Zerg v. Toss, Arbiter conter

Kano523

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Last night I played a game against a pretty well experienced player from Korea. I had my mass of hydras and mutas ready, along with some speed lings, guardians, and defilers for backup. He sent a scout to my base early so I built some scourges to counter what I was sure would be an air based army. However when I went to attack all my air units were almost instantly in a stasis field. Even my scourges were locked in that painfull blue polygon. Needless to say with my mutas and guardians gone I was owned. My question is what can I do against a player who is experienced with toss technology. I coulden't even react by the time I was locked in stasis. Mass units aren't helpful if they're all frozen! What should I do as a counter? :shoot

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If he had arbiter at that time..you don't attack very much do you?
Well...I guess one way is to get about 40 scourge and scout his base while killing any units possible. Go for Carriers if he had them(Although I don't understand why he would...)

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
try ur best to finish him before he teches up.... if not, then there is always micro... go in from all angles, not just one

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Scout first then if he builds an arbiter, send scourges to kill the arbiter. try scouting with parasite. if your units are in stasis then, micro like hell until the stasis is gone.

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
i would just say 2 kill him before he can tech up wit a mass of hydras and thats wat i do and i have 1, so dont let him build arbiters

Zerg-ShadowX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamzerg.tk
This question has many answers... First off, what map is it?
asuming your not a newb, and are playing a good map like LT or other lowmineral maps, then u should pin him down early on with hydras, upgrade ur lings and use them too, if he techs up and gets arbiter, then i would say to use scourges along with a few hydras..... dont cluster them at all, this is where hot keys and fast mouse work come into play. if there spread out stasis cant gettem all, and he'll run outof energy before he gets them all... but like i sed, if u pinned him down earlier he shouldn't have the proper resources to tech up in time.
to sum this up, prevent him from expanding at all costs. but maintain a good economy and leave him crippled. this should prevent any higher tech units and abilities.... knowing protoss are an expensive race, they require more resources.

on a side note, the easiest way to prevent any expanding earlier on, learn burrow and burrow in mineral patches, right where he'd go to biuld so he cant even make the biulding.... this will confuse him at first giving u time to react.

i hope i have been at all a help. good luck Vs the korean next time

Kano523

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks to all you guys for your help. And ZergShadow I was playing on LT, but I have learned alot since then. I use to be very VERY timid when attacking. We can all thank age of empries 2 hour castle seiges for that! But after reading a few posts and getting some experience I'm now a much more agressive player...not a ling' rusher...just more agressive.