Been forever since i last came here

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
...but I do want some opinions on some of the photos i have done lately after having a *HMFnonlegalHMF* version of PS7 (CS4 SUCKS!)

MAYBE ill come back more often

(HI older members!)

I DID follow FLashFlore's fire lines tutorial a little while back but im not FULLY impressed with it. Im going to redo it and upload later.

The 2nd picture is of the my girlfriend, 1st one I did yesterday, the 3rd was after a recent Call of Duty fetish and the 4th is a .gif I made for a website we had to do in a college class.

Attachments

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Trendy shit like that went out of style two years ago.

Just sayin.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So if I may ask, what IS in style?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yes, Art Master Mike - What is in style?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as it looks good to you.. that's all that matters.

Because really, do you really need opinions from other people who may never even get a chance to see your work unless you post them in BF like this thread?
(jus my 2 cents)

Btw, nice work with the eye and the girl, looks interesting ;)

MacMan

Reaction score
The first one is ok. Are you still in high school? Because your girlfriend looks 15.

And PS7? What the fuck?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The eye and the girl was nothing but messing with layers and blend modes, with the bubble-like thing SOME brushes but mainly using selections and filters. I don't use brushes all that much.

the dark one was just experimenting with some brush i got. I ended up looking like a cave to me and I wanted to do something with a gasmask and thats what I ended up with. I think the text is corny though but it felt incomplete. it needed SOMETHING.

My gf and I are 19.

And the last was pretty much the first thing I've ever done, with it being a class that lightly taught photoshop. Its compressed too much for some reason,w hich is why it jumps.

Plus, I dunno. I've always like to hear what people say about my stuff and I know on BF i'm SURE to get criticism, honest or not.

CS4 sucks. PS7 or CS3 is the only thing I can use

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I chose a grey photo of Anders Friden of In Flames but it was a fairly small photo and for some reason when I stroked the path I went on ahead and applied the blending options BEFORE I erased the lines that were hidden behind the figure so my final result looks a bit choppy.

I loved it when you first posted it. I'm mainly just following tutorials right now and trying random stuff out and trying to get used to things so I can do things by myself.

At my college we have CS4 now and what bugs me is that you can't have 2 different projects up at once in small windows- like is CS3 and below you can have a picture in its own file and drag that picture on top of another picture in a separate file window and the 1st image is brought over as a new layer. You have stupid tabs now in CS4. I dont like it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The third picture (call of duty thing) looks so dark. Maybe it's just this shitty computer at this college i'm staying at in France but i honestly can't see a thing.

The fourth, it's a cool idea but i can see squares when the gif animates. Could be this shitty computer though.

Anyways, hello to you too!

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The animation works fine in Photoshop and on the actual website it was made for.
web_webpage2+
it was a class project (everyone was to design a personal webpage all their own)

We used a the community-college hosted server and we used Dreamweaver to work the HTML for us and I think we used some Imageready, but mainly Photoshop CS3. You can read in the tab where I didn't name all my files correctly :p

Everything you see was made from scratch in photoshop using various brushes. That was my first attempt at making something. Im still impressed with it now but I know I can do so much better. This was done almost 18 months ago.

I spent most of my time doing the visual stuff. I can't get back into the place where I can update everything so its kinda stuck like it is. I got a 100 on it.

fairplay312

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I loved it when you first posted it. I'm mainly just following tutorials right now and trying random stuff out and trying to get used to things so I can do things by myself.