Z~How to manage scourges

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How to manage scourges

How do u manage scourges? Do u send them in first, use them to defend ur base, or send them during or after ur attack?
It seems it takes a lot of them to take out large air forces, and even then i get 5scourges exploding on a single wraith.

Just wondering tho, how do u use them or micromanage with them?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just let them auto follow my other units and when there's a enemy air unit i controll them manually one by one or by three's.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Use them to kill the big ships. BCs and carriors. And if fighting zerg overlords or guardians. Best way to cripple a zerg player is to take out his overlords. i know from experience :(

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
2 Scourges take out a Carrier, don't they?

Send them out in bunches to larger air. If you haven't much AA, then send out Scourges - they are relatively cheap.

If you have a few badly damaged Scourges, send them out first, or use them for scouting.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Um, I think it takes more then 2 to take out a Carrier. It takes like 3 to nuke a Dropship. Anyway, I digress, they are the Zerglings of the sky, 2 for 1 going on there. I mainly use em for scouting, since they're so cheep to mass produce, one gets squished, 30 seconds later, two take it's place.

Hacking_Beast

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizarddragon.tk
Make some and keep them in defense, and when you're ready to attack send them with other forces. Take down BCs and Carriers, and other useful units like Arbiters with them and kill the others with hydras.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Scourges suck vs. BattleCruisers. BCs deal 25 damage and +3 when upgraded so BCs will take out Scourges in one shot, and unless you have a ton of Scourges, then you'll have to Darkswarm + Hydra to kill them.

aphextwin

Reaction score
u dont use scourage alone to kill bc....... u mix all zerg air units to get good results......... and it takes like 4-5 scourages to kill a carrier....... if u know what ur doing.....

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
BCs would still own the Zerg air, otherwise you're going to need a hefty army and ALOT of Scourges to take out 6-12 BCs.

Besides, who gets BCs in a TvZ anyway?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
u dont use scourage alone to kill bc.....
yeah, ya do. they're just hard to use, period. Don't send scourge one at a time. Still, no one uses BCs against zerg on non-money maps as been stated.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if i'm fighting zerg, i mostly send them with mutas to destory overlords that's mostly what i use scrouges for. i barly use them for anything else.

aphextwin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Renzokuken
Besides, who gets BCs in a TvZ anyway?
i do.... i get bcs in most games i play :\ (bcs or nuke whichever i feel comfortable with)

yeah, ya do. they're just hard to use, period. Don't send scourge one at a time. Still, no one uses BCs against zerg on non-money maps as been stated.
try 12 bc vs 12 scourages see who wins...... u need like 8 muta/8 devour/8 scourage to kill 12 bc.... money wise, zerg air owns anything else.... just learn to use it right

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's why I said send more than one at a time. Of course, 12 BCs will beat 12 scourge. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rollie
scourge will destroy BCs for cost. say 6 scourge per BC and the scourges are STILL cheaper. 75/225 > 400/300.

If you get BCs regularly against zerg, then you're either lying or playing incompetents. Any decent zerg will smack you like a bitch if you pursued BCs. Don't think I've ever played a zvt when terran even thinks about making them. The closest they will get is a science facility and research irradiate. Regular zvt units trivially own them.