Zombie outbreak scenario: you're stuck in class

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Zombies virus is airborn, almost instantly breaks out and infects 25% of the school (25% of your school was susceptible to this air virus) you're in school (imagine your still in school if you graduated). From there normal biting-to-infect rules apply.

What's your first move? The school went in lockdown mode so you are stuck on the school premise, you can go anywhere on the property though.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Funnily enough, my 7 years old nephew talked about how him and his friends all play this Zombie vs Hunters game in school. Damn kids these days :d

Anyway, I'd definetly head for the kitchen to get stocked up with supplies and cutting weapons.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
My first move is the janitors closet. My old school had some crazy hooks, brooms to break the stick on, and all kinds of fun you could have with chemical bombs

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I want to play along but I have a couple questions first. How does the school go on immediate lockdown once this happens? Are the security guards trying to keep everyone in or is the military present (likely because they already knew this was going to happen)?

My first move would be to head toward's my fiance's classroom, calling her on the way there. Obviously anything that could suit as a weapon I'd use. However, that ****'s going to be in limited supply on a school campus. If I happened to be unable to find my fiance I'd send her a text message to meet me at the school pond. Kiting zombies through water I assume would be a piece of cake (hopefully I'm not the first one with the idea to steal the campus' recreational boat). I would then procede to contact my buddies. I'd explain the situation, tell them to gear up, and request emergency evac. ASAP. Hopefully once they got there and started opening fire, the already chaotic situation would crumble further and I would be able to find a means to slip out of the place.

My other option would to be through inciting a riot, screaming that "We're all ****ing dead if we don't get out of here!" and see how that goes.

I debated working with other students and teachers at the school, but they'd undoubtedly have little to bring to the table other than their meat sacks and trust issues.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
immediately lockdown. Military presence. and I like your thoughts on starting a riot to cause a distraction while you sneak out. Intent was to stay on the premise but let's just go with the school being surrounded by a military presence that is quarantining the area... This means it is really hard to get out but you could do it ==> expand your initial plans from there

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
And sorry.... cell phone signals are blocked because the quarantine

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a concealed carry license, so I'd be solid for a bit.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
Hrm let me go back to my high school days. Ok, I'm there.

First let me say that in a situation where you can not leave, you die. Simple as that. Now we will assume that once those holding the lockdown in order have kicked the bucket that we can exit.

I think first you need to become a leader and aim people where they need to go and get them to gather supplies. I tell everyone to take the supplies to the top floor as if were not getting out, we should get up as high as we can and always have the entrance to the roof accessible. If the stairs can be taken apart, I do that and were pretty much safe. If not, I take supplies and work on barricading the steps (as I assume if were still alive the doors and windows are barricaded as thousands of zombies would eventually come crashing through). High schools normally have gym and shop classes so that's where we will find our weapons.

(After the military presence is gone. 25% infection rate infects them as well, and airborne infects the world. That military dies eventually. Might be a few hours... but they do die.)

Once we are relatively safe we work on an exit strategy. We get on the roof and look at what we are dealing with. If there are not too many we arm up and try to make a run, if it is heavily surrounded I work out a new plan. The first thing I can think of is live bait. Meaning getting items and hanging someone off the side of the roof to gather them all in one place. I think I am the one to be dangled (of course with a plan) and once the zombies are there, people run out of the door furthest from where the zombies are gathered. As they leave I climb the rope and get back onto the roof and examine the situation. If I have time to exit I do, if I see my classmates outside getting eaten I just sit tight inside knowing that all of the supplies are up top with me, the stairs are destroyed, the doors and windows are barricaded, and I didn't have to lift a finger to build a safe place to lay low for awhile.