BF going beyond Blizzard games?

Should BattleForums have forums for other games?

• Total voters

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Should BattleForums go beyond a Blizzard Entertainment Forum and have forums for other games? Maybe have a Grand Theft Auto Forum? I don't know. What do you think?

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
i voted yes, but a good and carefully planned out game, that would be like voted upon and people agree it would succeed... cs forums on the other hand

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i voted yes,because if a game is good,why not have a forum for it?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Carefully selected games like x42 said.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
After I thought about it for a while, there are so much other gaming forums competing that BattleForums, us, are getting ignored or left out. We created CounterStrike Forums when it was already out. What we should do is create forums for upcoming games rather than games that other gaming forums already have members for.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Lwek said:
After I thought about it for a while, there are so much other gaming forums competing that BattleForums, us, are getting ignored or left out. We created CounterStrike Forums when it was already out. What we should do is create forums for upcoming games rather than games that other gaming forums already have members for.
RIght! But it has to be carefully selected, as all said. But gta is a very popular game. The whole forum should be about all three gtas if one is made of gta.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I voted for more forums.

Although We are Blizzard exclusive, we should open the doors to different games. Skuzzy would spin in his grave if he were to see that, but I think we could try and do better than what happened to the CS forums.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
A carefully selected game, yes, unlike Counterstrike.*
You won't find another FPS that's multiplayer is as large as CS. It was the only choice at the time. Oh and there are already very large forums for the Battlefield and Grand Theft Auto series of games.

The only game I would think that could be chosen is Quake 4. It's coming out soon and will have a good number of players. It will also be very popular for online leagues and tournaments, and for lans.

Anyway, these are just FPS's. I don't know what you would choose for the other game genres that would work.(We already have the best RTS's and RPG/MMORPG's)

Quake 4
- Popular
- Not yet released
- Going to have a large multiplayer base and a strong singleplayer.
- Awsome multiplayer(Going to be very much along the lines of the earlier games in the quake series)
- Awsome graphics(Doom III engine)
- The LAN game
- Will have online leagues and tournaments(without a doubt in my mind)
- Come on it's Quake..

Previews:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/quake-iv/641379p1.html - Multiplayer
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/quake-iv/641311p1.html - Singleplayer

Screenshots:
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/016/016856/img_2722502.html

If we were to choose a new game you know my pick.

_JaKE

Reaction score
it has to be a good and p[opular game though that will attract people

Zmoney

Reaction score
BF 2 Forum.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I belive it was c0rt that once said "We are battleforums not Blizzardforums" and he makes a good point. We should extend our bondries to increase active members... But once again game selection is the tough part... maybe we could put them on a trial basis... like say in 3 months if they dont generate users/traffic delete them or if the traffic is low do what we did to counter strike

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
some game that can be discussed like gta. just make a gta section when the next one comes out.

or one like metal gear solid or mmorpg games other than wow. i think mmorpg would be a big hit. go to ign or fileplanet and see which games are popular

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
(d2)baaldead said:
i think that bf could go to other games but they would have to be good popular games like HALO 2 : ).
We already have a halo section. Zero need for a Halo 2.

_JaKE

Reaction score
we have a gaming forum that includes pc, ps,ps2, gamecube, and xbox, maybe we should add psp, nds, ps3, and the new xbox?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Jakester said:
we have a gaming forum that includes pc, ps,ps2, gamecube, and xbox, maybe we should add psp, nds, ps3, and the new xbox?
They're not even out yet..