Status
Not open for further replies.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Yea, they have more than twice HP, but for each hydra 2 lings are born, enough to kill an hydra.

They can atack air, but a swarm of zerglings may be enough to eleminate the enemy even if he has air.

Read the manual, you'll find that there are 3 different types of shots.

Zerginls are fast, they can bypass Hydras long range...

And how can you win with hydras, against zerglings, using dark swarm? I can see you don't know what dark swarm is for.
Listen to TrongaMonga people. Though you're kind of repeating what I said about zerlings and air on page one.

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
lings are probably the coolest unit out of the lamest race in starcraft. Their fast attack can raise building and goons in seconds. However, they are really weak vs firebats, the best unit in starcraft. bunkered firebats can litterally kill lings all day long. Add a suv repairing or a medic, and firebats are invincible vs lings.

Dont get me started on "well i can attack from air" argument, cause thats why you build other units, duh.....

HydraGyro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol
fbats do own lings...
so does dt a dt can kill a ling in 1 hit and its cloaked...
ya and 2 lurks can take out like 100 lings in 1 sec...

otherwize lings r pretty good

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Firebats? Firebats!??! Did that guy just say firebats are the best unit in the game? Man, you need to play Starcraft more. Firebats do con. damage, meaning they only do 50% against meduim units and 25%, repeat 25%, against large units!! And zerlings can easliy over run firebats.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, he said that firebats can own zerglins.

And it's true.

They can do 16 damage at one ling, meaning that with stim packs there are at least 3 dead lings (due to his splash damage) because of a firebat in 2 seconds. With medics, even better.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think ppl think their weak bcuz early rushes they get pwned by workers...... but fully upgraded lings (crack+carapace+melee attack) = gg

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ubuu
Lol, i wanna see you try to kill one ling under darkswarm with your hydras.
[glow=purple]Lol, hydras'll never going to kill one zergling under dark swarm unless dark swarm disappears.

Some people don't know how Dark Swarm exactly works...

With melee units like firebat, zergling, zealot...etc. you can kill units under darkswarm. but ranged units? no no no. :)[/glow]

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i bet half the people here never fought a fully upgrade zergling pack they own all buildings and the air units cant kill them with out dectors and shit.

God Illuvatar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Firebats and medics with bunkers and tanks could own that. Anyone splash unit will quick Zergling butt. I remember one game they kept doing that; my choke was blown open, but I held them off for forever with medics, firebats, and marines. Although I can't remember if I won or not :).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Tanks sucks when the enemy atacks you with melle units, because they'll damage you as well.

Originally posted by Ued_colonial
i bet half the people here never fought a fully upgrade zergling pack they own all buildings and the air units cant kill them with out dectors and shit.
I beg your pardon?

Hyarion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shortly zerglings rule, however there are lots of hard counters for zerglings. If your opponent has 2-3 reavers and some zealots you are practically doomed if you use a large amount of zerglings.

In short there is no such thing as the ultimate unit, any decent player would own your ass if you try using only zerglings.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darn it. I didn't know you there was a time limit to edit your post.
Oh well.

Anyway, is anyone going to talk anymore?

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerglings are good... a lotta ppl go massive lings /w crack, speed, and upgrades ...which IS effective in SOME cases.. If you meet a terran going massive infantry..oh boy...you know you're dead if u keep going lings

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by iamshort
Darn it. I didn't know you there was a time limit to edit your post.
Oh well.

Anyway, is anyone going to talk anymore?
Theres a time limit? hmm...learn something new everyday...

Zerglings are good...at the beginning, but then they suck. Unless... your opponent has a horrible computer and you mass zerglings and lag them out! Now thats useful...and my friend did that to me once...because my computer was bad... ::eek:

But now I can kick his butt :p

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, I got, like, five hundred replays of killing someone with zerglings, but I still can't get it in as an attachment

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay.... Lets get back to the no air factor here... Even if you get past his air units what about the Terren's ability to "LIFT" thier buildings? And the loss of scvs? Ahh just have a dropship or two handy. Pick them up and cart them off to a safe place with the buildings... So you lose a few supply depots and you have your air units. You just pick off the lings with wraiths and/or cruisers and voila you have killed all the lings and not lost one important building...
(they don't call me Terran Commander for nothin')
P.S. I suck at Protoss

Status
Not open for further replies.