Zerg Succubus replace Defiler?

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Defilers will most likely go. The Zerg will most likely evolve the most. Should be interesting.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm not liking the "control units" garbage. Making units explode is sounds like it will replace broodlings and the queen in that department.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Are you sure this is even 100% legit? Because frankly it sounds to me like somebody just wanted to make Infested Kerrigan a standard unit. And being Wiki-based, anyone could have put that in.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I guess so, but I'll believe it when I see it on Starcraft2.com. That sounds just too far-fetched for me to accept immediately. I mean, having Infested Kerrigan lookalikes as producable units is a dream-come-true for me, being as she's my favorite Hero unit and ultimately the most badass imo...but having an ability to turn enemies into timebombs is just ridiculous.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I dont see it as any different from making a broodling out of a tank. Differnece being it is only organic units. So I guess strategy would be to explode a marine between sieged tanks.

However interesting is if the "infested before they blow up" Could be balanced to give the terran player some time to kill the marine before it blows up, and if killed it might not blow up? Thoughts?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well, from the impression I got, you're essentially turning organic enemies into Infested Terrans, and taking control of them. You'd have to micro decently to be able to cast it, select the new unit, and point him in the right direction before he's shot down. It's like a brief Mind Control that ends with a boom.

Edit: Another possibility is that the infestation doesn't happen in a split second, and that the unit targeted doubles over and starts mutating in front of you, and would be so exposed to enemy fire during that period. Even if it's just a couple seconds, that could do a lot to even the odds. It's also a distinct possibility, given that the new 3D environment is being tailored to show a lot more of the action instead of going "bink you've got a new unit." The buildings are actually showing the process of summoning the units, and everything is a lot more dynamic. Why not show the process of a unit being Infested?

And the reason tanks and goliaths could be Broodlinged is because they had men inside them. Basically same thing with Dragoons, which were cybernetic as well. The spores that "became" the Broodlings were able to burrow through to reach the organic matter and gestate. This is why the pilotless Reavers and the burning energy Archons were immune.

It'd be nice if maybe the Terrans had beefed up their use of robotics a little bit so as to make some 100% robotic units that couldn't be Broodlinged...attack drones or the like. Maybe even mobile attackers that had a stationary operator elsewhere who if killed would cause the unit to cease to function.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Well, from the impression I got, you're essentially turning organic enemies into Infested Terrans, and taking control of them. You'd have to micro decently to be able to cast it, select the new unit, and point him in the right direction before he's shot down. It's like a brief Mind Control that ends with a boom.

Edit: Another possibility is that the infestation doesn't happen in a split second, and that the unit targeted doubles over and starts mutating in front of you, and would be so exposed to enemy fire during that period. Even if it's just a couple seconds, that could do a lot to even the odds. It's also a distinct possibility, given that the new 3D environment is being tailored to show a lot more of the action instead of going "bink you've got a new unit." The buildings are actually showing the process of summoning the units, and everything is a lot more dynamic. Why not show the process of a unit being Infested?

And the reason tanks and goliaths could be Broodlinged is because they had men inside them. Basically same thing with Dragoons, which were cybernetic as well. The spores that "became" the Broodlings were able to burrow through to reach the organic matter and gestate. This is why the pilotless Reavers and the burning energy Archons were immune.

It'd be nice if maybe the Terrans had beefed up their use of robotics a little bit so as to make some 100% robotic units that couldn't be Broodlinged...attack drones or the like. Maybe even mobile attackers that had a stationary operator elsewhere who if killed would cause the unit to cease to function.
From what I understand about the thing is it doesn't make an infested terran, you simply control the same unit in the same wy, except when a tiemr goes up it explodes. that is what it sounds like.

and With terrans, Alot of the technology isn't advanced to be 100 robotic. Humans control the goliaths and tanks because Humans are far superior to machines. Even thousands of years in the future, I still contend that humans would retain that human element in battlefield. Also I think it makes them more unique from the protoss who make a bunch of mechanical robotic units.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
From what I understand about the thing is it doesn't make an infested terran, you simply control the same unit in the same wy, except when a tiemr goes up it explodes. that is what it sounds like.
I didn't say it literally converts it into an Infested Terran, just causes the unit to be used in an almost identical way. I suppose it could continue to use the same weapons it was given, but chances are it'll just become a mobile kamikaze drone with size, speed, and HP of whatever unit it was made from.

and With terrans, Alot of the technology isn't advanced to be 100 robotic. Humans control the goliaths and tanks because Humans are far superior to machines. Even thousands of years in the future, I still contend that humans would retain that human element in battlefield. Also I think it makes them more unique from the protoss who make a bunch of mechanical robotic units.
I realize this, and I'm not saying that people should be taken out completely. Goliaths and Tanks are just vehicles piloted by humans, and as such are uber vulnerable. I mean shit, every single Terran ground unit could be mashed by Broodling, most of them could be Irradiated, and against a Lockdown-savvy player your options were limited to weaker infantry, since mass-production of the mechanized units was difficult to attain and most forces could be easily broken down and eliminated without being able to retaliate effectively.

Using remote-controlled units is also very Terran...maybe the computer doesn't do all the thinking for you, but shit even the suits the Marines wear are computer-enhanced. Computer targeting systems, computerized movement, all the people inside do is pilot them. They're battlesuits, not just armor. Taking the person out and putting him in a safe place isn't anything remotely resembling a far stretch, and it would add some flavor to Terrans.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it literally converts it into an Infested Terran, just causes the unit to be used in an almost identical way. I suppose it could continue to use the same weapons it was given, but chances are it'll just become a mobile kamikaze drone with size, speed, and HP of whatever unit it was made from.

I realize this, and I'm not saying that people should be taken out completely. Goliaths and Tanks are just vehicles piloted by humans, and as such are uber vulnerable. I mean shit, every single Terran ground unit could be mashed by Broodling, most of them could be Irradiated, and against a Lockdown-savvy player your options were limited to weaker infantry, since mass-production of the mechanized units was difficult to attain and most forces could be easily broken down and eliminated without being able to retaliate effectively.

Using remote-controlled units is also very Terran...maybe the computer doesn't do all the thinking for you, but shit even the suits the Marines wear are computer-enhanced. Computer targeting systems, computerized movement, all the people inside do is pilot them. They're battlesuits, not just armor. Taking the person out and putting him in a safe place isn't anything remotely resembling a far stretch, and it would add some flavor to Terrans.
it's all speculation. Lockdown was countered with "Restore". Most of the Toss units could also be locked down. I mean the Zerg Plauge I think personaly is one of the most devastating ability for most casters. Dark swarm pretty much made zerg units invulnerable to most attacks.

SCII will be a different game. Likely units will return and get updates, but the abilities will likely won't return.