Battlecruisers/some Ghosts. You can lockdown annoying arbiters. Quickly EMP Shockwave Carriers then Yamato Cannon their HP. It may not destroy them, but it will weaken them for easy BC shots.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
No point in EMPing. I'd waste my mana on matrixing my BCs. Besides, the cloaked Wraiths will rip through the Carriers, with BC support.