Zerg is weak overall.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
c/n(carpe noctem) said:
dude seriouly, snagg, just stop talking man...
you are embarrassing yourself.
no offense, but you are obviously serious noob and from what ive read in your
posts, I could beat you with zerg (i am noob with them)
Way to bump a thread that is 3 months old, the point has been already made.
No need to restart the whole argument all over again.

Jesus christ... this section of the forum is dying :confused:
I still see threads from april, may, june...etc. in page one.

Reaction score
a@... said:
Way to bump a thread that is 3 months old, the point has been already made.
No need to restart the whole argument all over again.

Jesus christ... this section of the forum is dying :confused:
I still see threads from april, may, june...etc. in page one.
well, i see that someone is still checking this thread everyday....
lol
i didn't know that it was that old

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
Snagg said:
Zerg will get owned by zealots.
You get owned by me :p

I like this game! :D

Anyways, are you 9gating to say that? zeal rushes could work at close start locations. Otherwise, you'd better tech fast to archives or sair (depending on your strat) while preventing his lings from getting through your ramp.

Snagg, you don't really know how to play zerg, or you've never played any decent zergs before.
Show us a replay of you beating a decent zerg, then we'll talk. If not, just stfu plz. Thx.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
in ZvP,

the moment P gets high templars with storms

its gg Z.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
_Mike said:
in ZvP,

the moment P gets high templars with storms

its gg Z.
Sarcasm?
Unless the map is an island, zerg will own protoss most of the games wheather they get high templars or not, assuming the game is being played by high-skilled players in LT.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
a@... said:
Sarcasm?
Unless the map is an island, zerg will own protoss most of the games wheather they get high templars or not, assuming the game is being played by high-skilled players in LT.
No sarcasms intended, and if it was like everything you've said, we wouldnt have protoss as programers now would we?

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
The balance between T:Z, and T:p might be fair, but Z:p is not.

The thing is that, Protoss is greatly effected by the map, and it is hard to make a map thats P=Z without destroying other matchup balances.
And the reason protoss seems weak is that most of the popular maps (such as small choke point, small center, narrow routes, and a map with only one entrance which leads to the center) favor Terran, and Zerg. Not Protoss.

As for the psionic storm, it works great against every units, but since protoss has to tech up and make units (robotics facility, obs, templars, templars archives) from only 1 gas, and since protoss has do deal with lurker + ling + hydra choke most of the games and mutal harrassements, protoss usually gets his nat very late in the game. (not very late but you get my point).

But I guess Z:p aint too bad for average players.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
a@... said:
The balance between T:Z, and T:p might be fair, but Z:p is not.

The thing is that, Protoss is greatly effected by the map, and it is hard to make a map thats P=Z without destroying other matchup balances.
And the reason protoss seems weak is that most of the popular maps (such as small choke point, small center, narrow routes, and a map with only one entrance which leads to the center) favor Terran, and Zerg. Not Protoss.

As for the psionic storm, it works great against every units, but since protoss has to tech up and make units (robotics facility, obs, templars, templars archives) from only 1 gas, and since protoss has do deal with lurker + ling + hydra choke most of the games and mutal harrassements, protoss usually gets his nat very late in the game. (not very late but you get my point).

But I guess Z:p aint too bad for average players.
The moment Toss blocks 6 Ling rush in the beginning, its failure for Zerg players

and Psionic storm works the most effectively against bionics.. well because they have reletively low hp *not counting ultralisks, LOL*

so all toss has to do with either defend like crazy mofos, or do something like expand expand then cannon away, then maek like archosn and high templars with dragons and zealots allmixed and o LOOLLLLLL at zerg.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
That's just a TheoryCraft.

6 ling rush?
The zerg doesn't expect it to be successful b/c he already knows the protoss will just block the ramp with 2 zealots, hold positioned.
6 ling rush is just to keep protoss occupied in his base while zerg gets his natural and other starting positions.
It takes 2 shots of storms to kill a lurker, and how can P expand when he is stuck in his base defending like a crazy mofo.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
a@... said:
That's just a TheoryCraft.

6 ling rush?
The zerg doesn't expect it to be successful b/c he already knows the protoss will just block the ramp with 2 zealots, hold positioned.
6 ling rush is just to keep protoss occupied in his base while zerg gets his natural and other starting positions.
It takes 2 shots of storms to kill a lurker, and how can P expand when he is stuck in his base defending like a crazy mofo.
and zerg can tech to Lurk that fast?

Im not saying Zerg is weak, sure, zerg can do everything to piss toss off, but when high templar comes along with archons and dragoons, it won't be an easy fight.

And do you really think P would only have high templars around when theres lurks?

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Zerg isnt weak.. If u can keep building the units over and over to kill the terran/toss.. If u build like 12-30 hatcheries U can keep building mutas/hydra's and keep sending them over to terran/toss

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Kaison said:
Zerg isnt weak.. If u can keep building the units over and over to kill the terran/toss.. If u build like 12-30 hatcheries U can keep building mutas/hydra's and keep sending them over to terran/toss
We're not talking about Money maps.

But yes you're right, in money map, Zerg could beat almost anything due to its speedy mass prodcution :)

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man i would love to see somebody defending a 400 cracking attack. that's a lot of little buggers ya know

Biske

Reaction score
That is the shit, right there. So many. Even though most will die, they are so cheap and they'd all wear down the defences so like the last 30 end up destroying them. Awxome.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
man i would love to see somebody defending a 400 cracking attack. that's a lot of little buggers ya know
I tried it once and failed horribly you know? :(

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm I've played a game where I used 2 archons and kill 6 mutas.

I had 4 archons and destroyed an army of zerglings.

It wasn't pure archons mind you, they were assisted by zeals, goons and templars.

All in all, archons own any muta/ling strat.

Money map zerg will be owned. Since Terran and Protoss do not need to expand at all. Zerg's advantage, quick and easy expansions is totally ruined. Making them vulnerable extremely easy to kill. 12-30 hatches? That's great, if you have enough money for 30 hatches worth of mutas, you have too much money.

400 cracklings = 50 x 200 = 10 000 minerals? Ok, how about 10 000 gas worth of archons.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
hmmm I've played a game where I used 2 archons and kill 6 mutas.

I had 4 archons and destroyed an army of zerglings.

It wasn't pure archons mind you, they were assisted by zeals, goons and templars.

All in all, archons own any muta/ling strat.

Money map zerg will be owned. Since Terran and Protoss do not need to expand at all. Zerg's advantage, quick and easy expansions is totally ruined. Making them vulnerable extremely easy to kill. 12-30 hatches? That's great, if you have enough money for 30 hatches worth of mutas, you have too much money.

400 cracklings = 50 x 200 = 10 000 minerals? Ok, how about 10 000 gas worth of archons.
I thought we were talkig about fastest possible money map :p oh well

But meh, in most money maps, I found it easy to mass product with zerg, and mucho faster.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Unless it's a NR game, zerg will get pwned on money maps vs anyone competent. Even if it is a NR game both toss and terran can mass quicker than zerg anyway.

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Unless it's a NR game, zerg will get pwned on money maps vs anyone competent. Even if it is a NR game both toss and terran can mass quicker than zerg anyway.
One Hatcheries 3 units.. terran 1 unit per building.. uses more money.. cause more buildings...