Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
New Strategy!! A Must Read

Alright guys, I found a new strategy for Zerg to destroy a base quickly without getting your units destroyed. The units needed to complete this strategy are:
Ultralisk: Fully Upgraded
Zergling: Fully Upgraded
Lurkers: Fully Upgraded
Defilers: Carapace at level 3/Consume Ability

Alright, first make your army. Make sure you don't make to many Ultras cause they take up to many units, same as Lurkers.
Zerglings are a must since they attack fast, especially fully graded.
Hydralisk should stay in the back and if possible on top of a mountain. You should have atleast 10 Defilers and make sure they have alot of energy and Consume ability. You can use a Queen to make SCVs, Drones, or Probes into Broodlings so Defilers won't run out of energy. Alright here it goes. First send in a distraction, a strong unit. Guardians work will because they'll be busy with there units trying to destroy the guardians. Quickly get zerglings to attack the main mineral base. Get a Defiler to use Dark Swarm on it self and the Zergling. Keep Two other Defilers handy so they can use their Swarms when that Defiler runs out of energy. The Zerglings buildings fast, but can still be vulnerable. After destroying the main base, head for buildings that allow you to build strong units, such as Fleet Beacons or Greater Spire. If your opponent pulls out the air units, bring in your merciless Hydras. You should have 50 Hydras ready to found all the units. After your opponents units are destroyed, send in the Ultralisks to destroy the buildings. 12 Ultras can crumble a base so fast. If your facing a Protoss with alot of Cannons, use your Hydras to crumble down the Pylons, like that they won't be functional. The Ultras will own the base fast and thats it, your opponent will be eliminated in no time! Hope this strategy works, make sure you practice it alot so like that you can do it fast and efficient without a worry of messing up! My account on B.net is xXx591xXx.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps bunch of Siege tanks can beat it with bunks in front of them, not to mention Sci Vessel with Irriate.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
But dudes....if you are trying to take out a zarg base then devorurs will kill the guards in like...2 seconds. Plus he'll probably be smart and ensare the lings. By then you probably wont have the confidence to keep up with your attck. You probably try to retarat to save your rmaining troops but by then they'll already have back up units sent to take out your striking force. They use these units and BOOM! Your dead. GG No re.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But remember guys, Dark Swarm = No damage to your unit. That means, if you do Dark Swarm around your units INCLUDING the Defiler, its unstopable. You need about 10 Defilers. This strategy works, trust me. I use it all the time and its hard to counter or I win. And by the time they counter, its too late cause they have no SCV, Drone, or Probe left to build, plus no nexus..

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Ummm dude...dark swarm only protcts agasint ground ranged units...

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sword tip
Ummm dude...dark swarm only protcts agasint ground ranged units...

That's why the strategy only envolves ground units, the air units are a distraction, read carefully, dude.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Terran: Tanks, goliaths and Science vessels, with a good player, would own that.

Protoss: Reavers, some zealots, and storm would own that.

Zerg: Lurkers would own that.

I saying this because I assume it is a money map, correct?

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Terran: Tanks, goliaths and Science vessels, with a good player, would own that.

Protoss: Reavers, some zealots, and storm would own that.

Zerg: Lurkers would own that.

I saying this because I assume it is a money map, correct?

I first tried this strategy in Island Hop. Then I tried it in a money map. It takes a while if its not on a money map. And if you're careful enough, with Dark Swarm, you would own someone.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by Hydralisk591
That's why the strategy only envolves ground units, the air units are a distraction, read carefully, dude.
I know but most of the time a person will have some guards ready for combat which kill those lings pretty fast trying to distract eco.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hydralisk591
I first tried this strategy in Island Hop. Then I tried it in a money map. It takes a while if its not on a money map. And if you're careful enough, with Dark Swarm, you would own someone.
The one thing I love about this game is that you basicly do not have a beat-it-all tactic. In the day I find one, I think I'll quit it.

With that, I mean that there are always ways to counter things. Dark Swarm is good against newbies and to give further armor to your army, specially with Ultralisks. But it can be surpassed.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tanks with siege modes can kill units in Dark Swarm...

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Your also implying that they have no aerial defence, or ground defence around thier base, or at entrances.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by Gemini_Bloodian
Your also implying that they have no aerial defence, or ground defence around thier base, or at entrances.
Yeah ,only newbs dont have unit defense.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sword tip
Yeah ,only newbs dont have unit defense.

Swordtip, you've been really mean to me on ALL my posts that you reply. Anyways, yeah, I agree. There is no strategy that can be beaten in this game. Tronga is right, if there was a strategy that is unbeaten then I'll quit to....Tronga, you're my idol :p

that was completely random lol

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Duder... all these things fully upgraded.. so many Ultralisks... surely this isn't a strategy, more of an endgame solution?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm sorry, but if you did that to me when I had zerg, on a money map, you'de be dead before you even knew it. 80ish Fully Upgraded muta's in bomb formation would own your base without any support. And I'm guess you'de max out your underling limit on the guys over attacking my base, so you wouldnt be able to make backups at your base to help you..

You'de have 3 choices. Let your guys attack my base, while I attack yours, and see who would win first (probably the mutas), Run your guys back to your base, only to be killed on the runback by the mutas, because you can't hit them, or just quit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.