(Z vs Z) rush faster then zergling rush

Pro_oss5

Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
This is wat u do, u put drone on mine, keep getting drone and put on mineral. at the nine wait for 200 and make pool, get another drone. Save up money. when pool is about half done, Get about 4 drone and go to enemy territory and make 4 sunken near worker place. His reac6tion will be getting drone and kill it but it is worthless. THen at base u evole some zergling and sent tu help out your sunken.
U should practice this against the com until u can do it faster then the time that the com get ling before u do it online. Peole online usualy make a second pool so they r vulnerable to attack.!! Peace hope this help u

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pro_oss5
This is wat u do, u put drone on mine, keep getting drone and put on mineral. at the nine wait for 200 and make pool, get another drone. Save up money. when pool is about half done, Get about 4 drone and go to enemy territory and make 4 sunken near worker place. His reac6tion will be getting drone and kill it but it is worthless. THen at base u evole some zergling and sent tu help out your sunken.
wtf is this.... it can be easily defended with 1 sunken...and plus, how the hell do u know where ur opponent is, what if he is far away??, what if he sees your early scouting drone and thinks that you're going to rush???, what if both your scouting overlords are in each other's bases???, what if he does the same thing??? this just doesn't work...it may against newbies, but against experienced players, u have no chance

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
Great constructive criticism, iamshort. I am sure he had good intentions in posting this, just look at his last sentence. Still, this strategy will, in most cases, not work. It has worked on me before when I catch the Sunken Colony when it is done (I am off looking at his base with a scout or taking a drink of Coke).
Bottom Line: Sunken Rush is risky, hurts your early game and almost never works. Just do a normal Zergling rush if anything.

Kano523

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A simmilar strategy did work on me once. Only I was playing against Protoss and got my ass handed to me by a cannon rush. What they did was begin building cannons near my mineral line...and I sent my drones to fix it. But while they were doing this they had set up another group just outside of my line of sight near my vespene geyser. And...yeah...I got my ass handed to me. From then on I learned that having a group of lings in early game is more important than teching to mutas in 6-7 minutes.

dfuze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you cant make as many as you want, that'd require more overlords than the 1 you start with :)