Z~WTF DOes dark swarm do?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm i thougth only unit taht can hit via dark swarm is tank in siege mode and airs?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ah, right, armtin, you may be right.

The ranged units can atack if they are under the dark swarm, but they will not die if they are under it against other ranged units.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by a@...
Is dark swarm made for EVANGELION or what?
We're talking about dark swarm in MELEE games, not UMS.

And you talk like you know everything about SC, it's pretty amusing that you don't even know how dark swarm works, maybe you should quit ums and play melee lil bit more from now on?
1) Special attacks effects are not changed in UMS you moron
2) I am a Melee gamer, pay attention
3) Thank you seksi amrtin, for proving my point :p

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by sakuhta
1) Special attacks effects are not changed in UMS you moron
2) I am a Melee gamer, pay attention
3) Thank you seksi amrtin, for proving my point :p
You can special effects(almost ALL) in UMS, if you haven't noticed. and if you're a melee gamer, why are you talking about evangelion? i didnt even know what that is anyway, so i would be careless. and the last, you make no sense. have you ever thought about that?

P.S.- If you were trying to say what amrtin said, you should've made your post clearler b/c i didnt even fully undserstand all of your posts.

Originally posted by sakuhta
No, it doesn't. It just stops air from touching anything within the cloud. They won't even attack.
Who doesn't attack? Air can attack too, if you didn't know.

You said air won't attack, but ranged is not stopped from attacking. That probably made all of us think that you're saying ranged units can attack another units that are under DS, I think phoenix'd agree with me on that one.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Sakuhta, I think you are confusing some things.

Everyone's telling you that units under dark swarm will not be it by non-splash damage ranged units. Either the enemy is under the cloud or not.

In Blizzard.com
Dark Swarm

Cost: 100
Range: 9

Dark Swarm appears on the battlefield as an orange smoke cloud. The cloud encompasses a 6x6 matrix area. Units within the cloud take no damage from ranged attacks. Only units with melee, splash, or special weaponry are able to affect a unit underneath a Dark Swarm. Note that the Swarm will only protect units, and any buildings in the cloud are still vulnerable to attack by ranged weapons.

Since all airborne units possess ranged attacks, Dark Swarm is a particularly effective tool against an attack from the air when you place Hydralisks under the cloud. When used as part of an attack or defense on the ground, care must be taken to prevent enemy units from also using the Dark Swarm as protection. The Dark Swarm can also protect enemy units from the ranged attacks of your own Hydralisks, Mutalisks, and Guardians. Position your own ground forces to block the path of the enemy troops into your protective cloud.

The following units are able to damage units underneath a Dark Swarm with their normal attacks:

Protoss: Probes, Reavers, Dark Templar, Zealots, Archons
Terrans: SCVs, Firebats, Siege Tanks in Siege Mode
Zerg: Drones, Zerglings, Lurkers, Ultralisk, Broodlings, Infested Terrans

Many special abilities are also completely unaffected by the presence of a Dark Swarm including: Yamato Cannons, Spider Mines, Irradiate, EMP Shockwave, Psionic Storm, Maelstrom, Feedback, Plague, Ensnare, and Spawn Broodling.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Sakuhta, I think you are confusing some things.

Everyone's telling you that units under dark swarm will not be it by non-splash damage ranged units. Either the enemy is under the cloud or not.
Well my resource (Evangelion) when I use it the only thing within range was sieged tanks, so that one went bunk. :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Not sure if I you mean that my argument is not valid, or yours isn't...

Either way, I think there's a way to heal a unit if it's under atack by a specific unit.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sakutha, why do you keep bringing up evangelion when you've been told that it's a UMS and you can get special effects? And then say you're a melee player? Also as a@... pointed out, you should be more clear with your wording.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
All right, I think the subject is covered, so just let it down.

Untill someone has the need to bump it for valid reasons.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how long does it last anyway cuz i no it last for a good long while

aphextwin

Reaction score
dark swarm is the most pathetic skill ever...... i even use hallucinate more often that swarm... the onlytime i use a defiller is for plague, otherwise dont get it...

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
dark swarm is the most pathetic skill ever...... i even use hallucinate more often that swarm... the onlytime i use a defiller is for plague, otherwise dont get it...
u gotta watch the replay i posted, you will find darkswarm most great skill ever after you watching it.