Add Ability (of specific level) triger

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's a nutcracker!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could add a specific level ability to a hero? To elaborate... In my map i use the add ability triger to give the hero a cusom skill. This happen repeatedly as the ability is removed after it's used. Now the hero levels up and i want to add a higher level of the custom ability.

How could I do this WITHOUT making three sets of custom abilities of different damage/cooldown...

Seeing as how all spells/abilities have leveling stats built in I was just wondering if I could specify the level, and get away easy :)

TnX

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think only hero spells can have levels, but could you elaborate a little more on your problem, im not totally sure what it is.....

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Say u use a trigger to add a hero spell
the hero spell has 3 levels specified in it, right

so what i want to do is add ability (the spell/skill) of say level 2 using a trigger

That is, give level 2 directly without the hero having to level it up

I'm using Unit - Add Ability trigger.

I hope it's a little clearer.

Allso, if anyone has any ideas on how to get a single buff to stack if used repeatedly?

VurX

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you could just make a copy of the custom spell and edit dmg and name to change lvl.

heres an example...

the origanol ability

Events - A Unit Levels Up

Conditions -
Level of (leveling unit) equal to 5
Unit Type of Leveling unit equal to (what the unit u want to learn the spell is)

Actions - Add (your ability) to (leveling unit)

Then for level 2...

Events - A Unit Levels Up

Conditions -
Level of (leveling unit) equal to 10
Unit Type of Leveling unit equal to (what the unit u want to learn the spell is)

Events -
Remove (lvl 1 ability) from leveling unit)
Wait .01 seconds
Add (lvl 2 ability) to leveling unit

This does work, i used it to upgrade my black mage's blizzard to blizzara :)

x0rcist

Member!
Reaction score
Website
x0p.cjb.net
its not htat easy if lets say he has 25 heroes with 75 needed spells :p. but thats not knowing at all what his map is. you can do it using variables probably.

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look it's not that easy! I have 27 abilities for a given hero, to have 3 levels each would mean I would have to make 81 spells just for one hero

Now moast of these spells are original w3ft, so i dont have to change them. All i want is to know can i specify level of spell/ability with triggers. WITHOUT having to make 3 seperate spells.

I cant find a way with norm triggers, i thought perhaps a custom script or somthn. But i have no clue how those work, so...

Any input greatly apreciated

VurX

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't know.... I've looked everywhere... and I can't find anything whitch would augment ability level.

Like I said, either there is a trick I don't know about, or a custom script.

In any event it's help I need :)

VurX

Garthrs

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think you can not attatch non-standard abilities of higher levels to a unit using triggers... I remember trying it with my arena and there is no way I could find

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So there is no way?! Not even with custom scripts?

Damn that bums me out.... a simple syntax .... S***!

I'm not gonna lose hope yet... there's gotta be a way!!

Does anyone round here know how to use custom script?

VurX

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I've taken a brief look at Jass and I could not find any mention of an ability level variable/syntax...

NOWHERE in all of the World Editor actions is there any mention of ability levels... I mean shure you have unit levels, you can compare ability levels in conditions, but you can't specify ability levels in actions!

I'm left wondering WHY?

I'm too much of a lazy ass to go "click up" 81 abilities.
But I still don't want to give up on the idea, so if anyone has any ideas on the subject... POST 'EM HERE :)

LOL I've even gone as far as to look into using the techtree, and somehow getting the upgrades to affect abilities.... to no avail (DOH!)

Waiting patiently for a briliant idea...

VurX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just got an e-meil reply from the guy that made WE Unlimited....
And as he put it... Blizzard does not allow those kind of triggers... atleast not yet, maybe with next patch....

So,..... cross your fingers....

when is the next patch due anyways?