Zeal or Goon against terran on LT?

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most PvT matches, the terran techs to siege tanks and vultures..and mostly, they wall in...I'm wondering why a lot of players go dragoons or reavers instead of zealots....i mean....zeals own vultures and tanks before spider mine and siege tank upgarde....why goons???which is better?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on how the player uses them.....for me i think goons are better.i only use zeals to distract the tanks and the goons destroy them:D

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zealot if they have tanks
goon and obs if they have vulture
templar if they have golie
carrier if they have vessel

End Of All2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zealots are the most potenet unit in the game, it owns any ground unit, and i have broken a terran waller...not hard..

bigredhoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
goatse.cx
Start with goon/obs, put obs outside their base so you see when they're coming out you can attack them before they set up (ie lay mines, siege tanks). I'd say make goons over zeals about 2:1 or 3:1 ratio (but dont take the time to count it out in game, just an estimate) until I get zeal speed. Then it depends.

Nobody goes goon/reaver vs terran like they would PvP, reaver is just for drops. You can try an early goon/reaver drop if you want, I'm starting to like a later 2-reaver drop though it works pretty well vs 2-fact push. as you see them moving their troops out just drop the reaver.

also REMEMBER TO FLANK put half or so of your troops on the other side of terrans entrance.

xero2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I say a combo of zels and reevers together they own..... buit if they have air throw in some scouts....as long as you stay way from the big units like carriers and goons...you should be fine

bigredhoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
goatse.cx
goons are the main unit you use for most of PvT, and carriers late-game can be very good also -.-

Kirby-o_O

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebz.com
You know whats really funny about this whole thing. Just a day ago me and my friend had a match ...PvP and although he has been playing P for about ....a year or two and I just started a day ago...I beat him. He was giving me tips and he said "when you are toss NEVER get zealots unless mega desperate when in PvP" and I total disagree with that....tell me what you think ... Thx :shoot :fwink

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I believe that in LT considering strategy should never really include this or that.... you should always use a little of everything, if necessary. Mix the two, Zealots and Dragoons.

But given the choice, Zealots are cheaper and more effective. BUT, given the right player, Dragoons can be much more effective. I know several players that can easily out-micro and kill half a dozen Zealots with 4 Dragoons in only a minute (personal experience... ).

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use them both equaly because they are used for different things. Zeals own ground, and dragoons own terran air. Using them both makes up for the others weakness

bigredhoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
goatse.cx
Originally posted by Kirby-o_O
You know whats really funny about this whole thing. Just a day ago me and my friend had a match ...PvP and although he has been playing P for about ....a year or two and I just started a day ago...I beat him. He was giving me tips and he said "when you are toss NEVER get zealots unless mega desperate when in PvP" and I total disagree with that....tell me what you think ... Thx :shoot :fwink

PvP in summary - Goon/Reaver>Zeal/Goon>Goon/Temp>Goon/Reaver