Z~how do u beat cannon rush?

L

lou01

how do u beat cannon rush?

i hate those people who build photon cannons in your base how u deal with it?

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA and you are zerg?!?!!? .... just build sunken near pylon :\

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
the only way to defeat it is to prevent it.... Just put or burrow a ling outside your base... and when some funky play is afoot destroy all who ingage. In my total noob stages it happened to me... all you could do when in the middle of it is tech up to guardains... but i dont think that would even work. that or leave

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You can try just getting Creep colonys. Pylons and Cannons Cant be built on Creep. So use your base to your advantage, only another Zerg or a VERY good protoss can Static rush you. Just try to Get sunkens Littered around your base, and Maybe if you can get some burrowed Lings Scattered around your choke. they wont be able to build on your Zlings.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well 99% of Protoss players don't cannon rush on non-money maps anyway. And if it's a money map, you'll be able to spill out Zerglings like no tomorrow anyway.

Just try to prevent it, rather than beat it.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lots of people cannon rush =P

anyways, counter: send your first 2 overlords for scouting, while sending out a drone to scout the a place where your overlord isn't going, when your 3rd overlord pops up put it somewhere in your base so you can see if he builds a pylon around your creep.

my thoughts: I don't see the point of cannon rushing a zerg.. you can't really get near their mineral line.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'm not sure how cannon rushing is an issue regardless of race. scout the perimeter of your base and the enemy's.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: how do u beat cannon rush?

Originally posted by lou01
i hate those people who build photon cannons in your base how u deal with it?

If your Zerg, Cannons can be a problem so most likely if they get cannons before you get a Hydra Den, your dead. So just ignore the cannons and focus on getting Hatcherys and Hydra Dens and build Hydralisks to kill the Pylon or Pylons. This is a very good strategy for a cannon rush.

Thusa

Member!
Reaction score
i dont think these ppl understand...usually when people cannon rush you...they start back a little and work there way forward so if u attack cannons that are being made there are backups...so yeah if u get cannon rushed...ur pretty much screwed because the guy whos cannoning you is free to tech up and get goons and what not...

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
Only thing you can do is stop it. Chances are if they're doing a cannon rush they used the forge-first build order and don't have a gateway yet, so just attack them while the cannons are still warping in.

DarkRider

Xbox Junkie
Reaction score
I build hyrdas, then mass them with hyrdas until I can get defillers, and then I plague them.

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Huh, it been quite awhile since I posted in this Forums...

Anyhow, forget about wasting money on building more units. U see the probe, u blow it up with 2 or 3 drones.