Zonfire99 Hero Editor Guide

dalk

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
ZonFire99 said:
FIRST: READ THESE Do's and Don'ts

1) If you have a firewall (such as the WinXP built-in firewall), make sure you don't block downloads from this site, or your download file will have 0 bytes. Also make sure that you don't have pop-ups blocked from this site, and allow cookies. You might also find it necessary to add www.ladderhall.com to your list of trusted sites (see below).

2) If you are using Windows 2000, NT, or XP, then make sure you have Administrator rights when you install Hero Editor. If you are the only user of your computer, then probably already have Administrator rights. Also, make sure that you have installed all patches to your operating system. If not, you will probably get errors about not having various windows files installed correctly.

3) After you have installed and started Hero Editor, press and release the F1 key, and a Help file will pop up that will give you a description about how to use some of the features of Hero Editor.

4) Hero Editor usually requires that you are using an English version of Windows and your computer is set for single byte letters/Unicode, NOT multiple byte letters/UniCode. (NOTE: I have never had this problem, but others tell me this solved the problem for them.) From your Control Panel (Start > Settings > Control Panel) run Regional Settings, look for something about Unicode. Make sure the Unicode setting is for single bytes. Then make sure you have the language setting for English. If set incorrectly, you will probably get error messages such as "unknown stat found: 21".

5) If you left click on an item picture and the mouse cursor jumps to the bottom right of the screen, then go into the Options tab and in Option (5) “WinXP Mouse Jump Correctionâ€, select “Disable Mouse Centeringâ€.

6) If pictures don't seem to line up properly, you probably need to set your screen to use Small Fonts.

SECOND: Known Bugs in Hero Editor V0.9:

1) Corpses are not recovered properly from a character file. Go into a game and recover corpses before trying to open the character in Hero Editor.

THIRD: Where do you get Hero Editor?

OPTION 1: Check the last post for the link for aCOMPLETE INSTALLATION of the HERO EDITOR V0.90 program (or click here), complete with automatic installation of any required (new) files/DLLs (5,255 KB). I recommend EVERYONE uses this option.

Download the ZIP file into a new directory. UNZIP it. There should be three files ("setup.lst", "setup.exe", "Hero Editor.CAB"). Run (double click) the"setup.exe" file (or just "setup", if you have known file extensions hidden), and follow the directions (Click on the big button, on the left side). BTW, if a message comes up re “Version Conflictâ€, answer yes (to keep the newer file that you already have).

OPTION 2: Check the next post for the link for a COMPLETE INSTALLATION of the HERO EDITOR V0.80 program (or click here). This is an older version of Hero Editor. I have left the link here for now.

OPTION 3: Check two posts down for the link for the UPGRADE to HERO EDITOR V0.82 (or click here), ONLY if you already have a previous version of Hero Editor working (2,998 KB). Again, this is an older version of Hero Editor, and I have left the link here for now.

ZonFire99 said:
OPTION 2: COMPLETE INSTALLATION of the HERO EDITOR program, complete with automatic installation of any required files (5,275 KB). I recommend EVERYONE uses this option, but definitely use this option if you don’t already have a previous working version of Hero Editor installed.

Download the ZIP file into a new directory. UNZIP it. There should be three files ("setup.lst", "setup.exe", "Hero Editor.CAB"). Run (double click) the"setup.exe" file (or just "setup", if you have known file extensions hidden), and follow the directions (Click on the big button, on the left side). BTW, if a message comes up re “Version Conflictâ€, answer yes (to keep the newer file that you already have).
Hero Editor Full v80.zip

ZonFire99 said:
OPTION 3: NEW UPGRADE of the HERO EDITOR program. Use ONLY if you already have a previous version of Hero Editor working (2,998 KB) (SEE FULL INSTALL OPTION ABOVE). Once you have a previous version of Hero Editor working, then move or rename the Hero Editor files (.exe, .ini, .txt) from the previous version (if you want to keep them for any reason). Download the file from the link below. Unzip it into your directory for Hero Editor. If you want, you can change the shortcut name for Hero Editor to indicate that you are now using “Hero Editor V0.82â€. In any case, you should be able to run this new version of Hero Editor.
HeroEditorV82.zip

ZonFire99 said:
OPTION 1: COMPLETE INSTALLATION of the HERO EDITOR program, complete with automatic installation of any required files (5,255 KB). I recommend EVERYONE uses this option.

This version is a Complete Install version of Hero Editor. The main difference from Hero Editor V0.82, is that Hero Editor V0.90 uses completely new DLLs and a new installation program -- both should help for people using Win XP.

When I get some free time, I will update Hero Editor further, to include some more fixes that I have been adding to my list of things-to-do.
Hero Editor v90.zip
These were made by Zonfire99 him self and the use of these are for Single Player and Open bnet ONLY they dont work for closed

w00t3r

Member!
Reaction score
Can you save character files from closed and put them into open?

dalk

Reaction score
No, you can not put your battle.net chars to single player but if there is a way I will post it here if i find out.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
So these work in 1.11 right? I needed to test out something...

Anyways, good find sir :)

edit

So.. err how would I go about importing item? I can't find the button there it just says ALL IN TIEM or w/e

edit2

never mind..

edit3

and should I put my hero editor in d2 folder? Its giving me alot of errors.. and err cant create unique items, it doesnt show up those names an craps ><

dalk

Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
So these work in 1.11 right? I needed to test out something...

Anyways, good find sir :)

edit

So.. err how would I go about importing item? I can't find the button there it just says ALL IN TIEM or w/e

edit2

never mind..

edit3

and should I put my hero editor in d2 folder? Its giving me alot of errors.. and err cant create unique items, it doesnt show up those names an craps ><
well I suggest that you use the v80 and the update v82 those are the ones that I have less problems with. Pluse if you have any qusetions try to find the answer at ladderhall.com cuase they are the leader in open bnet hacking most people there know more than I do. and can go there and maybe contact ZonFire99 himself. Sorry I can't help you only good at finding things such as these. sorry

Tiznit

Member!
Reaction score
Is the .9 the .9Beta or is it the final? And also, does it allow you to make torches and keys(torch with its proper name instead of "Superior Large Charm" lol)?