Zerglings Rule!!! If You Don't Believe Me, Read This Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
..... i looked thru all pages and im not sure if anyone said psi storm it totally rips lings ...
if the lings bunched up then the die
if they run in a line the either get hurt lots or die

other than that splash does alot (as many people have said)

lings are good but dont go overboard:D

and why cant we use HTML it is so ez to use look i know and im only 13:D

another question how ya get display pics??

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
insted of the <> we use [] just put link of pic in it

ancalime

Reaction score
Website
battle.net
zerglings are not bad in rushing but ones the game settles it cant do anything, you take forever to blow up my cannons with ur lings, i blow up ur bsae with my carriers. get it?

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
For the thing about lings killin tanks, well i usually put a LOT of goliaths and bunkers around my tanks /w missle turrets, so i dont noe how zerglings will get through that.

ihatebeaners

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, this is rediculous. why are people comparing zerglings to carriers, siege tanks, or ever bats/hydras:

1: zerglings cost 25 minerals each
2: you only need a singe vespane gyser to get the gas needed to fully upgrade ASAP
3: carriers = lots of gas and min, take longer then hell to build (esp. if u include time to make interceptors)
4: yes, siege tanks kill lings incredibly quickly, but once the lings get to the siege tanks... there doomed (if ungraded, if not, whatever was guarding the tanks is gonna get blown up by the tanks themselves, and then its the tanks turn)
5: as for firebats/marines or m/m.... unless the terran player is going all out infantry (in which case, the zergs talent for quickly being able to change strategy comes in handy) they usually only build, at max, 6 barracks. regardless of how many lings it'll take to destroy a single firebat when surrounded by medics and marines, who do you think can produce more units? by the time i get both speed and crack upgrades (and usually around 2/2) its been 5-8 mins in game... at this time, any player who is conciously going all out lings should have had nough minerals to buil around 200 lings (100 controll worth) and 10-15 hatcheries. who wins? a player with some firebats, who is making 6 every 40 seconds or so (i think, could be wrong on build ime) or the player that can produce around 60 zerglings every 28 seconds??
6: for m/m, make a damn defiler mound, for christs sake, zerg gets dark swarm, as opposed to any other race for a reason!
7: air----- most player wonts attack your base with air, if u attack with lings... they will use thier air for D (which wont work) however, if your against someone good enough to keep thier cool, and attack u... u have 2 distinct advantages. First, i dont think ive seen any unit as good at blowing up buildings as lings, so you should be able to destroy them b4 they destroy you. second, zerg are EXTREEMLY easy to change strategy with, or even just adapt. take ur larva, when u see that thier air is leaving there base, and build scourges if theyre using carriers, mutas if there using guards. or, build lots of drones, and quickly make spore coloneys. (these arnt ment to kill thier air, just slow them down till ur lings finish them off) REMEMBER: regardless of your 1 vespane gyser, you havent been using gas (cept for upgrades) all game..... you should have PLENTY.
8: now, for lurkers: yes, i understand they where made to deal with lings, they are the best unit the zerg get against them. but lings have 2 advantages: first they are more moblile. in almost any situation, unless the enemy has REALLY gone overboard, 300 lings will pass by the enemy with enough units to obliterate his base, and when the lurkers get up to move, u kill them. now, if they DO go overbored... thats what casters are for. bring in a defiler, and plauge. then bring in a queen, and ensare (not only will this make them visible to ur lings, but slow them down) even if they have anti air around there lurkers, 2 qeens should be able to ensnare before they get wiped out. then send in the lings... GG.

remember, lings can never be your only unit (drones are important too) ;p
but seriously, get yourself 3 defilers, 3 queens, and as many lings as possible, and there's nothing you cant handle.

oh, and, i heard someone mention lifting off terran buildings... this is a favorite of mine. has everyone else forgotten that, as opposed to the toss or terran, zerg have 1 building that builds ALL there units. someone who hasnt built a spire just in case is a noob, and would loose o matter what unit there using. if they lift off, build mutas, id lie to see them recover before you can hit them with air.

photon cannons arent even worth consideration. if you really, really need to, dark swarm them, but u dont even need to.... ive seen a mass of lings rip thru a host of cannons in about 30 60 sec.s (and by host, i mean, enough to completely fill an entire fastest entrance, or clutter up half the buildable map in BGH)

reavers are a slight problem, bt once again, casters can solve. if there clustered, plauge, ensnare. if not, spawn broodling just as u attack with your lings.

no unit is perfect, but lings make it easy to both micro and macro manage, something that is VERY, VERY crucial in ANY game.

I am free from prejudice: i hate everyone equally
-W.C. Fields

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
once and for all zerglings are the worst unit i once massed them i had around 100 and i went to attack the terran base wich had 2 bunkers 2 tanks and about 10 marines w/2 or 3 medics i ened up killing 1 tank about 3 marines and half killing a bunker now 50x50=2500 minerals so i killed 3 marined so thats 300 minerals off them and a tank however many that is but not alot and half injuring a bunker whic proll cost 30 or so to repair definetely not worth it i culdve done 10x the dmg if i had almost ne other unit massed

Sephiroth[LoD]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
once and for all zerglings are the worst unit i once massed them i had around 100 and i went to attack the terran base wich had 2 bunkers 2 tanks and about 10 marines w/2 or 3 medics i ened up killing 1 tank about 3 marines and half killing a bunker now 50x50=2500 minerals so i killed 3 marined so thats 300 minerals off them and a tank however many that is but not alot and half injuring a bunker whic proll cost 30 or so to repair definetely not worth it i culdve done 10x the dmg if i had almost ne other unit massed
Zeglings are not the worst units, for they can be quite useful for rushing since 1 larva makes 2 zerglings, they are not meant for attacking in the middle or the end of the game.

AiYaZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thank you captian obvious lol :D
You're insulting his intelligence? You can't even spell Captain, moron...

And back to the subject of lings, they are good throughtout the whole game, whether it's the beginning or the end, large masses of zerglings can be unstoppable at times. As for the guy who used 100 lings to attack, ever hear of an attack key?

:shoot stupid people

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok buddy your an assface zerglings are good in the beginning of the game they are ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS after that. they have no value whatsoever against air units and they have so little hp a large pack can get butchered in no time flat so please do not tell me lings are good throughout the game :angry :angry

ihatebeaners

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i guess stupidity grows on trees after all. 100 lings is NOT massed. mabe if they where hydras, i could understand your argument, but by the time your enemy has that D, f your going lings, 200+ is massed. second: upgrades. dont post in here if your too much of a nob to give your lings crack and at least 2/2 by the time that game has progressed (remember, with lings, you should be able to slow down your enemy WHILE massing)

and, as for the 'lings have such small hp, they get killed quickly" you obviously have never even played someone who knows how to use lings. WHO CARES if lots of them get killed... a player going all out lings should be able to easily have 6 for each marine... 10-20 for each tank... compare the 2. plus, look at the dmg of a fully upgraded ling, combine what you see with thier attack rate with crack upgrade... you get THE most cost-efficient dmg in the game.

i ****ing hate noobs

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and i ****ing hate you and what good are lings if your not playing a com if u tried all out lings i GUARANTEE you will get ur ass kicked in(especially if theyre toss) so will som1 plzzz close this thread i cant stand listening to noobs like beaner :angry :angry

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't hate him just because he doesn't share the same views as you do. He is entitled to his opinion, just as you are.

Anyways, this thread has become repetitive and kinda pointless.. :/

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.