Bad news from Sony

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
PHP:
What the **** are you talking about?
?

I didn't say Sony was going the way of the Dreamcast, I said the PS3 will. It will be ahead of it's time, sell well, but ultimatily fail due to bad gaming support and no good exclusives as a worldwide whole.
False. It has alot of exclusives that people want. People go as far as saying they'll buy a PS3 for MGS4 or FFXIII or DMC4 or White Knight and such. Don't know where you got the "PS3 don't have good exclusives" thing.

People are already falling in line waiting to just preorder the damn thing. Too bad none of them know that there are only 8 per store :rollie

Who's saying they arn't? WHy do you keep brining Nintendo into this? Nintendo has said they arn't going to get into the Console war and that they're just going to make new products with new ideas.
Well Sega was the same as Nintendo. They have nothing to fall back to once their hardware fails. Microsoft and Sony still has their other divisions.

Good thing no ones going to put their Wiistations outside. Please tell me you really arnt this stupid.
The fawk? I was posting some news on the remote? Did you see me bash it like "time to move down to the basement wiitards"? :|

Trust me, you arn't. Not even close.
K, whatever you say :grunt

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
Zelda > PS3

gamecube or Wii it doesnt ****ing matter, Zelda is one of the greatest franchises ever created.
Wow that is sooooo true, Zelda is the shit, but after they made windwalker or waindwaker (i dunno name) they really our my down wit shitty graphics

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Research Findings Put PS3 Way Ahead By John Gaudiosi
Print | Send to a friend | Email the editor

New research has shown massive consumer belief in the PlayStation 3, and waning interest in Xbox 360. According to the study by Los Angeles based Interpret, 8.9 million U.S consumers ‘are prepared’ to pay full price ($500 or $600) for the PlayStation 3 this fall, compared to 5.7 million consumers who are willing to buy Wii at $250 and just 800,000 people who are willing to pay full price for Xbox 360 ($300 to $400).

This research, released first to Next Generation, was derived from a sample of 2,000 interviews Interpret conducted online, weighted to 2004 Census data of 13 to 54 year-olds in the U.S. Researchers ran a parallel random digit dial telephone study as a back-up to weigh the data to what the US population looks like to ensure that the online data was not over-representing females, which often occurs with online surveys.

The numbers skew high in general (it will be 2008 before PS3 has an installed base of over 12 million in the US) but what’s interesting is the ratios, and the clear brand presence owned by Sony. Xbox 360 has enjoyed tremendous success in the past year, unopposed by competitors, but the real test will come when it is up against PS3, and is attempting to break into mainstream demographics. If these numbers are true, it has a tough time ahead.

Interpret CEO Michael Dowling said “Actual sales will be dictated by supply constraints, but if Sony had enough supply in the marketplace to fulfill demand, Microsoft would have a very difficult time at its current price point. What Microsoft is hoping for is the early lead helping to drive stronger installed base for them. It’s certainly helped them over the short term.â€

Hardcore and Mainstream
Dowling believes Wii will be the spoiler. He said the current generation battle offered consumers a choice of three consoles, but next generation has narrowed that choice to two high-end machines (PS3 and Xbox 360) and one low-priced mass market machine (Wii).

“Nintendo’s marketed Wii as a pick-up-and-play type of device and it seems to be resonating with consumers,†said Dowling. “It wasn’t just older hardcore gamer or younger player, Wii had a pretty wide distribution across age and gender.â€

Dowling said that the next generation battle is shaping up much differently than the current generation race. He said that if you look at the U.S. market share in terms of PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube, Microsoft has a 2 to 3 percentage-point lead over Nintendo.

“We’re seeing the opposite here with demand for the Wii,†said Dowling, who acknowledged that part of this demand is the lower price point of the console. “People are saying they want to wait and see what PS3 is going to be before they buy an Xbox 360 or Wii.â€

Despite the fact that Xbox 360 has been on store shelves for almost a year, Dowling said Microsoft’s console is still attracting very hardcore gamers.

The research also found that despite all of the bells and whistles of PS3 and Xbox 360 with next generation DVD capabilities, online gaming and downloadable content, the key driver for consumers purchasing a new console was the games, especially exclusive games.

The media study is called, “Interpreting the New Media Landscape.†Dowling said the research shows that the new media revolution is real and only getting bigger. The 100-page report shows how television, movie and video game content can double, triple, even quadruple its reach through the embrace of new platforms and business models.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3978&Itemid=2

I know this poll is kinda iffy, this just shows that people shouldn't underestimate the PlayStation brand. Sorry, but the PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I know this poll is kinda iffy, this just shows that people shouldn't underestimate the PlayStation brand. Sorry, but the PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon
:D I'll agree to that.

The poll is extremely iffy. What type of neighbor hood is being polled? Is it weighted to a specific age group? Is it weight to a specific gender? It seems that all the other polls slightly disagree with that one, reversing the Wii and PS3 only based on age and gender issues. More females and "older" (read: 16 and up) people want the Wii where more young people (read: 12-17) want the PS3. There's also the concern that the poll is only relevant in richer communities where affording multiple consoles isn't an issue, and they'd rather have the HD BluRay capabilities of the PS3 and wait on the gaming of the Wii.

The PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, if pre-orders are any indication. There are zero remaining from GameStop/EBGames' 8/16 stock, and they're expecting the same from their Wii 50? stock.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I love how there is only going to be 400 000 consoles. Shortages may simply push a potential PS3 buyer to just grab an xbox 360. For a general gamer who walks in looking for a next gen system, PS3 is sold out, Xbox 360 already has a lot of games its a non-issue.