Zerg and the rush

Kano523

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everyone knows that a zergling drone rape can make a serious diffrence in the early game. But is taking a person out of the game with lings going a little too far? I understand the view that "if its in the game, you can do it" but it seems a like a far too cheap tactic. On the other end of the spectrum however, every time I've tried to play the zerg without the rush I was dominated while trying to expand. Which way is best to play the zerg? The quick and easy rush, or the painfull process of trying to defend against stronger units while expanding. I overestimated the zerg with a few quick rush victories and am now paying for it with a lack of real experience, post your thoughts, and help this born again newbie find his way.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
4 drone zergling rush and photon cannon rush is like a suicide.

Arwhy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, the 4 drone Zergling rush and the Cannon rush cripples the user's economy. So, if you know how to stop it, then you can return with a slightly later rush and win. So.. People using these rushes are doing it at their own risk, I don't think it really 'detract' from the game.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm -.-

it is a game...everything is allowed...you're supposed to have fun...you have fun when you win...ling rush isnt unstopable...so there is absolutly NOTHING wrong with trying a ling rush...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh ive played with protoss its not so easy to rush prot with zerglings.When you lag you never rush a prot-if your army is defeated your rush is ruined

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How is it cheap??? sure...it can be done, but then you would have to know that your opponent is close to you...or if u hack .... even so, their workers stand a good chance of winning against that rush .... 1 zealot, 1 marine, or a sunken can kill all that... surround zealot with probes, surround marine with scv, and surround sunken with drones.... if that rush fails, itz gg ... it's a pretty risky tactic IMO

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Starfish
hmmm -.-

it is a game...everything is allowed...you're supposed to have fun...you have fun when you win...ling rush isnt unstopable...so there is absolutly NOTHING wrong with trying a ling rush...
Ling rush...or a cannon rush is "suicide". If it works you win, no expcetions. If it fails..theres almost no point in going on. Meaning you lose.