2v2 strategy please

eodden

Reaction score
well my friend and I started arranged teaming it up. the problem is that we seriously suck, we are looking for a good 2v2 strategy, i would be using NE and he would be using UD. please include building order.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You guys don't do Hunts and Fiends with rushing very often do you?

Fiends:
All Acols on gold, ghoul at closest tree
Fill mine till you have about 500 gold or so.
Get Zig, Crypt, Graveyard, Altar and Shop in that order

When your DK is out, you should have a finished shop and 2 Fiends off the bat. You can creep EASILY with this.

Hunts:
3 Wisps in mine. 2 build an Altar and Moon Well.
Fill mine with wisps that you are building, excess ones go on wood.
When the Altar and wel complete, these guys go to trees.
At 100 wood, build hunters hall. When you get 60 after this, AoW.
40 wood get a second well. Build the AoW in a way it can help you defend and the wells so either they are accessible, or blocking the wood wisps to avoid pesky BM attacks.

Should be easy. Post a replay so we can see what you really need help on too.

When you actually get the units, you need to both handle them REALLY well, this includes micro. The problem is people make up good strats, but can't utilize them properly. Either because they fail to keep thier units alive, or use each unit to it's 100% effectiveness There is more to Wc3 than hero focus and Attack move into enemy army.

eodden

Reaction score
well, my noobie friend, also known as kerickson on battleforums, is my partne and he is extremly noob, like i say im gonna go foots to casters and knights, he says hell mass gargs. then we get pawned really hard. its hard to explain because he cant multi task for crap. hes just starting to use hotkeys, and he doesnt manage his resourses well, he doesnt upgrade attack and stuff and his build order is bad. i mean i thought mine was bad, this is a whole new level. ill post a replay of the next game we play.

and P.S that was kris who posted the undead strategy. not me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Oh sorry. Well anyways, it seems you guys have some strategy and undead improvements to work on. First off, massing gargs is just plain stupid. He should be doing fiend/dest/and maybe wyrms if he has the money. If he got an expo, he could add aboms and banshees should you need help. You seem to be fine, since you got the foots and casters. Don't forget that breakers count as a caster, and don't be afraid to resort to some rifles or morts when times are necessary.

Second, watch it if he is a player who yo umet in a win with a RT game. They may seem godo at first, but when you start matching up with hard players, problems arise. A LOT of problems. I have learned from experience it is better to AT with people that you have a "stronger bond" with. For some reason, these players seem to perform better, since you know how he works and he knows how you do.

Finally, if he is the real problem. Then you should either find another partner or tell him EXACTLY what is wrong with what he is doing. Even though it may be mean, but some people don't learn unless they get results smacked in thier face, the hard way. Cause if he isn't willing to learn from his mistakes or get better, then you will not be getting a win till you lose 20 times (exaggeration).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I apologize if I pointed fingers, but sometimes it needs to be done to witness the errors.

I have gotten it already from losing. You guys shouldn't have a problem now.

eodden

Reaction score
I played two 2v2 games with a random team mate, and i was orc both times, the first i was with a human and the second i was with a ne. the first one was kind of fun i got taurens and spirit walkers fully upgraded, and i got about 3 of them and i think 6 taurens with my bm and i still had some grunts left over for my defense, and the orc guy towered a lot so i bought a demolisher but all they had were really rifles and grunts, ez for my taurens and casters, i neglected on the troll witch doctor though, the next game i found out how great they were.
The second game was a lot funner, the ne guy wasn’t to great, but neither were my opponents we really only had 2 battles, when I harassed the NE’s base they tped and they had a few huntress and grunts, so I killed off all of his whopping 6 wood wisps and killed a still under construction AoW, then I teched up to a fortress with only 6 grunts, when I got to the 2nd level one I made the spirit lodge and upgraded all the of first level caster upgrades, and the 2nd level attack and def upgrades. Made 1 of each and before they were done the 3rd level main was complete and I set up 2 tauren totems, I put off about 5 taurens before the idea was to attack, so I set the rally points on my BM and went on to the nes base, to add on to this I don’t like attacking orcs bases first off, because there peons could burrow up and attack my units, and with the spike barricade and reinforced thing, it could end up being a pain in the butt for my melee units. Then we attacked the nes base I spirit linked all of my units together, but my partner sent his mass dryads in, and I layed out a few stasis traps every now and then, but my tuarens really didn’t get to see the front line because we were fighting in a small pathway, but im pretty sure that the the dryads woulda got pawned without my witch doctors to protect them with stasis traps and healing wards, even though all they had were hunts and grunts. Junky as heck. It came to no surprise that we on, but what they said after words was what bugged me, my partner lagged out before the battle was over and when they did they started to say that they wished he woulda lagged out earlier because they were sure that he was so pro, but let me ask you this, is massing dryads so hard? And besides they obviously don’t understand the power of the hord, because they thought that like 12 hunts and 12 grunts could take on my 8 taurens and my casters, I mean it would’ve been so easy if it was just me with stasis traps healing wards spirit link bloodlust and ancesteral spirit, woulda been a cake walk, and my bm woulda got a lot more exp too, so they woulda got owned. But damn I hate it when people mass dryads.

