A user-option change for the anniversary

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've been playing around with the new template a bit to attempt to avoid this only to find that the current avatar limits interfere with the look of the avatar area on the new skin we'll have in time for the forum anniversary. It's something that can't be modified to accompany existing avatars and their height/width limits.

This has come up after viewing the forums briefly with it, and noticing certain members avatars stretching tables and <div>s.

The max avatar height is going to be changed on the forum anniversary from 128px to 118px. The max width of 128px will remain the same, however those 10 pixels make a difference.

Again, this is something that can't be toggled with, as the coding for the avatar area isn't simply tables within tables.

These changes will affect any new avatars you choose to use in your profile, and may be forced to scale existing user's avatars if you choose not to do so yourself. As a forewarning, internet browsers in general are horrible at resizing images.

I'd like to take this time to laugh at all of your poor bastards that get to resize your avatars by 10 pixels. If you are unable to do so with your current avatars, a list of members that have that ability will be added to the end of this post for your reference.

~~~Members able to assist with resizing images~~~
Please send a Private Message to one of these users to request your avatar be resized.

~ Ethanael
~ rorriM_ym-immiG
~ Blue

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
gir still dances on since he is leet

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
bah, time to open up PS i guess :(...

i want to see what the new template will look like, its not fair that i cant see it :( ...

* dont ask why, it just is. *

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
troik,thats right better geta samurai x avatar,good choice there.

and im glad my sav is 100/100 phew.

btw,cort it will be released 31'st right?

Reaction score
Cortalos forgot to mention that you also have to cut off your left pinky finger in addition to resizing your avatar.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shattered_Fixtures said:
Cortalos forgot to mention that you also have to cut off your left pinky finger in addition to resizing your avatar.
Done.

I hope the new temp is glorious. Of course, Im sure it will be.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hey cort, you should put some serious thought into this idea:

(19:33:25) celestialbadger: i mean, whatever works for you, it would be interesting if everyone on the forum didnt have a username
(19:34:57) Panitude: blank
(19:36:01) celestialbadger: yeah, that would be sweet, you'd never know who you were talking to, everything would be based on content of the post NOT THE COLOR OF THE USER NAMeEe!1 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR STYLE

You made a template that hides the post count. How about one that hides the username? Kick ass!

I guess my avatar won't really be affected.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
CelestialBadger said:
Hey cort, you should put some serious thought into this idea:

(19:33:25) celestialbadger: i mean, whatever works for you, it would be interesting if everyone on the forum didnt have a username
(19:34:57) Panitude: blank
(19:36:01) celestialbadger: yeah, that would be sweet, you'd never know who you were talking to, everything would be based on content of the post NOT THE COLOR OF THE USER NAMeEe!1 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR STYLE

You made a template that hides the post count. How about one that hides the username? Kick ass!

I guess my avatar won't really be affected.

There was a post like that on Blizzforums. It would get old after awhile I would think.

MacMan

Reaction score
Obviously something can be done, you just choose not to. I wish all problems went away like that.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Obviously, it's a skin with specific proportions in mind. THOSE SKINS ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ADDITIONS.

The skin would screw up, obviously.*

PauseBreak

Reaction score
And so what about the people who don't read this thread and don't change their avatars? Then what? =\

Edit: How dare you change (forcefully) my beautiful blonde Nova's cute face :( lol

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
x42bn6 said:
How about this?

<div style="background-image: url(User avatar) no-repeat;">Whatever you want to add</div>

?*

Better yet:

<a href="userprofile" class="avatar" style=" background: transparent url(image) center;"><span>testadfjalsdfljasld</span></a>

then CSS:

img.avatar { display:block; width:118px height: 118px; }
img.avatar span {display:none; }