ZC, 33mins 43 seconds, can you beat that?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Zone Control Hydra, 3 players, lasted for 33 mins and approximately 43 seconds. I dare anyone to play a game that decent and make it last for 33 minutes.

Best ZC game i've ever played, i'll upload the replay later (I'm on work computer).

It was me, RyanXWing and coRtALoS. coRt won, he took major control early and i salvaged what i could to hold him off for 33 mins, Ryan was excellent cannon fodder :D

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Upload it, that way I can get a good basis of how Zone Control works. I can then practice in the mornings and eventually challenge you to try and beat your record. If not, I wouldn't be very suprised. Renzokuken is usually better then me at everything, after all.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Zone Control is basically a massing map, but slightly different. You get money for kills, and at 250 minerals you get a Sunken Dispenser, which is an overlord, if you place it over a 'zone' you get another Sunken Colony placed there, and you control that zone, so you spawn Hydras at each Sunken Colony or 'zone' that you control.

For 99% of that game, we were massing pretty heavily. My only edge against coRt was my upgrades which were slightly higher than his, and Ryan kept hassling coRt slightly, so i had to take each chance and try & puncture coRts line. I almost did once, then it went downhill from there.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
Zone Control is basically a massing map, but slightly different. You get money for kills, and at 250 minerals you get a Sunken Dispenser, which is an overlord, if you place it over a 'zone' you get another Sunken Colony placed there, and you control that zone, so you spawn Hydras at each Sunken Colony or 'zone' that you control.

For 99% of that game, we were massing pretty heavily. My only edge against coRt was my upgrades which were slightly higher than his, and Ryan kept hassling coRt slightly, so i had to take each chance and try & puncture coRts line. I almost did once, then it went downhill from there.
eh a zerg version? post that 2 plz :p

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Makes me want to see that replay. I really want to know what it's all about.

- Amantis

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Zone control is a real fun game. I like the ghost version the best.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Upload the map for us bad internet users please. I can tinker with it once you do, then probably lose to you but put up a good effort to try and beat you.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I have two ZC Hydra maps, so i posted them for good measure. Remember the replay is UMS so treat it carefully!

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hahaha, pretty funny to see XRate's gang of hydras in one area.

- Amantis

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i just tried it but then i got owned :(

i started out good, white was attacking me but i managed to defend myself. my ally brown killed one guy after a while we went after white. we started to do good but them red and blue got into the mix and we were outflanked. but i ran out of bunks and poof

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
What i do, is that i don't use the masser until i have like 3 zones, i just group my Hydras and micro so i'll get the most kills early which will give me a good start and work my way from there.

In the end, it's how well you start that 99% of the time, determines the outcome of the game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That's pretty hard man. If I have time tomorrow, I'll try to get better at it, but it's nightime right now so my internet is a couple ethernet units short of a full-DLS Connection. Which sucks.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Serious? You owned practically the whole game. The only thing that annoyed me was Ryan attacking me from the side while i was trying to break your line.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Yep, I had to keep diverting stuff over to him too. It really weakened my lines on the right. You got my sunkens into triple digits. :(

---Edit---

I also wanted to point out that the replays are totally messed up. It never shows us expanding or anything. It just shows us all sitting there with like 300-400+ minerals not upgrading or moving our overlords.

I ****ing hate that. We haven't been able to watch UMS replays since what? The 1.00 patch? Why the hell did they have to do that? :(

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
What? There are Overlords...?

- Amantis

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To tell you the truth I have never heard of Zone Control Hydras in my entire life. I'm basically only a normal game player though. I only UMS with friends on micro arenas and stuff.