kerickson

Satan
Reaction score
well we randomed and we almost won but Eric aka Eodden screwed up on one part which made me loose my army and we lost ill try to post a replay when im not on the laptop

ChrisH36

Reaction score
eodden said:
t came to no surprise that we on, but what they said after words was what bugged me, my partner lagged out before the battle was over and when they did they started to say that they wished he woulda lagged out earlier because they were sure that he was so pro, but let me ask you this, is massing dryads so hard? And besides they obviously don’t understand the power of the hord, because they thought that like 12 hunts and 12 grunts could take on my 8 taurens and my casters, I mean it would’ve been so easy if it was just me with stasis traps healing wards spirit link bloodlust and ancesteral spirit, woulda been a cake walk, and my bm woulda got a lot more exp too, so they woulda got owned. But damn I hate it when people mass dryads.
Dryads aren't hard to mass, but they aren't hard to stop either. Last game I faced them, I beat them with a player's error. He was after my ally's MK and got him pinned down. So he surrounded the MK to make sure he wouldnt get away. But that was where the mistake began. I had raiders and I rushed in with my ally behind me. I ensared 5 of his 8 dryads, and slashed and cut them down with melee. Slapped a healing ward then a statis trap in the orc shams in the back (ally to the NE). Spirit linked my grunts together and allowed my ally to attack the casters and heroes while I went for the dryads. He had Gryphons Sorcs and priests. He had teched all game and the orc enemy had rushed my expo earlier but lost almost everything trying to escape from us.

The point is, Dryads are annoying, but they are still beatable like any unit. Orc can simply ensare to trap them to allow Raiders and Grunts to damage them. Demos can also slay them. And Serpent Wards do some nasty damage when you get a lot of them.

You also can't underestimate the power of t1 units either. I lost a few straight with my AT partner because of T1 masses. And I play with a style of T2 combat. We changed our strat to incorporate more T1 units and damage to them early on, and guess what: We win. We had expoed on the fly and I had the defensive casters (bloodlust is a liability) with my 2/2 grun raiders. Not even thier lusted tauren could stop me and my 2/0 bearad ally.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the scenario you mentioned though, you failed to note that you have siege damage on raiders, and that does extra damage to dryads. I'd recommend you get raiders any time vs NE because lots of bnet players mass dryads. ensnare helps, but i think its more due to the siege damage that you were able to make such an impact

eodden

Reaction score
all right, this was an easy match, and the first time i rememberd to save a replay, but i was gonna do the good ol' bear and dryad maneuver, however, i ended up just massing dryads because my partner didnt have any form of aa. i usually dont play like this, but ehh i would accept any criticism and advise. thank you

Attachments

Terrorstrike

Reaction score
wow that was some replay ive never been a good ne player but "Yellow" You have helped me hey btw ur team mate didnt do to bad lol..What Server Do you play on?Im Us.West

ChrisH36

Reaction score
all right, this was an easy match, and the first time i rememberd to save a replay, but i was gonna do the good ol' bear and dryad maneuver, however, i ended up just massing dryads because my partner didnt have any form of aa. i usually dont play like this, but ehh i would accept any criticism and advise. thank you
You can still get bears, as long as you have an expo when the dryads are out.