Zerg's Popularity?

Elite_Snipa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've noticed that now there isn't much people using zergs nowadays, why? Too weak?Bad Strats? Tell me plz.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Mainly just people very very bad with strats. Zerg are meant to be used with extreme micro, as they have no power units until Ultralisk. Drops are nice, fast mutas are nice. Hell just massing hydras works. Personally, I am bought by the Zerg.

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when i play SC, i rarley join a game without a zerg player, there have been plenty of times where i havnt seen a terran player tho

zerg is fast, and money efficient if that makes any sense

~JLeeAZN~

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
They are okay even though I suck bad with them. Espically with money map. Protoss got much stronger units + with fast gaining of money.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zerg are good if u know how to micro manage, yes. but u still need to remember that zerg were ment to be weak until ultras-of which they are prob the best grnd-grnd melee unit in the game. zerglings (2) cost only 50 ore and 2 take up 1 supply and are quick to build-even their main command building is below average cost (c-centers 400 nexus-400) and zerg were ment to be created in mass-of which most people who played as zerg did not know how to do very well-a start ive always seen good is 5-8 ultras sent into a base first because of their bulk and are (units automatically focus on the instead of any other unit) targeted first and take a while to kill-even for 15 marines all focus fire. while the ultras are being hammered the hydras which were created in LARGE were rushed in along with 2-3 lurkers and maybe even a queen or two to use broodlings on tanks/goons. i have used this strat many times before and it works WONDERS. heres the actual layout:
terran base with 50 marines 5 medics 10 gols and 10 tanks defending base.
ultras rush in and take the beating of the 50 marines while the hydras slaughter the metallic gols.
ultras rape marines
hydras rape base
queens spawn the tanks
lurkers come in as added fire and ground support for demolishing closely packed buildings.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerg isn't unpopular at all.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zerg cheese when u make 5+ sunken in tvz where ever expo has 5 sunken to prevent drop, with lurk cliff on terran * which is hard for T to stop* zerg cheese mainly comes from drops/hold lurks --;

mass marine + tanks > a huge number of ultra/ling/hydra unless they are backed up either by defiler or gaurds or queens

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
get guardians to take the turrets down. or get a lot of mutas and rape their base. what i like to do is set up a "wall" of lurkers so that whenever they go out to explore/attack they run into ur lurkers and die. to keep them from flying out get at least 3 mutas and a overlord out side their base at different areas so they are trapped in their base. then when u get a big enough attack force use those units and some new ones to attack his/her base. this works well also, but not as good...

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Zerg isn't unpopular at all.
[/topic]

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site