Z~How to manage scourges

Discussion in 'StarCraft Strategy Guides' started by Bomba923, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Bomba923

Bomba923 Member!

How to manage scourges

How do u manage scourges? Do u send them in first, use them to defend ur base, or send them during or after ur attack?
    It seems it takes a lot of them to take out large air forces, and even then i get 5scourges exploding on a single wraith.

Just wondering tho, how do u use them or micromanage with them?

2. ReiGn

ReiGn Premium Member

I just let them auto follow my other units and when there's a enemy air unit i controll them manually one by one or by three's.

3. Static

Static Premium Member

Joe's Garage.
    Use them to kill the big ships. BCs and carriors. And if fighting zerg overlords or guardians. Best way to cripple a zerg player is to take out his overlords. i know from experience :(

4. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    2 Scourges take out a Carrier, don't they?

Send them out in bunches to larger air. If you haven't much AA, then send out Scourges - they are relatively cheap.

If you have a few badly damaged Scourges, send them out first, or use them for scouting.

5. Biske

Biske BattleForums Senior Member

Nineveh
    Um, I think it takes more then 2 to take out a Carrier. It takes like 3 to nuke a Dropship. Anyway, I digress, they are the Zerglings of the sky, 2 for 1 going on there. I mainly use em for scouting, since they're so cheep to mass produce, one gets squished, 30 seconds later, two take it's place.

6. Hacking_Beast

Hacking_Beast Member!

In your computer
    Make some and keep them in defense, and when you're ready to attack send them with other forces. Take down BCs and Carriers, and other useful units like Arbiters with them and kill the others with hydras.

7. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    Scourges suck vs. BattleCruisers. BCs deal 25 damage and +3 when upgraded so BCs will take out Scourges in one shot, and unless you have a ton of Scourges, then you'll have to Darkswarm + Hydra to kill them.

8. aphextwin

aphextwin BattleForums Senior Member

u dont use scourage alone to kill bc....... u mix all zerg air units to get good results......... and it takes like 4-5 scourages to kill a carrier....... if u know what ur doing.....

9. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    BCs would still own the Zerg air, otherwise you're going to need a hefty army and ALOT of Scourges to take out 6-12 BCs.

Besides, who gets BCs in a TvZ anyway?

10. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 BattleForums Senior Member

Antioch, Aiur
    yeah, ya do. they're just hard to use, period. Don't send scourge one at a time. Still, no one uses BCs against zerg on non-money maps as been stated.

11. betaalpha5

betaalpha5 BattleForums Senior Member

if i'm fighting zerg, i mostly send them with mutas to destory overlords that's mostly what i use scrouges for. i barly use them for anything else.

12. aphextwin

aphextwin BattleForums Senior Member

i do.... i get bcs in most games i play :\ (bcs or nuke whichever i feel comfortable with)

try 12 bc vs 12 scourages see who wins...... u need like 8 muta/8 devour/8 scourage to kill 12 bc.... money wise, zerg air owns anything else.... just learn to use it right

13. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 BattleForums Senior Member

Antioch, Aiur
    That's why I said send more than one at a time. Of course, 12 BCs will beat 12 scourge. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :rollie
    scourge will destroy BCs for cost. say 6 scourge per BC and the scourges are STILL cheaper. 75/225 > 400/300.

If you get BCs regularly against zerg, then you're either lying or playing incompetents. Any decent zerg will smack you like a bitch if you pursued BCs. Don't think I've ever played a zvt when terran even thinks about making them. The closest they will get is a science facility and research irradiate. Regular zvt units trivially own them.

14. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    I think money-wise, decent Zerg air costs alot. In PvZ anyway...