Zerg Baneling

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Wc3 is trying to get as close to balance as it could.

There were minor, but drastic unit changes in 1.22. Such as Knights gaining 3 damage and 0.1 cut off thier attack speed (1.5 -> 1.4 cooldown). Face it, Knights were ****.

It will probably take this game 15 or so patches before its perfectly balanced.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I decided to start commenting this game I look forward to because when I don't have anything to do at work, I read the SC2 units info, revise what happened in SC&BW. I got excited about the story and the units, so will really like this game.

This unit will be as easy to build as zerglings and I would say some strategical placements like human hehe with 1 entrance to stop them, they shouldn't reach your units.

Warcraft III is balanced and has been.
Especially ud, the most balanced races of all... they decided to buff it when all others are nerfed/the same, ud was too weak....

Don't count me a knight who dies from mass focus and you don't have much to save because of cooldown staff a big advantage because of some dmg increase.

This game is sh1t. I can't wait for the release of SC2 where at least the imba bs heroes will be removed from melee.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Banelings will rape protoss and mostly other zerg.

From their stats, and early reports they are taken down by mostly ranged units, and with Marine/Maurader combo, Banelings won't do much with the exception of harassing workers with them.

Whereas They will ruin Zealots and Zerglings.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well if you can caught your enemy off guard the banelings can kill almost any ground units.

don't you think zerglings will be semi useless now, i mean why not turn all or most of your zerglings into banelings and kill more. banelings should have lower hp so that players can mix out the 2 lings.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They will pretty much instant kill all infantry type units, and a group of maybe 7 will take down any unit in the game. Zerglings will probably still be useful at early and late game with upgrades.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but its going to be obvious the Banelings explosion will be chaotic, in the sense it will kill ANYTHING around it. And unless Banelings autoexplode on death, that would be a stupid waste of Banelings.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
autoexplode on death? i think thats a good thing, at least they still explode and do damage(if it does) when killed giving random death kills even if they fail to reach their target.

i dont know which one really is more balanced. baneling, if killed just die and doesn't damage anyone around or it will still explode and still damage nearby units.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
*bump*

Baneling got an update. It now only rolls after it gets its speed upgrade.

I think this is an excellent idea. Now you can actually see when upgrades are made, instead of constantly clicking units to find out. Opinions?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They have been doing that in a few games for some time now.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it roll in the latest BR, but I thought it was said he got the speed update?

clarify?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
as of april(this month) they dont roll until the upgrade

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Also, they implemented this barely two weeks ago, and nobody else posted it.
yea that would be mostly/partly my fault. school and tf2 eats up my time

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
That always gets in the way of my posting as well. Anyway, I like the Baneling now. It's the Roach that bothers me. It does extra damage vs biological, so ZvsZ might turn out to become a Roack micro contest... Oh boy, I can already feel the heat of the flamers after saying that. XD

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actualy, I'd say baneling might be the effective counter against roaches and zerglings. Perhapes air units will have a greater use in ZvZ games than any other match.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That always gets in the way of my posting as well. Anyway, I like the Baneling now. It's the Roach that bothers me. It does extra damage vs biological, so ZvsZ might turn out to become a Roack micro contest... Oh boy, I can already feel the heat of the flamers after saying that. XD
Kamikazes in general need micro and timing. You have to find a way to get your explosive units into thier field without it setting off in the middle of nowhere or within your own ranks.

Command and Conquer had a few examples of Kamikaze control. But it was usually because the Kamikaze unit had special abilities or upgrades to allow it to approach more safely (like General's Bomb Trucks could Disguise Vehicle so enemies cannot target it without manual fire and/or detection).

There are a few ways to get Banelings in there. One method is burrow if they still got it. Another is dropping them on forces, assuming the transport isn't shot down in the middle of combat. It can be done, especially in Warcraft III

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I would still go for Roaches most of the time. They simply cause more damage for their cost. -with theis bio target bonus-

Banelings will be excellent vs Zerglings, Marines and such only early game. After the Zergling speed increase they will be much harder to hit. -they get the upgrade before Banelings do- Marines can only be insta-killed by the explosion early on. They need two after the Combat Shield upgrade. Two Banelings for one lowest tier unit? Nah, better use them against buildings then, prefferably in a drop. -or let Nydus Worm spam them in the middle of their base-

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Kamikazes are usually saved for more, larger targets like structures or advanced units. Using them on basic units isn't really cost effective, unless you get more than the Baneling's price into the explosion.

The Infested Terran was good on anything because of the 500 damage explosions. If it could into melee distance of any group of targets, it was reduced to rubble and guts easily.