Blood Bath Stratagies!

seansean

Reaction score
Ok, What i would like is everyone to post a bloodbath stratagy.Please do not post newb stratagies only good ones please. Ok il start, While being zerg send drones to mine then send ol to left or right then 5 pool almost gaurenteed win if you micro good.

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
an expert in bloodbath can be assumed to do these things for each race with the expert as the bold race one: (also assuming he's scouted and knows his enemy's race)

ZvT - Six pool rush most of the time in order to gain time (aka stall terran player from making tanks) and make lots more units to take out, usually, that one bunker or group of infantry. The mid-game is the weakest for the average Zerg player as tanks with some token support of infantry keep ling/hydras away. A way to get around this is to go mass Queen. Lots of queens destroy the Terran mid-game advantage with broodling even if that Terran player keeps pumping tanks, they'll just get chewed at the same rate. I find there can never be enuff Queen handy when playing a Terran.

ZvP - If the other Toss player isnt a total idiot, he'll have gotten a cannon and/or shield battery in early game. If not, destroy with 6-pool. I usually go with mass hydra or cracklings (keep a watch for reavers), or lurkers. Corsairs suck! Also, if the other toss player has cannon-ed his front bridge, drop around the side (probably the best strat as you must almost always upgrade speed on ovy) or opt for guards/dark swarm (ultralisks are too resource intensive)

ZvZ - You can bet the other guy will go ling-rush so the xpert will either counter with a faster ling rush or make a sunken and another hatchery. Most ZvZ games end in whoever can make more units faster.

yah... maybe if u want more help, i could offer it...

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
Master_America said:
I still say hatchery rush. In a 1v1, it's very effective against Terran. I posted it in the other Bloodbath Strategies thread.
i know if i ever saw that in my base in the wee hours of the game, id pull all my workers off and stamp it out immediately. the perhaps... 10 seconds?... to kill the hatchery or for the zerg opponent to cancel wouldn't affect me that much as I would have a barracks/depot being built while i was attacking with my other scvs

Also by the time you accumulate 300 minerals, i would also have "300" minerals (just have started using them earlier when i hit 150 and 100 in my mineral count). So when the hatchery is just started being built, i should already have my barracks preferably quarter to half-way completed with a depot coming along in the back of my base somewhere.

Now, I should have about 1 marine by the time that hatchery finished (realize i havent tried this) so while that one marine is attacking ur hatchery, u still need to sneak more drones in and wait for creep to build up while all the while being chased by an ever-increasing number of pesky marines. you also need to hoard minerals for a spawning pool as well which will set you back even further.

by the time you start laying down creep colonies (assuming nothing else has gone wrong which is unlikely), ur strategy will immediately be revealed and unless you send lings to back up ur fledgling base (you'll be wasting minerals building creep colonies so you wouldnt really have a lot of lings handy), it will be crushed by a panicky terran opponent (full scv charge)

the hatchery rush is a flawed strategy that will never work but only against mediocre players with about a 25% win ratio to loss (eg. 100 wins, 75 losses)

a good "theorycraft" strategy though! :) i hope i got all my stuff right...