Zerg

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Any guess of when we can see some zerg units?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have no idea what zerg will have aside from the units already mentioned. It would be nice to see how they evolved and upgraded. They'll probabaly get 4th evolutionary hive structure.(tier 4 type units)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I hope so...I loved Ultras. I imagine they'll fulfill the same sort of niche as the Thor and Colossus: heavy anti-ground support.

With all the new stuff they've been doing to the Terrans and Protoss, I'm pretty damn psyched about the possibilities of Zerg.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I have no idea what zerg will have aside from the units already mentioned. It would be nice to see how they evolved and upgraded. They'll probabaly get 4th evolutionary hive structure.(tier 4 type units)
agreed. When they release protoss or terran inforamtion, for me its like, yea i knew something like this will happen or its not too big but still looks cool. With zerg, its kidna unexpected. i think what every one did expect from zerg was the nydus worm

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hope so...I loved Ultras. I imagine they'll fulfill the same sort of niche as the Thor and Colossus: heavy anti-ground support.
I'm not so sure. The Thor and the Mothership offer offensive support, but as you know, the real purpose of the Ultralisk is to absorbe enough damage to allow the rest of the Swarm to overwhelm the ennemy. Ultralisk are not meant to destroy the ennemy: 200 of gaz and mineral, plus the necessary upgrades, are better invested in hydralisks, mutalisks and zerglings for that purpose.

I still love the ultralisk for the coolness factor, though. When I'm in a stalemate, or when I think I'm gonna lose, I try to use ultralisks anyway. Because no match is truly lost if you're capable of unleashing a herd of ultralisks on an unsuspecting opponent. Because then, even if you end up losing, at least you'll go out with style.

Here's my wishlist for the Zergs:

- I want to see an upgrade for faster regeneration.

- I want a powerhouse better than an ultralisk, or nothing at all.

- I like the concept of flying artillery, so I want something equivalent to a guardian.

- They have to keep the Queen, too, and its Parasite and Broodling ability. Fast flying spellcasters that can take out an ultralisk in one it are awesome.

- They could always replace the ultralisk with a real tank. A behemot with massive hitpoints (500+), 3 or 4 of amors + the upgrades, reduced damage against splash weapons (fire, grenades, mines), and rapid regeneration rate. It would fill the role of the ultralisk, without the speed and the damage output. A huge armored slug or something.

And here's something else. I want the suken and spore colony to be scrapped, and I want all buildings to have the possibility to be upgraded with defensive capabilities. I want my zerg buildings to be huge acid-spitting monsters with tentacles.

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'd like to see Hydralisk with a melee attack

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Keeping with my 4th evolutionary hive structure theory, ultralisks can now upgrade into torrasques.(similar to that of the lurker)
Moveable burrowed units.
Buildable hunter killers.(hydras can choose which between HKs or lurkers)

Just throwing stuff out there.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Keeping with my 4th evolutionary hive structure theory, ultralisks can now upgrade into torrasques.(similar to that of the lurker)
Moveable burrowed units.
Buildable hunter killers.(hydras can choose which between HKs or lurkers)

Just throwing stuff out there.
That'd be like any Terran Marine being upgradable to a "Jim Raynor." Zerg hero units are just that: hero units. There can be multiples of them, because they're "higher strains," but they're still heroes. Besides, Zerg evolutionary upgrades have always been about exploring new pathways and gameplay possibilities, not about just making the units tougher versions of themselves.

Moveable burrowed units is a little nuts, but I think a Zerg unit that could cloak would be neat...it could be a sort of "chameleon" effect.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As I said before,(at the end of my post you quoted) I'm just throwing stuff out there since I haven't a clue about what zerg is getting aside from banelings, nydus worms, etc.